Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
Question 18:1 AFR??!!

This is the second time I have my car out tuning on nitrous. I'm running C16 in a stand alone. Last time I sprayed, my AFR sat at around 10.8:1. I'm usually constantly 11.8:1 WOT on the motor and 10.8:1 on nitrous. Now I'm 12.5-13.2:1 on the motor and 18:1 and up on nitrous! My idle and normal driving is still the same around 14.7:1 stoich. The only thing I've changed was the plugs. I've went from b8efs to b9efs. The car doesn't seem to feel any different than normal under normal conditions and wot.

Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe I leas fouled the O2 sensor but if that's the case why does it seem to function normally under normal driving and idle?

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
gsxrturbo

Drives: 2010 ss
my guess is your spaying nitrous without fuel.turn off the nitrous bottle and run the nitrous system then check yr air fuel
gsxrturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #3
UNRIVALED SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
Check each component

Fuel solenoid , clogged nozzle or jet, stand alone pump, it's a fuel supply issue. Since it's happening on motor and on nitrous it could even be an injector that is a little off.

The previous post is a real good way to start troubleshooting.
UNRIVALED SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrturbo View Post
my guess is your spaying nitrous without fuel.turn off the nitrous bottle and run the nitrous system then check yr air fuel
That's great idea! I'm going to try that tonight and report back what I get

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #5
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNRIVALED SS View Post
Fuel solenoid , clogged nozzle or jet, stand alone pump, it's a fuel supply issue. Since it's happening on motor and on nitrous it could even be an injector that is a little off.

The previous post is a real good way to start troubleshooting.
What would cause an Injector to be off? How would i narrow down to which injector it is? I'm going to try the above step as well

Old 05-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #6
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
What would cause an Injector to be off? How would i narrow down to which injector it is? I'm going to try the above step as well

Pull all the plugs, one will be different than all the others
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:33 PM   #7
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fif_gen_powa View Post
Pull all the plugs, one will be different than all the others
I'll do that tonight as well. Thanks

Old 05-27-2017, 07:36 PM   #8
booneSS13

Also if my a/f was that far lean, wouldn't it make the car shudder or backfire? This is on a pretty big shot.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:15 PM   #9
UNRIVALED SS

Injector

I doubt it is an injector.

I don't get to drive mine at time. Fuel can cause corrosion/rust on injectors and anything with moisture in it. Just an idea to feed thought.

I think you will find it's a fairly minor issue but I have seen some crazy things. I wouldn't rule anything out. Good news is you caught it before you broke a piston or bent a rod.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #10
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNRIVALED SS View Post
I doubt it is an injector.

I don't get to drive mine at time. Fuel can cause corrosion/rust on injectors and anything with moisture in it. Just an idea to feed thought.

I think you will find it's a fairly minor issue but I have seen some crazy things. I wouldn't rule anything out. Good news is you caught it before you broke a piston or bent a rod.
Yeah that's for sure! That's why it's always a good idea to have a wideband gauge when you're FI

Old 05-28-2017, 12:02 AM   #11
booneSS13

I found out after troubleshooting with the methods you guys suggested that I had my fuel solenoids channel on my NOS mini set to a 1 sec. Delay! Ouch! I fuel and nitrous on separate channels due to the amp drain of 4 solenoids since I'm running a direct port system.

I'm still trying to figure out why while n/a I'm 13:1 when before yesterday I was always 11.8:1. I don't want to spray again with new plugs until I sort that out. Any ideas?

Old 05-28-2017, 05:37 AM   #12
UNRIVALED SS

Fuel ?

Again there are so many variables.

Is it possible you got into some fuel that isn't consistent? Anything can throw off a wide ban. Exhaust leak maybe ? I'm guess the engine seems to be running fine, you just have a change in AFR.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:30 PM   #13
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
I found out after troubleshooting with the methods you guys suggested that I had my fuel solenoids channel on my NOS mini set to a 1 sec. Delay! Ouch! I fuel and nitrous on separate channels due to the amp drain of 4 solenoids since I'm running a direct port system.

I'm still trying to figure out why while n/a I'm 13:1 when before yesterday I was always 11.8:1. I don't want to spray again with new plugs until I sort that out. Any ideas?

what wideband do you have? id you try to calibrate it?
what data logger are you using?
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:37 PM   #14
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
I'm surprised you needed to go to a 9 heat range.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosch, nitrous, nos, ratio