Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
starman

Drives: 2010 SS - LS3 - CGM
Injen CAI Install (full-length system) on LS3

Well, this past weekend my brother and I installed the full-length Injen CAI on my LS3. The instructions were very straightforward and I feel pretty confident I could install a CAI by myself in the future.

As for performance, this thing is a beast! The acceleration feels smooth and consistent, and the power increase is highly noticeable, especially in 4th and 5th. Give it a little gas, and you can hear the intake taking a huge breath of air!

Sadly I don't have official numbers, but I am completely satisfied (even without a dyno tune.) Injen FTW!!!

1. Loosening and removing the front-left tire.

2. Tire is off. Remove the wheel-well guard (not pictured.)

3. Removing the factory air box.

4. Inside the air box after the filter is removed.

5. Stock intake removed.

6. Stock Windshield Wiper Fluid Reservoir removed.

7. Injen Windshield Wiper Fluid Reservoir installed. This step was very simple and only took about 10 minutes.

8. Closeup of the intake clamp on the engine.

9. Intake tube installed and clamped on.

10. Air filter installed and clamped.

11. Install complete with engine cover back on.

I forgot to make a "before" video of what it sounds like stock, but I'll be making an "after" video later.

Next mod: Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust!

Injen Long-tube CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Eagle Eye Headlights w/HIDs,
Sparks SS emblems, Unrestricted Motorsports Gen1 Spoiler, Vossen CV3 Wheels, Nitto Invos (275/40-20)x4

starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Great install. I put my injen in a few months back. Been loving the sound ever since.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I have been trying to decide on an intake, but there are so many out there...with this on do you need to worry about any water or anything? I assume no, because if you are in that much water you would be screwed anyway
SlowSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
starman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSS View Post
I have been trying to decide on an intake, but there are so many out there...with this on do you need to worry about any water or anything? I assume no, because if you are in that much water you would be screwed anyway
Well the day after I installed it, we had a pretty huge downpour. No issues whatsoever. From what I keep reading, the filter would have to pretty much be submerged in water to cause any kind of problem.

Plus I ordered from Janetty Racing and they included a free hydro-shield in case you want to be really careful.

Injen Long-tube CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Eagle Eye Headlights w/HIDs,
Sparks SS emblems, Unrestricted Motorsports Gen1 Spoiler, Vossen CV3 Wheels, Nitto Invos (275/40-20)x4

Old 01-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Can someone please explain to me what the purpose of the object circled below is...
Attached Images

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Nobody?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #7
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Nobody?
I believe someone said it was to catch any oil that may get blown backwards throught the PCV system, do to reversion upon heavy decel. If Ingen is CARB certified it could be the hydocarbon filtering, or something like that, like the stock box. I looked at the box a few months ago, but can't remember what it looked like inside.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Can someone please explain to me what the purpose of the object circled below is...
Electric water pump...??

Sorry......just noticed it was hooked to the new intake.......lol

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
Well, this past weekend my brother and I installed the full-length Injen CAI on my LS3. The instructions were very straightforward and I feel pretty confident I could install a CAI by myself in the future.

As for performance, this thing is a beast! The acceleration feels smooth and consistent, and the power increase is highly noticeable, especially in 4th and 5th. Give it a little gas, and you can hear the intake taking a huge breath of air!

Sadly I don't have official numbers, but I am completely satisfied (even without a dyno tune.) Injen FTW!!!
Nice Write up Starman, These systems are Pretty Nice, Now all you need is one of my custom Tunes to really make is shine and Unleash the Beast within.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #10
starman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Nice Write up Starman, These systems are Pretty Nice, Now all you need is one of my custom Tunes to really make is shine and Unleash the Beast within.

Ted.
Thank you, thank you. And thanks for the awesome deal on the system. Janetty FTW! Too bad I live in California, though.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
Thank you, thank you. And thanks for the awesome deal on the system. Janetty FTW! Too bad I live in California, though.
No Problem, Thanks to the WWW and SCT we can tune everyone everywhere.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote