Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
fjork_duf

Drives: M3 Mini Cooper S
Finally saw and sat in a new camaro some questions about sunroof..

I saw the new camaro at the 2005 detroit auto show when it was revealed and since then I've wanted to see one. Well now I have and it's awesome! I was also really impressed by the interior and the overall presence of the car in real life production guise.

Anyway I had a question... I noticed when I got the seat adjusted properly my head was rubbing the ceiling (I'm only 6'0). This particular car had the sunroof option.

Does the sunroof automatically come with the RS package on the 2SS? At edmunds it says it does, but I dont see any mention of that on the official Chevy site.

Can one of the camaro experts clear that up?

Also without the sunroof is there an inch or two more headroom?
fjork_duf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
Sunroof is its own option. There's been talk about guys who are 6'8" fitting comfortably. So, I think you'll be just fine.
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
The sunroof is a seperate option. You can get the RS without the sunroof. I have my car and I am 6'4. Did you drop the seat all the way down and back ? I fit fine, no one can sit behind me. But I fit fine.

P.S. Welcome !!
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm 6', no sunroof, and can basically crank the seat all the way up without hitting my head on the roof.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
fjork_duf

Drives: M3 Mini Cooper S
Yeah I did. I had to tilt the seat back more than I'd like. I usually prefer a more upright position. Especially in this car since the dash is pretty high. I also had the seat slammed to the floor.

I think it may be that I"m used to the more upright positions from my other cars.

The camaro is f'ing awesome though. I can't wait until I get a chance to drive a V8.

GM really came through with this one. I honestly don't know what the bitching was about with the interior. It's one of the best chevy interiors I've seen.
fjork_duf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
Yeah I did. I had to tilt the seat back more than I'd like. I usually prefer a more upright position. Especially in this car since the dash is pretty high. I also had the seat slammed to the floor.

I think it may be that I"m used to the more upright positions from my other cars.

The camaro is f'ing awesome though. I can't wait until I get a chance to drive a V8.

GM really came through with this one. I honestly don't know what the bitching was about with the interior. It's one of the best chevy interiors I've seen.
I agree with you !! Just an awesome Car , Period !
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I'm 6 ft and have sat in Camaros both with and without the sunroof. I couldn't tell the diifference in headroom. I had the seat back and down as far as it could go. I sat in two lt/rs coupes- I wonder if the SS has a larger/thicker seat which might make for less headroom. Just a thought.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
91RS

Drives: 1991 RS
I had the same problem with my head hitting the ceiling. I dont understand how different people who are the SAME hieght have the problem and some dont. Isnt it the same car we're all sitting in????
91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #9
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
It should not be a problem for someone 6'0 it starts being an issue with someone 6'5.
I don't think you had the seat all the way down. Even is you had the back rest in the complete upright position there should not be any problem. My head touches but I'm 6'7 , you need to double check.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91RS View Post
I had the same problem with my head hitting the ceiling. I dont understand how different people who are the SAME hieght have the problem and some dont. Isnt it the same car we're all sitting in????
People have different proportions some longer legs some longer torso.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
People are built different ways.

He may be 6'-0" and all torso while someone else may be 6'-0" and all legs.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #12
theshadow1234

Drives: Shelby GT500
Can anyone take pictures with the sunroof closed and opened from inside the car? Im curious to see what it looks like since I've never owned a car with a sunroof.

Thanks

09 Shelby GT500
(Stock)
theshadow1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91RS View Post
Do you sit in a perfectly upright position or do you like to lean back a bit?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote