Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-31-2015, 02:57 PM   #1
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Anyone having issues with Ridetech recently?

Sent my coilovers back recently because the fronts were squeaking when set on all but the softest of settings. Got a return authorization number from them to have them sent back and gone through. About a week went by since they had gotten them and I had sent a few emails to the person that I got the return number from and no response. Called today and they have no record of having them. They are looking into it and should hear back next week. This will now put me at least an additional two weeks with the car down before they even start looking at them compared to when they should have had them in hand. Not happy!

Customer service has been amazing up until this point, but losing my stuff is a big problem for me. Hope it turns out ok. (update edit: problem ended up just being holiday, vacations it took longer for them to process and log in my package once they got it)

Curious if anyone else has had issues lately, I went with them mainly because of their reputation and good customer service.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's

Last edited by Mike_G; 02-12-2016 at 09:31 AM.
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
chase@ridetech

Drives: 09 GMC Yukon Denali
Hey Mike,

Give me a call on my direct line 812 481 4736 and I will make sure to sort out your issue. We are short staffed through the holidays and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
Sent my coilovers back recently because the fronts were squeaking when set on all but the softest of settings. Got a return authorization number from them to have them sent back and gone through. About a week went by since they had gotten them and I had sent a few emails to the person that I got the return number from and no response. Called today and they have no record of having them. They are looking into it and should hear back next week. This will now put me at least an additional two weeks with the car down before they even start looking at them compared to when they should have had them in hand. Not happy!

Customer service has been amazing up until this point, but losing my stuff is a big problem for me. Hope it turns out ok.

Curious if anyone else has had issues lately, I went with them mainly because of their reputation and good customer service.
chase@ridetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:37 AM   #3
Mike_G

Turned out to just be a short staffing issue and although the shocks were physically in their building, they hadn't been checked in. Once they were checked in they had them on the shock dyno and shipped back out to me within 2 days.

Other than the slight down time over the hollidays which would have been nice to know when I was talking to them about shipping them to have them tested, support was great as I have experienced previously.

Thanks Chase.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Old 02-02-2016, 11:07 PM   #4
chase@ridetech

Quote:
Turned out to just be a short staffing issue and although the shocks were physically in their building, they hadn't been checked in. Once they were checked in they had them on the shock dyno and shipped back out to me within 2 days.

Other than the slight down time over the hollidays which would have been nice to know when I was talking to them about shipping them to have them tested, support was great as I have experienced previously.

Thanks Chase.
No Problem Mike,
Keep me in the loop on how your car turns out!
Old 02-03-2016, 08:29 PM   #5
Mike_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase@ridetech View Post
No Problem Mike,
Keep me in the loop on how your car turns out!
still getting some noise in the rear on rough roads (clunking), still a tiny bit of noise in the front during compression/rebound on stiffer shock settings (sounds like a bushing that needs lube) after re lubing all greasable joints in the sway bar and endlinks.

Rear is a clunking noise, I have checked torque on every rear suspension bolt like 5 times now and nothing is loose. Also just replaced trailing arms, toe rods with BMR versions and all associated bushings and that was no help either.

Before installing the ridetechs I was running LG motorsports coilovers which re-use the OEM rear upper mount and there were no noises with these.

Could it be an issue with the orientation of the top plate on the rear shock (plate has slots for adjustment where the mounting botls are like the OEM plate does) causing something

You can hear the noise I am getting at 4 and 8 seconds in the video below

Use to have

Last edited by Mike_G; 02-17-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:35 AM   #6
Mike_G

Added a video of the noises I am getting from the suspension in post 5 if anyone has any suggestions (you hear it at 4 and 8 seconds).

To recap upgraded sways to BMR a year ago, replaced lower control arms in rear at the time to upgrade to FE4 suspension. Then added LGmotorsports coilovers and had no noises. Swapped to Ridetech and had some noise front and rear (mostly rear at this point) Replaced rear trailing arms and toe links as well as associated bushings and that did not help.

Shocks are set at 10 clicks from full stiff

I have disconnected rear sways and noise is still there so it is not sway or endlink related.

I have retorqued every suspension bolt about 20 times at this point and none are loose. Only stock component left in rear is the upper control arms.

Shocks have been sent back and tested and dyno results are fine. Not sure if it could be an issue with a mount or bearings or something that isn't tested.

Any thoughts? Could a driveline component be making this noise? It started immediatly after coilover install.

Use to have
Old 02-17-2016, 09:27 AM   #7
chase@ridetech

Quote:
Added a video of the noises I am getting from the suspension in post 5 if anyone has any suggestions (you hear it at 4 and 8 seconds).

To recap upgraded sways to BMR a year ago, replaced lower control arms in rear at the time to upgrade to FE4 suspension. Then added LGmotorsports coilovers and had no noises. Swapped to Ridetech and had some noise front and rear (mostly rear at this point) Replaced rear trailing arms and toe links as well as associated bushings and that did not help.

Shocks are set at 10 clicks from full stiff

I have disconnected rear sways and noise is still there so it is not sway or endlink related.

I have retorqued every suspension bolt about 20 times at this point and none are loose. Only stock component left in rear is the upper control arms.

Shocks have been sent back and tested and dyno results are fine. Not sure if it could be an issue with a mount or bearings or something that isn't tested.

Any thoughts? Could a driveline component be making this noise? It started immediatly after coilover install.
I believe that one of the bearings is out of spec and is causing some unwanted movement. If the bearing has any play it it could make this sound. I will get some new parts on their way to you.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:34 AM   #8
Mike_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase@ridetech View Post
I believe that one of the bearings is out of spec and is causing some unwanted movement. If the bearing has any play it it could make this sound. I will get some new parts on their way to you.
Amazing service as always, hope this fixes the issue.

Use to have
Old 03-24-2016, 04:36 PM   #9
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Mike what was the finally verdict? Is the noise still there? I'm torn as to which coil-overs I'm looking to do - RT or BC
Old 03-24-2016, 05:47 PM   #10
JMT

Drives: 2013 1LT
Would also like to know as I have same noise from passenger rear.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #11
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
LG is redoing their coils now with dampening adjustability from what my dealer told me who is a rep. If I paid over 2G's for these and I'm getting noises I would be pretty pissed.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #12
Mike_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Mike what was the finally verdict? Is the noise still there? I'm torn as to which coil-overs I'm looking to do - RT or BC
Never got rid of the noise and although it wasnt very loud, I am very sensitive to that type of thing, really bugged me. The ride quality was really good. I have swapped over to Detroit Speed at this point.

Use to have
Old 04-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #13
Mike_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
LG is redoing their coils now with dampening adjustability from what my dealer told me who is a rep. If I paid over 2G's for these and I'm getting noises I would be pretty pissed.
Hopefully it makes a big difference. The LG motorsport coilovers I ran on on the camaro before the ridetech were the worst riding coilovers I have ever owned. They were dirt cheap too though.

Use to have
Old 04-19-2016, 07:28 PM   #14
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
yeah u get what u pay for, but their seems to be mixed reviews on the LG's. Some like them and some dont. I'll wait for the new design to come out and give them a try cant be any worse then my stock struts and lowered springs im running now.

Quote:
Hopefully it makes a big difference. The LG motorsport coilovers I ran on on the camaro before the ridetech were the worst riding coilovers I have ever owned. They were dirt cheap too though.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote