Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #15
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
[Tin foil hat]

GM is leaking dis-information to drive up Camaro sales...

[/Tin foil hat]

;o)

-Don

Ask all those people moved out of the Camaro Teams how their Tin Foil Hats fit.. This has nothing to do with looks, performance, etc. The Next Gen buyer doesnt want to own a car, they are hubing in larger Cities, and Lift, Uber, soon Waymo are the way they see the future, and Mary sees it the same way..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:59 PM   #16
Coop[580

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Ashen Grey
Lethal garage has a new YouTube video on this. Gm is just putting the 7th gen on hold as of now. The 6th gen is schedule thru 2023 model year. So they have plenty of time to get the 7th gen going.
635/632-93 octane
725/738-E85
Coop[580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:54 AM   #17
AJensen383

Drives: 2014-ZL1-M6-CRT, 68 camaro SS 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspddmn View Post
I think the refresh has a lot to do with it. The performance is there and though the price point could be questionable, people will pay for the complete package. Meaning if the car looks bad ass then people will more likely buy it. If the cars looks and design is questionable like the current refresh then people may not be taken by the car. Not to mention the huge negative response that the 19's got on the refresh. People won't buy a car if its ugly is basically what I'm saying. And I dont mean to offend anyone who owns a 19' refresh but the majority consensus is that the refresh isn't well liked.

A good example would be the Dodge Challenger. Dodge is still using the same design and platform since they brought back the Challengers and yet they are currently outselling the Camaros. I think that Chevy should have kept the overall design of the 5th gen going but on the current lighter platform. Maybe do some slight changes like different hoods, diffusers, and splitters (like the Challengers) because apparently its still working out for Dodge. Not to mention marketing. Look at all the commercials Dodge has for their Chargers and Challengers.

The Camaro team should ask themselves where'd they go wrong and listen to the die hard fans and Camaro lovers. Just my 2 cents.
100% agree as well.... Plus the fact that the Challenger has way more room inside, and a huge trunk, so it can be more of a daily driver. GM making the 6th gen so much smaller inside than the 5th gen no doubt drove some sales away, as well as the non retro look that the 5th gen had. Not everyone cares about how fast you can go on a road course or run the ring... A good portion of people buying these cars are using them for cruisers and drivers, not racing them, so interior comfort and drivability plays an important role..

Im a chevy guy my whole life, but right now if I had to buy a 2019 Camaro or challenger, it would be a Challenger no question....
2014- Crystal Red-ZL1 #1601, M6, Recaro, sunroof, Nav-stock-SOLD
1968 Camaro SS Clone- 496 BBC, Legend 5speed, 12 bolt
1970 Nova SS- 383 SBC 588hp, 200-4r, 12 bolt

AJensen383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 12:23 PM   #18
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop[580 View Post
Lethal garage has a new YouTube video on this. Gm is just putting the 7th gen on hold as of now. The 6th gen is schedule thru 2023 model year. So they have plenty of time to get the 7th gen going.
That's tanamount to killing it,they are just putting it to sleep softly. GM is going electric in a big way, lot's of pressure from the gub mint and clearly the interest is not there sales wise( and of that 51k units how many were rental fleet orders?) It's over, enjoy the amazing one's that are currently being built. JMO
LateBrakeU2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:24 PM   #19
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJensen383 View Post
100% agree as well.... Plus the fact that the Challenger has way more room inside, and a huge trunk, so it can be more of a daily driver. GM making the 6th gen so much smaller inside than the 5th gen no doubt drove some sales away, as well as the non retro look that the 5th gen had. Not everyone cares about how fast you can go on a road course or run the ring... A good portion of people buying these cars are using them for cruisers and drivers, not racing them, so interior comfort and drivability plays an important role..

Im a chevy guy my whole life, but right now if I had to buy a 2019 Camaro or challenger, it would be a Challenger no question....
I know after (an attempt at) sitting in the back seat of a 6th gen zl1 when looking to buy, it was a huge factor for me. My head hit the roof, and I didn't even have enough room for my legs to fit behind the front seat unless it was pushed forward 8" or more from my comfortable driving position (and I'm not quite 5'10"!) Not being able to fit my kids back there was a deal breaker.

That, combined with liking the looks of the 5th gen zl1 better, plus a 20k cost difference- it was a no brainer to get a 5th gen. I do like the dash and general interior look better in the 6th gen, but the 5th gen is still cool, too.

If I wasn't a Chevy guy, that hellcat would have gotten my money.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:01 PM   #20
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
gotta give them credit.dodge has kept the challenger going with NO next gen.10 years with only a interior and grill/tail light change and dodge keeps selling the charger's.i'm not a dodge gut but they seem to be on to something.
i actually don't think of a back seat if you are looking for cars with a comfortable back seat and no blind spot then you don't need to be looking at a camaro or any modern muscle car...gm had a bad ass 4 door THE SS but sales were so bad they discontinued it???
the 7th gen camaro is not dead.....as a matter of fact with the mid engine vette coming out i say camaro sales will go up as the vette is priced out of reach.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:50 PM   #21
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
i actually don't think of a back seat if you are looking for cars with a comfortable back seat and no blind spot then you don't need to be looking at a camaro or any modern muscle car.
I didn't say I needed a comfortable back seat, just a back seat that actually functions as a back seat. 1) take my kids to car shows, etc. 2) take an extra person or two to lunch at work. I don't think it's too much to ask to actually be able to fit a person in the backseat without compromising the average-sized driver's seating position.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:03 PM   #22
AJensen383

Drives: 2014-ZL1-M6-CRT, 68 camaro SS 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
I know after (an attempt at) sitting in the back seat of a 6th gen zl1 when looking to buy, it was a huge factor for me. My head hit the roof, and I didn't even have enough room for my legs to fit behind the front seat unless it was pushed forward 8" or more from my comfortable driving position (and I'm not quite 5'10"!) Not being able to fit my kids back there was a deal breaker.

That, combined with liking the looks of the 5th gen zl1 better, plus a 20k cost difference- it was a no brainer to get a 5th gen. I do like the dash and general interior look better in the 6th gen, but the 5th gen is still cool, too.

If I wasn't a Chevy guy, that hellcat would have gotten my money.
10000% agree with everything you just said... You went through the exact same thing I did... I had my heart set on a 17 50th anniversary until I actually checked one out in person and sat in it...Im 6'3" and theres NO way i was getting in the back seat, I can fit in my 5th gen but its quite uncomfortable and wouldnt recommend it ...lol... My wife whos 5'-6" wasnt even comfortable in the back of a 6th gen either, but can fit easily in the 5th gen.

I routinely take my kids to car shows and the back seat is enough room, there would be no way they would like the rear of the 6th
2014- Crystal Red-ZL1 #1601, M6, Recaro, sunroof, Nav-stock-SOLD
1968 Camaro SS Clone- 496 BBC, Legend 5speed, 12 bolt
1970 Nova SS- 383 SBC 588hp, 200-4r, 12 bolt

AJensen383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:10 PM   #23
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
I didn't say I needed a comfortable back seat, just a back seat that actually functions as a back seat. 1) take my kids to car shows, etc. 2) take an extra person or two to lunch at work. I don't think it's too much to ask to actually be able to fit a person in the backseat without compromising the average-sized driver's seating position.
i her ya i'm only 5'6" and the 5th gen back seat behind me is useless.
i never liked 4 doors but coupe's are few and far between nowadays. i'm 50 and my friends had coupes from the 60's and 70's g-body's from the 80's all had good rear seating. no camaro i can think of ever had a good back seat.the second gen was the worst. i always thought they just threw them in for cheaper insurance and gm already had the vette so no more room for a 2 seater.
nice ZL-1 i'm totally jealous!
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:29 AM   #24
d kings z28

Drives: 2014 white z28
Has anyone ever Read on a clear day you can see General Motors by John DeLorean
d kings z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 02:34 AM   #25
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Stopped long enough to take this pic yesterday. I don't understand the sales numbers, the choice is obvious.

Hellcat must be a dd, it was filthy inside and out.
Attached Images

Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #26
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
Chevy had it going with the 5th Gen a true retro to the 69 Camaro.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:29 AM   #27
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutale arancia View Post
Stopped long enough to take this pic yesterday. I don't understand the sales numbers, the choice is obvious.

Hellcat must be a dd, it was filthy inside and out.
I'm sure the HC goes really good in the winter.

A. Either the guy only has enough money for one vehicle; therefore, he made an imbecilic decision to buy a HC for traveling during those treacherous Michigan winters.
B. Or he simply looks at vehicles as a form of transportation and doesn't care about keeping them clean or performing basic maintenance. If the car was filthy (inside and out), I'd hate to see the guy's house.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:47 AM   #28
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I've seen filthy good cars before. Not long ago, I saw (get this) a BRM ZL1 convertible not far from where I worked. I was excited until I got closer to the car: Dings everywhere, dirt on the wheels so thick that it looked like paint, curb rash on every wheel, a really poor grille and lower rocker aftermarket package, filthy paint with dirt that was covering multitudes of scratches on the paint. I thought to myself that even my worst car never sank to that level of neglect. Why have such a good car if you are going to treat it poorly?

Then it dawned on me that people think and act differently. While one (including myself) would never expose their car to the chance of neglect, others will drive their car no matter what happens to it.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote