Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-23-2016, 01:22 PM   #1
csorrentini

Drives: 2010 Orange 2SS/RS
Tire question

Hello all,

Need some assistance with tires if you all would. My current setup is TSW Nurburgrings 20x10.5 in the rear and 20x 9.5 front. I have the Nitto Invos on them at 275/40/20 front and 315/35/20 rear. I'm looking to buy new tires due to these getting worn down and was wondering if there was a better setup I should perhaps use? I am pretty open to suggestions.

Thank you all, ope I gave enough information.
csorrentini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #2
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Are you looking for better performance? Longer lasting tread wear? I had invo's on all four corners for about 2 years and they were good. But the rears obviously wore faster but I wanted something with a bit more grip so I went with the notti NTO5's on the rear wheels and kept the invo's up front. I was going to go with the NT05r but I wanted a bit more tread life.

Before the Nitto's I had the conti DWS's and they were alright. At best. Not a bad all season tire but really good at nothing.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #3
csorrentini

Hello Outlaw,

It is my daily and so not looking for "EXTREME" performance but I do like the grip of the Nittos with my current setup. Just wondering if there is a better option that is similar.

I was looking at the NT05s but wasn't 100% sure. How has your experience been with them? Seems to me like the NT05s are subpar to the Invos but I would prefer real world experience.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:06 PM   #4
PK Auto Design

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS 1LE
Nitto NT555G2
PK Auto Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:09 PM   #5
csorrentini

Funny, I was just looking at those. I was wondering, how much of is my acceleration suffering with using 315s in the rear? I know they are some HEFTY tires.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:31 AM   #6
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by csorrentini View Post
Hello Outlaw,

It is my daily and so not looking for "EXTREME" performance but I do like the grip of the Nittos with my current setup. Just wondering if there is a better option that is similar.

I was looking at the NT05s but wasn't 100% sure. How has your experience been with them? Seems to me like the NT05s are subpar to the Invos but I would prefer real world experience.
The NT05's are a step above the invo's in terms of grip and acceleration. The NT05r is the drag radial. With the invos, and at my power level, I had grip issues. Constant spinning in first and second. The invos have slightly better tread wear life but sacrifice grip. It depends on what your looking for in a tire. My camaro is a dd in the summer and I don't drive it in the rain if I don't have to. The invo's handle the rain really well, the NT05's not so much. But the grip with NT05's is great. The NT05r's is even better but they don't last long at all. So far I quite like the NT05's.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote