Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-06-2023, 07:48 PM   #1
DirtyDirt

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Header choice and tune for 2010 SS

As the title says, I am looking to do headers, and I know i will need a tune when i do the headers. What kind of recommendations do you guys have?
Any input would be appreciated, I am looking to get everything done before I get it out of winter storage in april.
15% tint
Matte Black Rally Stripe
2016 Camaro SS Black Chrome PVD Wheels
Pedal Commander

2013 ZL1 BOUGHT 10-29-23 With 1950 miles
K&N Full CAI
15% tint
Few cosmetic additions when it comes out of winter hibernation
DirtyDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 08:02 PM   #2
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I have American Racing long tubes hooked up to Borla ATAK. She sounds amazing.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 08:42 PM   #3
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDirt View Post
As the title says, I am looking to do headers, and I know i will need a tune when i do the headers. What kind of recommendations do you guys have?
Any input would be appreciated, I am looking to get everything done before I get it out of winter storage in april.
It depends on what you want? You can get cheap, better, and the best or coated or none coated. With or without cats. And you can get a simple remote tune for your headers. I would recommend someone like https://gwatneyperformance.com/ for headers and a tune. The tune will cost you a little more then a dyno tune but you will then have the HP tuners interface for future tuning.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 08:54 PM   #4
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Im doing this now, and pay once, cry once....Im going with Kooks and a dyno tune, but I am also installing a BTR Stage 2 Cam as well....
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:49 AM   #5
JAFWF
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1994 Z/28 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
Im doing this now, and pay once, cry once....Im going with Kooks and a dyno tune, but I am also installing a BTR Stage 2 Cam as well....

What he said, Kooks 1 7/8" with their green cats and ceramic coating.
JAFWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:29 AM   #6
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Im running TSP Long tubes, offroad connection pipes, x-pipe, and Borla Ataks. Currently running a Trifecta mail order tune. Eventually when I go heads/cam it will get dyno tuned

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:52 AM   #7
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
I'm running Stainless Power 1 7/8ths into offroad mids, no cats and a Corsa Sport ZL1 3" catback with a custom dyno tune. The headers are uncoated and have been on the car for 10 years and still look great!!
Old 02-07-2023, 10:55 AM   #8
DirtyDirt

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Thanks for the replies. I should have made mention in my original post. I am just looking for a lil more growl and a lil more power is all. Im not gonna be running laps or drag racing. Not that money is no object, but I like to get the good stuff and do it right the first time. with that being said, does that change anyone's thoughts or opinions? I watched a couple of youtube videos, and the install of headers seems pretty strait forward.. Is that truely the case?
My master mechanic friend would be doing the install, and he has HP tuners already. That be a good tune for my current wants/needs?
15% tint
Matte Black Rally Stripe
2016 Camaro SS Black Chrome PVD Wheels
Pedal Commander

2013 ZL1 BOUGHT 10-29-23 With 1950 miles
K&N Full CAI
15% tint
Few cosmetic additions when it comes out of winter hibernation
DirtyDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:11 AM   #9
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
HP Tuners is not a tune, good or bad. That's up to the person using it.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:37 AM   #10
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I should have made mention in my original post. I am just looking for a lil more growl and a lil more power is all. Im not gonna be running laps or drag racing. Not that money is no object, but I like to get the good stuff and do it right the first time. with that being said, does that change anyone's thoughts or opinions? I watched a couple of youtube videos, and the install of headers seems pretty strait forward.. Is that truely the case?
My master mechanic friend would be doing the install, and he has HP tuners already. That be a good tune for my current wants/needs?
The install is cake on these cars. I had access to a lift at work which obviously made it a bit easier but it took me all of maybe 2 hours including a couple beer breaks. The last headers I installed before these were on a 4th gen and they were a nightmare. These are a breeze. My Texas speed headers fit flawlessy and still look great after almost 7 years. They have a little color to them now but I dont mind that at all. For the price, I cant recommend TSP enough.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:43 AM   #11
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Once done Dirty (and obviously the snow melts sometime in June), you need to take a drive up north and run the tunnel of trees and across the Mighty Mac! Drop me a line when you do!!!
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:24 PM   #12
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I have Stainless Power (stainless works) 1-7/8th, no cats, stock NPP.

HP tuners is a tuning software. Its for creating and changing tunes. If I lived in Michigan I would schedule a tune with Livernois Motorsports.
Old 02-07-2023, 01:41 PM   #13
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
lol, doesn't change my opinion at all. The LT's will give you what you are looking for, both power, (with a good tune), and the sound. When we did mine I went from 331 rwhp to 370 rwhp with the dyno tune, and I'm an auto car. And the install like mentioned is a breeze if you have a lift to do it on.
Old 02-07-2023, 01:55 PM   #14
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I did mine on my back in the garage with jack stands. Still did it in about 3 hours. If your friend knows how to open an email and download a tune and then write it to you car that will save you about $400. You just need another $3-400 for a good tuner (like GPI) and then your done
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote