Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #127
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
fraud is usually more about misrepresenting something and selling it. I know he's gaining something... but let's look at it the other way.

you have a legit claim and dealer denies it and won't repair. you can't file criminal charges. you file a civil suit. it's sort of the same reason they don't have debters prison anymore. you don't go to jail for filing bankruptcy even if you agreed to pay money and whatnot. filing for bankruptcy isn't a crime.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #128
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
fraud is usually more about misrepresenting something and selling it. I know he's gaining something... but let's look at it the other way.

you have a legit claim and dealer denies it and won't repair. you can't file criminal charges. you file a civil suit. it's sort of the same reason they don't have debters prison anymore. you don't go to jail for filing bankruptcy even if you agreed to pay money and whatnot. filing for bankruptcy isn't a crime.
You are comparing apples and oranges here.

Fraud is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain (adjectival form fraudulent; to defraud is the verb).[1] As a legal construct, fraud is both a civil wrong (i.e., a fraud victim may sue the fraud perpetrator to avoid the fraud and/or recover monetary compensation) and a criminal wrong (i.e., a fraud perpetrator may be prosecuted and imprisoned by governmental authorities). Defrauding people or organizations of money or valuables is the usual purpose of fraud, but it sometimes instead involves obtaining benefits without actually depriving anyone of money or valuables, such as obtaining a drivers license by way of false statements made in an application for the same.[2]

By lying you are trying to secure and unlawful gain, a warranty repair. Thus IMO fraud.

Also is you chose to lie during a bankruptcy you can be criminally charged and go to jail:

You could face criminal charges. Even worse, you could be charged criminally. You sign your bankruptcy schedules listing your assets under penalty of perjury, representing that they are true and accurate. The penalty for making a false statement or concealing property is a fine of up to $500,000 or imprisonment for up to five years, or both.

Last edited by nyrfan; 04-04-2014 at 01:19 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #129
1LE Captain

Drives: 2014 Red Rock 2SS 1LE RS NPP
It's fraud.
1LE Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #130
maddoggyusa

so if you lie to a chick at the bar about your job in order to score... it's fraud. and you can be arrested???
Old 04-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #131
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
so if you lie to a chick at the bar about your job in order to score... it's fraud. and you can be arrested???
No but you can wind up a sausage short

Old 04-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #132
maddoggyusa

didn't John Bobbitt go on to make some "adult films"? lol
Old 04-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #133
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
it's funny watching someone trying to back pedal and to justify their lieing with denial lol.
I'm glad they blocked the warranty. Running nitrous voids warranty... lol
Old 04-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #134
Mick

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 VR Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post

Finally, this forum is mostly about modding and racing your Camaro..and GM uses it as surveillance tool. I am totally against this. Im pretty sure we could spy on all members and find something to void a warranty.
What do you base this on? I have no intention of ever racing my Camaro and don't get the impression that MOST are racing theirs either. Its a place for people who share an interest in Camaros in general.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #135
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Wow. I wonder what all posts have been deleted that weren't quoted....
Attached Images

2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #136
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:

I'd say its more along the lines of insurance fraud, say claiming your car was involved in a hit and run rather than you wrecked it on the drag track. It's very much a crime and people do time for it.

More importantly, it costs all of us (the customers) money when fraud is committed against companies we purchase from, just like shoplifting or any other type of theft.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #137
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Anyone who doesn't believe things like warranty fraud (which is clearly being attempted here) and insurance fraud don't end up costing ALL OF US money in the end is fooling themselves.

And to see this guy come on here and try to claim otherwise, when he's already put the noose around his neck with his own incredibly-painful-to-read posts, is both sad and comical at the same time.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #138
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5genJordan
When ever I know I'm going to run nitrous I make sure the car is empty and throw about 10 gallons of 100 octane before I even use the nitrous. I've been running tr6's for about 3 months. Before I installed the headers I removed the plugs. I've been thru 2 sets of Tr6's and yes I check them every 2 days. They look fine. I'll pull the valve covers off tomorow and inspect the pushrods. Someone else told that could be it

Thank you camaro-dreamer for you contribution. Some day you'll tell us your secret how you got that.

So what we now have is the truth of doing it and the way this post should have been done in the first place as follows:

"Hi I am NOMURCY and I ran N2O. I don't think the dealer can prove it. I'll let you all know how I do getting my beat-up engine worked by the dumbass dealer. Wish me luck. Oh and did I mention I work at a law office? Yeah I'm "impotent".

Must be a youngster. Only explanation for our list:
Poor grammar. "tooken" really?
Poor sentence structure. How about a fricken page of one sentence.
Boasts of racing, then deletes what he thinks is all evidence then denies it happened.
Can't explain why he deleted his posts
Won't confess to being NOMURCY.

Just have to laugh and shake your head.

This post is done needs to be locked so numbnuts can't come in a try to explain something else.
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:06 AM   #139
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Hahaha....this thread delivers!

I'm just not sure what's worse, the grammar or the attempted cover up.....both shockingly inept!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #140
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM/PEARL STRIPES-6M
We were all young and dumb at one time........ oh wait, this guy is just plain stupid, never mind.
Whipple S/C, 3.750 pulley, JRE rough idle blower cam kit, Trunion upgrade, C5R timing chain, LS2 chain dampner, Melling 10296, Dynatech 1 7/8 LT headers, OR pipes, Dual valve RX catch can, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Dual fuel pump, CAI with Apex scoop, VMax ported T/B, ADM Tune 675 RWHP 560 TQ
Chevy Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote