Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 06-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #43
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
With the Lingenfelter LNC and the CTAP you do not have to go wide open throttle when launching. You activate it with the clutch pedal and set where in the travel of the clutch pedal you want it to turn on/off. If you set the RPM at 4000, you can push the gas pedal down to just beyond 4000 instead of WOT and control the launch better by not reving up way too high.
When I first hooked it all up I was having an issue where the car launched great, then died on me then took off again. It was all because of the CTAP being set at the wrong percentage of travel on the clutch pedal. An adjustment of 6% upward in the travel solved all issues, and it works awesome now!
Had a 1.473 60 ft last time out.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #44
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
With the Lingenfelter LNC and the CTAP you do not have to go wide open throttle when launching. You activate it with the clutch pedal and set where in the travel of the clutch pedal you want it to turn on/off. If you set the RPM at 4000, you can push the gas pedal down to just beyond 4000 instead of WOT and control the launch better by not reving up way too high.
When I first hooked it all up I was having an issue where the car launched great, then died on me then took off again. It was all because of the CTAP being set at the wrong percentage of travel on the clutch pedal. An adjustment of 6% upward in the travel solved all issues, and it works awesome now!
That makes sense. Thanks for explaining the system to me.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:09 AM   #45
stratman2SSRS

No problem
Old 07-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #46
abshire1006

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
I got a text from a hot rod buddy of mine telling me one of his friends is selling his rear welds and going with a 15” conversion, I go pick them up tmw, 17x12, planning on running a 315/35/17 nitto nt05r that should help a lot with getting my 60ft out of the 2.0 range
2012 SS, Magnuson supercharger, leathel racing night fury cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers,ACT twin disk clutch, BMR suspension, 620 RWHP 580 ftp 11.8 @121 1/4 mile time on 295/35/20 nitto nt555g2 tires

Last edited by abshire1006; 07-01-2019 at 01:14 PM.
abshire1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #47
stratman2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by abshire1006 View Post
I got a text from a hot rod buddy of mine telling me one of his friends is selling his rear welds and going with a 15” conversion, I go pick them up tmw, 17x12, planning on running a 315/35/17 nitto nt05r that should help a lot with getting my 60ft out of the 2.0 range
If I can give you a piece of advice, I would say wait, and save up enough to do the 15" conversion. There is a reason he's switching. You can't beat them and they are easier on the drivetrain with a manual transmission.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:26 PM   #48
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
What settings do you have your CTAP set at on the 3 dial adjustments? I am just about complete on my CTAP and MSD 2step install. Was hoping to get some info from someone that has one and used it so I can set mine for a starting baseline.

Appreciate the reply.

Jay
Old 07-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #49
IWANTA(ss)

Drives: 13 1LE 1SS/05 ZX10/02 Silverado/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
What settings do you have your CTAP set at on the 3 dial adjustments? I am just about complete on my CTAP and MSD 2step install. Was hoping to get some info from someone that has one and used it so I can set mine for a starting baseline.

Appreciate the reply.

Jay
what he said
14 Nightrod Special
IWANTA(ss) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #50
Jayjellyfish212

I found this picture from Merc’s build on his car upon searching. I posted in his build but I don’t think he gets on here as often anymore so may be some time till he gets my question answered to confirm if he kept these settings or made changes later on his CTAP settings. Hopefully someone can confirm these settings or share their settings on their CTAP. I get so little time with my car so some good baseline settings should help speed up the fine tuning of the device.
I still don’t understand what the heck the hysteresis adjuster is LOL.

Name:  F66B15DF-DD5E-49D1-AA55-52F2C9AA92A0.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  94.0 KB
Old 07-14-2019, 08:45 AM   #51
Jayjellyfish212

Ok I got the CTAP figured out. Took me a little bit playing around with the settings. Took me a learning curve also to remember to turn off the unit when making any adjustments to the 3 dials. The unit only will use the settings set prior to powering on. I was getting frustrated when I tried changing settings and there was no change until I understood to turn it off, make changes to adjustable dials then turn back on. The hysteresis dial seems to be a gap setting between sensitivity of on off triggering. I tried the settings in the picture above Merc uses but found those settings to be to close to the floor in the clutch travel to actually trigger the 2step on my car. Probably due to different clutch’s (stock vs aftermarket) I then went half of those settings and it put the travel of clutch activation with a more lengthy travel trigger. After adjustments I now have it set to where the triggering is putting the 2step on just as the clutch wants to start engaging to put the car in motion. I’m gonna give it a few launches at this setting and slightly adjust from there if needed. I’m assuming once I find the perfect settings for me it will be a set it and forget it on the CTAP unit and then only adjustments would be made going forward to the 2step based on rpms needs vs track/ weather conditions. So I don’t think there is a simple way to pass one’s settings to another and it will be spot on due to each drivers preference maybe different. The good thing is you can use someone else’s settings to get a baseline on the settings of the CTAP and then just make slight adjustments as preferred. The CTAP unit seems to be working perfectly also and is triggering the 2step spot on so hopefully I’ll get good consistent launches and lower ET’s now.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:04 PM   #52
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Thanks Jay for the write up. I will be getting CTAP to go with my 2 step. I hopeful this will make a big difference.
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote