Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #1
kruzinn

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Sub Mount Bracket?

Hey guys, looking to replace the stock sub with a Kicker 10 inch. Does anyone here know where I can get a mounting bracket to use to secure the new sub in my 2011 Vert?
I live in Canada, so would prefer not dealing with a US company.

Thanks!

Last edited by kruzinn; 06-08-2019 at 08:53 AM. Reason: forgot something
kruzinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #2
The Wanderer

Drives: Blaze Red 2014 2SS/RS
I made my own with a piece of 1/4 angle iron and a small piece of 1/4 of aluminum I had lying around the garage. bolted it up to the top subwoofer box and then bolted it to the metal brace that runs under rear deck. $0 money made it out of stuff I had... painted it black it looks store bought. Keeps subwoofer box in the middle of the trunk and it does not move or slide around. I mounted mine face to the rear of the car as I read it sounds best this way....
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
kruzinn

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
I made my own with a piece of 1/4 angle iron and a small piece of 1/4 of aluminum I had lying around the garage. bolted it up to the top subwoofer box and then bolted it to the metal brace that runs under rear deck. $0 money made it out of stuff I had... painted it black it looks store bought. Keeps subwoofer box in the middle of the trunk and it does not move or slide around. I mounted mine face to the rear of the car as I read it sounds best this way....
Never heard of facing it towards the trunk- did you by any chance take any pictures? Also, what kind of sub are you using? I was thinking free air, but I'm going to fill up that space with board to make it feel like an enclosed box, so I may just use a regular sub.

Interested to hear how yours turned out, not many people on here talk about replacing the subs, or the best way sound wise.
kruzinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
The Wanderer

Drives: Blaze Red 2014 2SS/RS
i installed a 10" rockford fosgate punch p-2 subwoofer and bought a $40 pre made subwoofer box, a wiring kit for the sub. I also bought a jl audio 700v5 amplifier and a special wiring harness to swap out the stock amp. after setting all the gains on the amp it really woke up my factory speakers. When the sub kicks my rearview mirror vibrates, it really hits hard. After researching I found that it is recommended that the subwoofer face the rear of the car for the best sounding effect.....use the search function there are a ton of threads on this install...as for pictures I could never figure out how to post them to this forum
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote