Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #43
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
No. Go to Autozone or equivalent and get a can of Mass Airflow cleaner. Clean that thing and report back with findings.
I thought he said he already replaced it. The good news is since it just stared doing this he should be able to track it down.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:56 PM   #44
Zena

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
No. Go to Autozone or equivalent and get a can of Mass Airflow cleaner. Clean that thing and report back with findings.
I have already replaced the MAF. Are you suggesting that I take MAF sensor cleaner to the air filter???????
Zena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:18 PM   #45
ZMEnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zena View Post
I have already replaced the MAF. Are you suggesting that I take MAF sensor cleaner to the air filter???????
No don't do that..
Old 10-08-2017, 03:49 AM   #46
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
No. Nevermind.

GP Tuning 2.5 Cam, RPS Carbon Twin Clutch, Ported Blower, Kook's Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ID850's, 9.17 Lower, 2.5 Upper, JMS BAP, Pedders Front Radius Arm Inserts, Whiteline Subframe Inserts, Tuned by me with HP Tuners
Idle Clip Link...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTL8S9eHwbs
ABADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:00 AM   #47
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
What are the two wires and relay (see red arrow in pic) used for that are bolted to the inside of the Roto Fab? Maybe follow the wires to see what circuit they are connected to. I've never seen that. I would also check to see if the throttle body has been ported. It looks to be a stock size, so you would need to remove the cold air tract to view it. A properly ported TB and CAI shouldn't cause REP but if the ambient temp is low enough; it might. I would also check the ground that is right in the air filter area and make sure it has a solid connection. Finally, try to get a hold of the previous owner to see if they can offer some insight on the mods.
Attached Images

DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:14 AM   #48
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Looks like an Oracle light kit relay. Noticed that too.

Does your code reader have freeze frame data capability?

GP Tuning 2.5 Cam, RPS Carbon Twin Clutch, Ported Blower, Kook's Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ID850's, 9.17 Lower, 2.5 Upper, JMS BAP, Pedders Front Radius Arm Inserts, Whiteline Subframe Inserts, Tuned by me with HP Tuners
Idle Clip Link...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTL8S9eHwbs
ABADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:33 PM   #49
Zena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
What are the two wires and relay (see red arrow in pic) used for that are bolted to the inside of the Roto Fab? Maybe follow the wires to see what circuit they are connected to. I've never seen that. I would also check to see if the throttle body has been ported. It looks to be a stock size, so you would need to remove the cold air tract to view it. A properly ported TB and CAI shouldn't cause REP but if the ambient temp is low enough; it might. I would also check the ground that is right in the air filter area and make sure it has a solid connection. Finally, try to get a hold of the previous owner to see if they can offer some insight on the mods.
TB has not been ported, as I confirmed that yesterday. Always wondered what that was to, as it looks like their are cop lights installed in the grill of this car, which is another story.

Could you elaborate more on "check the ground that is right in the air filter area"
Old 10-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #50
Zena

Quote:
Looks like an Oracle light kit relay. Noticed that too.

Does your code reader have freeze frame data capability?
It doesn't unfortunately.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #51
ZMEnow

Quote:
TB has not been ported, as I confirmed that yesterday. Always wondered what that was to, as it looks like their are cop lights installed in the grill of this car, which is another story.

Could you elaborate more on "check the ground that is right in the air filter area"
IN order to install a CAI box some move the main battery ground cable and it can sometimes cause erratic issues which I dont believe is an issue for you as your codes are clear that its related to TB, MAF and SC sensor, and since your car was running ok and all of the sudden started this issue I would say stay focused in that area.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:36 PM   #52
d454brisson

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I would think the stabilitrak error points it to a ground issue. I would check retighten both sides the one on the passenger head, the one by the air box and anything near the steering.
d454brisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:12 AM   #53
Zena

Well thanks everyone for the input. It seems that after the process of elimination, things all point to the air filter being dirty and non-usable. I came to this conclusion by taking it out and tapping it against a corner of the garage and reinstalled. Before I fired it up, took off the MAF and cleaned it also, looked to have some light debris on it. Put everything back together and took it for a spin. I ran her up to 5th gear on multiple pulls and everything seemed ok, until the return of the dreaded CEL followed by the Service Stabilitrak message with rough idle. Parked, took the MAF out for inspection and low and behold, the debris had returned. SO that immediately lets me know that the reason the MAF is throwing codes everywhere is because it's receiving dirty air from the filter. Just placed an order for a RotoFab oiled air filter. Will update once installed and tested.