Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
0-60n4.6

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
L99 vs my 06 GT

alright guys i got a race with a new SS about an hour ago and it was pretty good.....we went from a 50 roll to 120 the first race and i got him by a couple of cars...the 2nd race was from a 45 roll to 130ish and i got him by a car...the 2nd run was much better his car ran alot stronger the 2nd time around...i say that cuz the first run i was in 3rd and the 2nd was in 2nd gear so he ran a good car length faster the 2nd run....why is that?
Old 01-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
0-60n4.6

he was stock with muffler delete and i am CAI, tune, o/r x and 390's he may join and comment on this i told him about the site cuz he had alot of questions and there is no better place to have them answered than here so i invited him to join
Old 01-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
review the rules and look at the capitalized title, "NO STREET RACING STORIES"...
Old 01-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I don't see where he says he raced on the street. Maybe he went to an old air strip.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
I don't see where he says he raced on the street. Maybe he went to an old air strip.
Yeah, yeah, that's what happened. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur

You could die. You could kill someone else. You don't have proof that you won or lost or of what you raced. You posted a story that you can't prove at the potential expense of your life and others. Don't do this again.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 01-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
Why have this section then with that rule? 95% of "play" racing takes place on the street. I am NOT a street racer, but we ALL play around.....which is when you usually get hurt, but still....it happens. I'd allow any posts as long as they don't include set up, full on street, drag racing.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary B View Post
Why have this section then with that rule? 95% of "play" racing takes place on the street. I am NOT a street racer, but we ALL play around.....which is when you usually get hurt, but still....it happens. I'd allow any posts as long as they don't include set up, full on street, drag racing.
We have this section to discuss legal racing done at tracks. As a performance vehicle, the Camaro is meant to be raced. It should be raced in a place designed for such racing. If you race it in an area where people could get hurt, you aren't racing safely. Even if you are the best driver in the world, the lady trying to get home from the grocery store might not be, and she might swerve into you or another car because you thought it would be a great idea to street race. If anyone could even possibly get hurt in an accident because of the race that is not in the race, the race is not safe enough.

As for your allowing this material, that's your perspective. You're welcome to disagree with the site administrators. That's your right. They also have the right to close threads that discuss street races and ban the people who post those threads. That's their right.

Besides, if you're going to race, race somewhere that you have witnesses to prove you won. I'm so sick of reading stories where someone claims they won against long odds by some miraculous driving. If you drive that amazingly, you should go autocrossing or circuit racing and post some videos for us.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 01-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary B View Post
Encouragement of street racing just can't be done. By allowing any discussion of it in a sense is condoning it.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #10
0-60n4.6

relax guys it was on a closed farm road...a buddy of mine works for the city and he told us that there is plenty of room so he took us out there we drove the road a few times to make sure that is was smooth enough and nothing on the road that we could hit..it all checked out so we had a go at it....i agree with everything you guys have said
Old 01-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #11
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60n4.6 View Post
relax guys it was on a closed farm road...a buddy of mine works for the city and he told us that there is plenty of room so he took us out there we drove the road a few times to make sure that is was smooth enough and nothing on the road that we could hit..it all checked out so we had a go at it....i agree with everything you guys have said
Old 01-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
So why r u here again? R u interested n a camaro or are you just here to talk trash. Stock noway mods vs a muffler delete I guess what mods u got. Welcome if ur interested in the camaro get out if your another stang junkie trying to win a pissing contest
Old 01-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #13
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

You could die. You could kill someone else. You don't have proof that you won or lost or of what you raced. You posted a story that you can't prove at the potential expense of your life and others. Don't do this again.
Everything you just stated could happen at a track also.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:06 PM   #14
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
So why r u here again? R u interested n a camaro or are you just here to talk trash. Stock noway mods vs a muffler delete I guess what mods u got. Welcome if ur interested in the camaro get out if your another stang junkie trying to win a pissing contest
Geez it seems like your little feelings got hurt! The guy was not talking trash! Believe it or not 2010 Camaros can be beat, even by cars that you think are inferior and make less power. Its not always about who has the most power in racing ya know. I have a Charger that would smack around 75% of the Camaros on this site, but that doesnt mean I cant go out tomorrow and get my a$$ handed to me by some Civic. Your cars are very beautiful and fast but just because someone posts on here that he beat a 2010 Camaro dont think that hes talking trash and trying to start a pissing contest. The guy was very respecful in his post IMO.

Closed Thread