Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 06-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #15
SeanPlunk

Drives: 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
Two Week Bump!

Everything is open again so we're going ALL the way though now

When we get to the Crest we may break into 2 groups because we have so many cars. The first group would be for those that want to be at the speed limit the entire time. The second group would be for those of us that just want to cruise through at a leisurely pace. I'm planning to lead the 2nd group.

Here is the new complete route!
SeanPlunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #16
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Two Week Bump!

Everything is open again so we're going ALL the way though now

When we get to the Crest we may break into 2 groups because we have so many cars. The first group would be for those that want to be at the speed limit the entire time. The second group would be for those of us that just want to cruise through at a leisurely pace. I'm planning to lead the 2nd group.

Here is the new complete route!
Holy crap! That is a HUGE route! You guys will pass right by my place!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #17
SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight_23 View Post
Holy crap! That is a HUGE route! You guys will pass right by my place!!!!!!
You're welcome to join us if you life. I can even call you as we approach your house if you like.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #18
SeanPlunk

I know only a few of you guys have taken delivery of your cars, but if you want to come break it in this weekend you're welcome to come

This meet and cruise is THIS SATURDAY!

One of the guys from the Mazdaspeed3 forums (thanks Design!!) ran it yesterday and this is what he had to say:

"Just ran Angeles Crest today from Pasadena to Wrightwood. Majority of the road has been repaved and almost no debris. Should be a great trip for those considering it."

I also just checked the weather and it's supposed to be 76 degrees and sunny

If anyone has any questions shoot me a PM, email me (SeanPlunk@gmail.com), or give me a call at 714-322-2324. Also, the information thread is here. I'll see you all there!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #19
SeanPlunk

Bump - it's coming up quick.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #20
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
I'll be at the meet-up point before Angeles Crest - lookin' forward to a great cruise!

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #21
SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleykt123 View Post
I'll be at the meet-up point before Angeles Crest - lookin' forward to a great cruise!
I look forward to meeting you. We have some other Goats coming so you won't be alone
Old 06-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #22
SeanPlunk

Alright everyone, this is my last bump for this.

I will be at the meet spot at noon. For anyone that needs gas there is a station directly across the street.

We are planning to leave around 12:30 give or take a few minutes. We need to stay on time as much as possible because we're going to be meeting up with some cars at the base of the Crest at around 1:15.

The cruise should take about 4 hours total. We are planning to be back by 6. We will stop a couple times along the way to get everyone together and to let people use the restroom. At the meetup point I will be handing out maps that will have details of everything. The maps will also have the phone numbers of a few of us on them in case anybody gets lost.

As I mentioned we are planning to be back by 6. For anyone that just wants to come hang at the meet it will start by 6:30 for sure. Here is the address for the meet:

Nick's Burger
1712 W. Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92833

We'll be videotaping along the way and will splice together a cruise video after we're done. If anyone has any questions you all know how to get a hold of me. Thanks and see you there!!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #23
SeanPlunk

This was a great meet - thanks to everyone that came! I think we had 37 + cars on the cruise! We had Vette's, IS's, Mustangs, 350z, Evo's, an S2000, Camaro's, a couple Subie's, SRT4's, a Charger, a DSM, a CTS-V, a BMW 335, 2 AMG Mercedes, GTO's etc.

The first section of the crest the weather was bad unfortunately. At one point visibility was probably about 15ft. It was a good group though and everyone actually slowed way down so that nobody would get hurt. The weather let up after we got a little higher elevation wise and then it was a great run. The part of Angeles Crest they just reopened was freshly paved and really fun to drive.

When we started last year we only had 12 cars on the run and it was all domestics. It was exciting to see how many new people we met this year. It was also nice because our cruises have become a 50/50 mix of domestic and import/euro. Our next meet is July 11th, keep your eyes open here for details. We're doing another cruise and will decide on a route shortly. I hope to see you all there!!

Here are some photos courtesy of Martin @ motoiq.com

Here is the link to the album @ motoiq, and here is a link to our original thread (main pictures on page 19). Videos can be found on the OP in the original thread as well as in our video section here.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #24
SeanPlunk

-

-
Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #25
SeanPlunk

-

Old 06-17-2009, 09:19 PM   #26
SeanPlunk

Excellent article on the cruise again courtesy of Martin!

So, does anybody have any great ideas for a cruise next month? We're going to be meeting on July 11th and would like something in the 2 hour range. Also, what does everyone think of maybe ending up at a park for a BBQ or at the beach for a bonfire instead of Nick's?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #27
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
sorry that i couldnt make it. Dont have my car, its at techco getting screwed. First thing when its done, i will go on the next cruise.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #28
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Excellent article on the cruise again courtesy of Martin!

So, does anybody have any great ideas for a cruise next month? We're going to be meeting on July 11th and would like something in the 2 hour range. Also, what does everyone think of maybe ending up at a park for a BBQ or at the beach for a bonfire instead of Nick's?

BON fire at Sunset Beach sounds great....
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote