Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 03:47 PM   #43
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
The firstpicture shows what happened, i turned left at the intersection onto the road highlighted. The red pin represents where I got pulled over.

The officer said he paced me for a quarter of a mile. His pace route is the second picture.

Thus, according to him, my car went from about 7mph to 80mph in 0.15 miles. Keep in mind i never floored it, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Also keep in mind that I turned left onto that road. The distance in which my car went from 7 to 80 is in the third picture.

I am requesting GPS records from his bike from the court, but I remember exactly where I was pulled over on the road. Keep in mind that I pinpointed where I was stopped, I don't know where I actually started to pull onto the shoulder. However that factor only helps my case, as it signifies he had less room and time to "pace" me.
Attached Images

Last edited by ǝɔᴉlod; 06-28-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:16 AM   #44
Quicksilver 1LE

Drives: 14 1000HP SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod View Post
Flat, around a turn
Ok, so during the time u did not notice him he could have been pacing u from a distance, but unlikely. He has to articulate how he was able to determine your speed by pacing u and if he paced u in a curve then his calculations would be off, even with a radar or laser. When u noticed him he already made up his mind to stop u, so if u have the time I would bring this b4 a jury trial. Research how the Doppler radar and the laser radar system we use so u may ask him questions. Also, ask when was the last time he went to an update radar class. I know u said he paced u but it shows if he is keeping up with his training to stay fresh. You need to to be honest with yourself and ask 'Did I deserve this citation?' Not for this stop, but all the other times you didn't get caught. Good luck with your case.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #45
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
wow if you had an on-board dash cam recording speed this would be really wild.

Again, I think OP says the officer paced him. No radar. Right?

I just don't see how he could pace you per your map. You saw him pull out onto the main road, correct? You glance down and saw your speed. No way he can pace you from a side street. Makes no sense. If he used radar, then Yea maybe.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #46
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
Most basic traffic offenses have no option for jury trial. Judge or hearing officer, only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2015, 01:19 AM   #47
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
wow if you had an on-board dash cam recording speed this would be really wild.

Again, I think OP says the officer paced him. No radar. Right?

I just don't see how he could pace you per your map. You saw him pull out onto the main road, correct? You glance down and saw your speed. No way he can pace you from a side street. Makes no sense. If he used radar, then Yea maybe.
he said no radar, and I don't think it is fair to pace someone on a turn anyway. I will try a written declaration and include my maps, hopefully no court is needed.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:12 AM   #48
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF8 View Post
Most basic traffic offenses have no option for jury trial. Judge or hearing officer, only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Texas they do. Not the OPs situation though. No court wants to waste time for a jury trial on a speeding ticket. Usually DA tries to get you to plead guilty and take a reduced fine. That has been my exerience.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:22 AM   #49
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
In Texas they do. Not the OPs situation though. No court wants to waste time for a jury trial on a speeding ticket. Usually DA tries to get you to plead guilty and take a reduced fine. That has been my exerience.
I can refuse their deal...then I have the option of a trial. States it on the back of my ticket.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:50 AM   #50
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Slick View Post
In Michigan, police speedometers must be independantly calibrated annually through LIDAR or time/distance method. If your state has this rule, and his motorcycle speedo hasn't been calibrated, you might be able to get the pace thrown out in court.
That is INCORRECT sir...

Please cite your source(s)
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 06-30-2015, 03:52 AM   #51
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Did he have his lights on or not? If he does not then don't pull over, too many people playing fake cop out there plus it makes you look guilty of something even if you are not.
Fake cops have lights...
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 06-30-2015, 04:00 AM   #52
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Sounds to me the police have the OP dead to rights and is saying everything else he got a ticket for is his fault and is justified EXCEPT for speeding.

First off...on its face...a reasonably intelligent person can pick through your justifications and personal rationale and come up with this conclusion...

You were speeding. You are justifying EVERYTHING else you did to support your ego which, in part, is found in the former of soliciting opinions from people who weren't there...and trying to coddle you into formulating a defense based on your actions.

Perhaps...if you have been so slighted and wronged by the Po-Lice...file a formal complaint. File it. Please! Secondly, I'd like to see a follow up on this. If the Po-Lice Officer was SO wrong for what he said...versus what he wrote you for...

An officer can say whatever they want to a person...case law. The difference is what he says and what he ACTUALLY wrote on the ticket.

Man up dude...
Old 06-30-2015, 04:23 AM   #53
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
The firstpicture shows what happened, i turned left at the intersection onto the road highlighted. The red pin represents where I got pulled over.

The officer said he paced me for a quarter of a mile. His pace route is the second picture.

Thus, according to him, my car went from about 7mph to 80mph in 0.15 miles. Keep in mind i never floored it, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Also keep in mind that I turned left onto that road. The distance in which my car went from 7 to 80 is in the third picture.

I am requesting GPS records from his bike from the court, but I remember exactly where I was pulled over on the road. Keep in mind that I pinpointed where I was stopped, I don't know where I actually started to pull onto the shoulder. However that factor only helps my case, as it signifies he had less room and time to "pace" me.
It sounds like you have a case, but it will all come down to what the officer says as far as the occurance (When/where/etc). If you CAN request the GPS records, that would certainly help if your side is what really happened.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
Old 06-30-2015, 05:14 AM   #54
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Sounds to me the police have the OP dead to rights and is saying everything else he got a ticket for is his fault and is justified EXCEPT for speeding.

First off...on its face...a reasonably intelligent person can pick through your justifications and personal rationale and come up with this conclusion...

You were speeding. You are justifying EVERYTHING else you did to support your ego which, in part, is found in the former of soliciting opinions from people who weren't there...and trying to coddle you into formulating a defense based on your actions.

Perhaps...if you have been so slighted and wronged by the Po-Lice...file a formal complaint. File it. Please! Secondly, I'd like to see a follow up on this. If the Po-Lice Officer was SO wrong for what he said...versus what he wrote you for...

An officer can say whatever they want to a person...case law. The difference is what he says and what he ACTUALLY wrote on the ticket.

Man up dude...
Man up to what? The fact that I personally saw a cop not pace me for an adequate time to determine my speed. The fact that the cop couldnt present me with at least an approximate speed, all he said was "in excess of 75". I thought the point of pacing is to determine an approximate speed, in excess of 75 can mean anything. Why should I not ask for opinions from people who have more likely than not recieved speeding tickets and or have experience in law? Your talking about getting opinions from people that were not there, yet in traffic court, you have to present this evidence to a person called a judge who was not there, and he actually decides whether or not you are guilty. I'm not justifying my ego for anything, I have recieved speeding tickets before and have paid them without question, because I was guilty. This case however, I saw with my very own eyes that not only was I not speeding, but the officer never slowed down to my speed to determine whether or not I was. I reapect police officers and what they do for us, but you cannot tell me that there is not some corrupt ones out there. By the way, police has no dash in between it....
Old 06-30-2015, 05:40 AM   #55
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Man up to what? The fact that I personally saw a cop not pace me for an adequate time to determine my speed. The fact that the cop couldnt present me with at least an approximate speed, all he said was "in excess of 75". I thought the point of pacing is to determine an approximate speed, in excess of 75 can mean anything. Why should I not ask for opinions from people who have more likely than not recieved speeding tickets and or have experience in law? Your talking about getting opinions from people that were not there, yet in traffic court, you have to present this evidence to a person called a judge who was not there, and he actually decides whether or not you are guilty. I'm not justifying my ego for anything, I have recieved speeding tickets before and have paid them without question, because I was guilty. This case however, I saw with my very own eyes that not only was I not speeding, but the officer never slowed down to my speed to determine whether or not I was. I reapect police officers and what they do for us, but you cannot tell me that there is not some corrupt ones out there. By the way, police has no dash in between it....
An officer...if trained...can visually estimate speed. Pacing, LIDAR, VASCAR, RADAR is NOT, I repeat NOT required to write speed.

And yes...it is valid.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:17 AM   #56
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
An officer...if trained...can visually estimate speed. Pacing, LIDAR, VASCAR, RADAR is NOT, I repeat NOT required to write speed.

And yes...it is valid.
It is very easy to disprove as the officer himself was moving, which increases chances of the visual estimation to be inaccurate.

Closed Thread