Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-30-2009, 10:22 AM   #71
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
My Opinion:

The green is sick. (as in really awesome)

The mustang-style stripes look terrible

The black bowtie is hot (I have one on mine)

The transformers emblem is utterly ridiculous.

VIN: 2G1FT1EW8A9118043
Finally Home! (6/16)
Red Hot SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #72
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Color is nice, Stripes are not. Can you say Mustang?
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #73
CmB
OMG Bumblebee!! UM NO!!

Drives: IMO 2SS RS LOADED!
I think the color combo is nice, it will stand out from all the black/flat black combos out there. I would have to agree the painter most likely does a lot of Mustang or Honda jobs and knows he can do them in his sleep.

I did a similar stripe look, but nothing on the roof, pinstripes along the wide stripes, and filled out the cowl. Might be some things to consider as you finish the paint.

Curious why you went with the Decepticon logo not the Autobot logo? Or am I the only one geeky enough to notice that.

Good job making it your own.
CmB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #74
scooter82
"sarge"

Drives: not ordered yet May 2010
Dude...i LOVE your car! i'm getting a 2LT with the GE but i'm doing red racing stripes!

but i DO agree you should have gone down the entire car, kinda looks likes "unfinished" to me, but YES do some green lettering on the back side.. THAT would look hot! OR get some carpet floors (not sure if you got those) and take them to a custom shop and they will put green stiching on them...i've been customizing cars for the last 7yrs import and domestic...and i DO agree thoes ARENT the 'stang stripes...let people believe what they want but its YOUR car and YOUR money do what you like. I tell people if you dont like it that much then give me the money to change or shut up!...they usually take the 2nd choice..lol
scooter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #75
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmB View Post
I think the color combo is nice, it will stand out from all the black/flat black combos out there. I would have to agree the painter most likely does a lot of Mustang or Honda jobs and knows he can do them in his sleep.

I did a similar stripe look, but nothing on the roof, pinstripes along the wide stripes, and filled out the cowl. Might be some things to consider as you finish the paint.

Curious why you went with the Decepticon logo not the Autobot logo? Or am I the only one geeky enough to notice that.

Good job making it your own.
I think the decepticon logo fits with the car, its much more sinister looking. like bumblebee's evil twin or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
went to that site.if i get those then im sure ill end up ordering the wrong size or some other bs. do you have a diameter you could suggest to me.
Not sure on diameter, you may be able to eyeball it with a tape measure up to the headlight? Make sure n post pics once the paint job is done, and definitely some if you find the right size of green halos!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #76
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
It's Awesome.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #77
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hot SS View Post
My Opinion:

The green is sick. (as in really awesome)

The mustang-style stripes look terrible

The black bowtie is hot (I have one on mine)

The transformers emblem is utterly ridiculous.

Where did you get your black bowtie?

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #78
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
Where did you get your black bowtie?
i got that black bowtie trimmed in chrome from a black paint pen and my own filthy hands..LOL..just dont use sharpie..i learned along time ago that black sharpie=purple. but yeah i did them myself with a black paint pen. i hate the fact that they put gold bowties on them..grrr.its tacky as hell..
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #79
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
I think the decepticon logo fits with the car, its much more sinister looking. like bumblebee's evil twin or something

Not sure on diameter, you may be able to eyeball it with a tape measure up to the headlight? Make sure n post pics once the paint job is done, and definitely some if you find the right size of green halos!
youre right about the logo..alot of kids kept saying it was a "black bumble bee" so i went with it. making this car the evil decepticon bumble bee..that and the decepticon logo is cooler..and spikier i love spikey..you should see my guitar.it has 37 points on it..LOL
Old 07-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #80
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter82 View Post
Dude...i LOVE your car! i'm getting a 2LT with the GE but i'm doing red racing stripes!

but i DO agree you should have gone down the entire car, kinda looks likes "unfinished" to me, but YES do some green lettering on the back side.. THAT would look hot! OR get some carpet floors (not sure if you got those) and take them to a custom shop and they will put green stiching on them...i've been customizing cars for the last 7yrs import and domestic...and i DO agree thoes ARENT the 'stang stripes...let people believe what they want but its YOUR car and YOUR money do what you like. I tell people if you dont like it that much then give me the money to change or shut up!...they usually take the 2nd choice..lol
the stripes do wrap all the way around the car, only to the ground effects though..i thought long and hard about doing the ground effects too but i wanted them to stand out cause they make the car look soo different..we actually painted the gfx and it just took too much away from the curves that the ground effects gave the car so we went back to black..on the front and only the front the guy thought a small piece on the front was the gfx but it wasnt thats why the front looks like it dont wrap.but hes fixing it as we speak as well as applying a ton of clear coat to make it pop..but about the whole doing stang stripes in his sleep. i personally know the guy..he is 100% camaro. he has a fourth gen that i guarantee will destroy just about any car on the strip. he has invested over 10k or more in just suping the car up. the one and only reason i took my car to this guy despite a ton of other people who could have done it better, is that he is 100% camaro and would respect it more than any of car hes ever done..the reason my stripes are smaller is cause they arent stripes..you guys can have you "camaro" stripes and look exactly like every other new camaro out there with your 300 dollar racing stripes..those stripes werent picked out of a magazne or a dealers book. I MYSELF PERSONALLY gave the guy exact demensions on how i wanted the stripes to look..Now i did want the stripes to start small and grow with the hood scoop. BUt after he taped it off and showed me what they would look like the original way it just didnt look right with the stripes wraping the way they did.they would have been smaller on the front wrap and way larger on the back making the stripes look warped..and seeing it taped off it completely made the hood scoop invisible. Now with the cheap vinyl stripes that dont wrap the entire car they start on the hood and the scoop looks fine.but with a 2500 dollar paint job the scoop disappeared under the sparkling green. i didnt want my car to look, at a distance like it didnt have a hood scoop so i asked him to bring them in some..and by doing so it made the hood scoop stand out even more than it did without stripes..and its exactly how i wanted it..ive seen tons more camaro with these exact stripes than mustangs..ive seen more mustangs with the camaro "hockey" stripes and those block boxes on the hood and trunk..but every one of you guys that get a solid black racing hood will get a "ricer" and a "mustang hood" comment from me. cause almost every foreign car and new mustang i see has a black hood. so im waiting. but im not stupid enough to label two stripes on a car with a word???who has enough time to think of this stuff anyway???LOL..im too busy driving my car and talking to people about it than to sit around talking trash about someones lines on their car..LOL..i feel sorry for you guys.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #81
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
i got that black bowtie trimmed in chrome from a black paint pen and my own filthy hands..LOL..just dont use sharpie..i learned along time ago that black sharpie=purple. but yeah i did them myself with a black paint pen. i hate the fact that they put gold bowties on them..grrr.its tacky as hell..

Oh ok, I thought maybe you found one to replace it. I am having mine painted when my car is painted. Thanks!

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #82
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Nice color combo. That color green is nice. I'm not a fan of the roof stripes myself. And I, personally, absolutely hate when stripes extend all the way down the front and rear. Stripes should never go past the edge of the trunklid/spoiler in the rear. And in the front they should begin at the 'leading edge' of the top of the bumper on the Camaro.

Basically Bumblebee Style stripes are ideal.
3000 = Accepted By Production Control:03/31/2009 (or shortly before)
3100 = Sequenced: ????
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 04/18/2009
3400 = Broadcast: 04/28/2009
3800 = Produced: 05/05/09 VIN#7607
4150 = Invoiced: 05/15/09 (dealer received)
4200 = Shipped: 05/05/09 (according to the dealer)
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 05/26/09
6000 = Delivered To Customer: 05/26/09
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #83
Mark A Collier Sr
Retired Army, 101st ABN

Drives: 2 SS/RS w/sunroof
Very Nice! The full body stripes look AWESOME!
BORN ON 4 NOV 09 at 12:26pm VIN:63460~ HOME on 18 NOV 09!
"101BABY"
Mark A Collier Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #84
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

will be posting pics of the "finished" exterior tomorrow.for now anyway..got the 20s on and they are incredible.heres a pic of the 20s from the site.
Attached Images

Tags
2010 camaro, 2010 camaro lt, 2010 camaro west virginia