Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-17-2010, 01:36 AM   #1
NCRomine

Drives: '08 Tundra
A Little help over here.

So i have my 2SS ordered and I am looking for a little help as far as the goes... I got the invoice for Prefered pricing at $35,472. With TTL in Texas it takes it to $38,398 and then with USAA dicount it takes it back down to $37,648. Now im putting down 10K and I want my payments to be $450 even so I need it to be at 37K. When I talked to the dealer they said that the price is already as good as it gets, does anyone have anything else that would help me out cause I dont know if they are going to and I dont have anything else to say to pull the price down..Thanks!
NCRomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Put down another $648. You seem like you are already getting a good price.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRomine View Post
When I talked to the dealer they said that the price is already as good as it gets
Have you ever had a dealer *not* tell you that. You can always get a few hundred more off if you're willing to spend some time arguing and show a willingness to walk. But you can never negotiate in advance... Only if you're willing to sign on the spot for $xxx will you get their best deal.

If you can go in with quotes from other dealers, that often works as well. What I do is ask for their best price. They'll bring you a offer sheet with a price. Tell them that won't work. You'll only buy today for $xxx; if they won't sell for that, tell them you're going to look at a specific car at another dealer you've been communicating with and get up to leave. Stick to your number and head for the door each time they say they can't do it. Tell them you just want to see if the other dealer will give you the deal you want. They know if you walk out there's only a slim chance you'll come back. I typically do this with 2-3 managers before they accept my offer. If they actually let you leave, you'll know you hit their bottom line. Otherwise, you haven't...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:01 PM   #4
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
You should talk to one of the dealers on these forums like BeckyD to see if they can get you a better price.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Preferred pricing minus $750 is a GREAT price.

The car is WORTH every penny at MSRP! (imo)

Is Killeen anywhere near Grapevine, TX? Eric Hall @ Classic is awesome to work with!
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
The problem is you ordered the car BEFORE negotiating your final price! If you put a deposit down already then you really don't have any room to argue, you've already made an agreement with them, whether you know it or not!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
The problem is you ordered the car BEFORE negotiating your final price! If you put a deposit down already then you really don't have any room to argue, you've already made an agreement with them, whether you know it or not!!!
+1

I'm confused, you are negotiating after ordering?

What options on your 2SS? Let me know and I'll PM you the price I could help you get it for.
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
If you're getting GM Preferred Pricing the dealer is bound by dealer agreement not to raise or lower the price of the car, except for available factory incentives like USAA or Pontiac/Saturn.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #9
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
did you put down a deposit? how much? that should go towards the car. is that part of the 10k you're putting down or are you putting 10k on top of that? if so, you might have the price you're looking for. i had put $500 down for my order and also got that $500 for not taking the 60 day return deal (that's gone now though). i had forgot about that...i put 10k down. when i did the paperwork it kept saying 11k down payment, then i realized the $500 i put down already that i'd forgot about was there plus that $500 for the 60 day return denial.

how long are you financing for? if it's 5 years, go 6 if you can and you can drop your payment enough to be at $450 or maybe less. i know you'll pay more in interest, but you can do it for now just so you can get it and when you're making more money you can pay higher monthly payments and pay it off faster. most banks won't penalize you for this.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
Put down another $648. You seem like you are already getting a good price.
Thats what I was thinking
Old 03-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #11
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Thats what I was thinking

What is your term for at 450 a month? I mean, even if it is 60 month, the 648 is only going to be about 11 more a month.....but I understand where you are coming from trying to keep your payment where you want it.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #12
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRomine View Post
So i have my 2SS ordered and I am looking for a little help as far as the goes... I got the invoice for Prefered pricing at $35,472. With TTL in Texas it takes it to $38,398 and then with USAA dicount it takes it back down to $37,648. Now im putting down 10K and I want my payments to be $450 even so I need it to be at 37K. When I talked to the dealer they said that the price is already as good as it gets, does anyone have anything else that would help me out cause I dont know if they are going to and I dont have anything else to say to pull the price down..Thanks!
First off the USAA discount will be applied before taxes. IF you have EXCELLENT credit and can get a 3.99 you will be at 450 payment if you finance no more than 28,771.22
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #13
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmont View Post
If you're getting GM Preferred Pricing the dealer is bound by dealer agreement not to raise or lower the price of the car, except for available factory incentives like USAA or Pontiac/Saturn.
And he is correct by this. IF you are going through a GM Supplier program, or any program that honors GM Preferred pricing, then, there is no additional discount, except for factory incentives.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:06 AM   #14
NCRomine

Drives: '08 Tundra
Thanks everyone for all the help! I'm getting the 2SS RS with stripes nothing else. I didnt have to put anything down to order it and I'm already going through Eric at Classic. I know that he's doing what he can but I'm just trying to look and make sure im not missing anything. I thought the USAA came off after TTL?? Thats one of the biggest things, if the USAA comes off before TTL i'll be gravy!
NCRomine is offline   Reply With Quote