Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-14-2019, 09:12 AM   #1
greyscale

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Coilovers

So I'm looking to buy some coilovers. I have 1.25in bmr lowering spring + orange street koni shocks. The ride is pretty stiff but honestly it doesnt bother me. I would prefer to get something more for performance over price. Looking to improve from the setup I currently have.

Any suggestions or personal experiences with coilovers would be helpful.

Last edited by greyscale; 07-14-2019 at 09:34 AM.
greyscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I just installed some RideTech adjustables in April this year. Before I had some lowering springs. Definitely a huge improvement, and I also have my ride sitting were I like it. Also did great at the NCM Road course at Camarofest last week.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:47 AM   #3
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Ridetechs are great. I run the HQ’s that are rebound adjustable. Keep them soft for good ride, middle for autocross or stiff for road courses. And the good ride also comes with all the stiffer parts and tires I have for autocross. You can also go with their double adjustable TQ’s to really get precise, but at a cost of $4500. Up from there is dse/jri at around $6000, but are the best. There are others as well on the cheaper side from China. Many to look at
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:13 PM   #4
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Take a look at the Viking Crusaders. Double adjustable and less than $2500 for the set. Have them on our 1LE and love them. We have the "pro touring" valving and they work perfect for everything. Street ride is very comfortable with the settings just right. 0 rebound and 4 compression rear, 8 front.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing

Last edited by jksynergy; 07-31-2019 at 08:24 AM.
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #5
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I just installed some RideTech adjustables in April this year. Before I had some lowering springs. Definitely a huge improvement, and I also have my ride sitting were I like it. Also did great at the NCM Road course at Camarofest last week.
I’ve just installed a full set on my 2011SS. I’m having issues with the rear spring rate, I think. Do you have any pictures of your setup without tires (I’d like to see where you have your height adjusting nut at) on it and the ride height measured at the fenders? I’ve got the rears cranked way down and it’s still too low.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
I’ve just installed a full set on my 2011SS. I’m having issues with the rear spring rate, I think. Do you have any pictures of your setup without tires (I’d like to see where you have your height adjusting nut at) on it and the ride height measured at the fenders? I’ve got the rears cranked way down and it’s still too low.
I do not have any pictures without the tire on it. I'll try and remember to take a look at it tonight and see if I can tell by looking/feeling my hand around it.

Or if you want me to take a pic of the stance I can. I'm running 305's on the rear and 295's up front.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #7
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
I replied to your other thread with two pics
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:34 PM   #8
1fast
8.60 @ 157 @ 4200lbs

Drives: 2010 Gen 5
Suspension

What are other mods you have engine wise type trans . I've done many different setup on my car few setup very little money and ran deep into 9 second .

I think a lot of over looked coilovers are lake wood by Holley I ran great times with a 70/30 front with 50/50 rear street manners were awesome. Alignment specs play huge rule in things to .