Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-23-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
trans665

Drives: 2013 2ss
New ECU question on 6 speed swap

Okay guys I'm kind of confused here. My car was automatic with fic 850 injectors and I have a BTR stage 3 Cam and so forth so far. Anyway make a long story short I converted from a automatic to a 6-speed tr6060... I already did the wiring inside and in the engine bay and already did the plate everything but I need to know. I know I need to tune the new ECU. My question is can I still drive the car with it 850 fic injectors with the stock ECU with no tune... not forever just for a couple days until my tune session comes available next Monday. And no I'm not going to Hot Rod it. Any feedback is wanted thank you
Old 04-24-2019, 01:39 PM   #2
granatl

Drives: 2SS RS ABM A6
No. The LTFT's couldn't pull enough fuel for it to run. And there's a chance of hydrolock.
Let's say stock is 500 cc (IDK exactly) and you're running 850 cc. You have the ability to flow like 1.8x the amount of fuel over stock. So, the ECU "thinks" you have stock injectors, but you're really flowing 1.8x that. Bad situation.