Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-05-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
Itwuzalladream

Drives: Street Car
PLEASE HELP!!!!

I HAVE A 2010 CAMARO SS WITH A MAGGIE 2300, PORTED HEADS, BTR STAGE 3 CAM, 10 RIB KIT W/ 3.0” PULLEY & 10% OVERDRIVE REAR COG, ID1300 INJECTORS, SQUASH DUAL FUEL SYSTEM, FULLY BUILT 6L80, MAGGIE PORTED BLOWER TUB, DSS ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT, EMP INTERCOOLER PUMP, AIR TO WATER ICE TANK ETC ETC...

I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!!!!

I JUST SWAPPED THE CAM FROM A LG G5X1 TO A BRIAN TOOLEY RACING STAGE 3 POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT BLOWER CAM... MY BUILDER RECOMMENDED I DO IT BECAUSE THE LG CAM WAS “NOT CAPABLE OF CREATING MORE OR HOLDING THE BOOST” THE CAR WOULD SPIKE AT 12 OR 13 POUNDS OF BOOST THEN DROP TO 6 OR 7 POUNDS... THE REASON I GOT THE 10 RIB KIT ORIGINALLY WAS TO FIX THIS BUT IT DIDNT... NOW WITH THE BTR CAM IT IS HOLDING 15-16LBS OF BOOST BUT THE CAR IS NO FASTER!!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! COULD IT BE TUNING? WHAT COULD IT BE? HOW DOES A CAR GAIN 8LBS OF BOOST N THERES NO DIFFERENCE????

I RACED THE EXACT SAME CAR FROM THE EXACT SAME ROLL B4 & AFTER JUST TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE & IT WAS ALMOST IDENTICAL RESULTS!!!!

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!
Old 06-05-2018, 11:12 PM   #2
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Traction issues?
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:21 AM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
WHAT DOES THE DYNO SAY? No need to shout, but it sounds like it could be a tuning problem or possibly a lack of fuel. How did your dyno pulls look? Did you get any data from that? What was the air/fuel ratio?
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:14 AM   #4
ecreps

Drives: 2014 1LE, 1996 z28
Step 1: get a new tuner
Step 2: get them to tune your car
Step 3: get printouts/logs of timing, boost, afr, hp/tq, etc during said tuning.

This way you have something to compare to in the future.
ecreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:47 PM   #5
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreps View Post
Step 1: get a new tuner
Step 2: get them to tune your car
Step 3: get printouts/logs of timing, boost, afr, hp/tq, etc during said tuning.

This way you have something to compare to in the future.
This. Plus time slips of before and after.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:46 PM   #6
QUICRNU

Drives: Z06 wannabe
The higher boost is a good sign the 10 rib is doing its job and the lower Overlap and ported blower tub make sense.... you might also consider going with a larger top pulley now to get boost into the safe level and then tune from there.

I did all my base tuning on a 10lbs... then 12 then 13.5

only run the 13.5 with race gas etc to be safe, but my point is unless you are built internals dont be trying ot figure out the new cam and tune at 16-17lbs boost... Imho.

Also as the others said, get real data with real datalogs and an accurate wideband. whether it is from 1/4 passes or Dyno... roll racing against another car is useless data.

best of luck sorting it out.