Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-04-2020, 06:11 PM   #1
1LE Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro
Fe6 front strut mounts non-existent?

Hello everyone, first post here so I will try to do my best but the big question and the only one that I cannot seem to find an answer for is essentially the title. Are there FE6 specialized front strut mounts that is needed for the 1LE package or is it the same mount as the 2ss and it doesn't change whether it is for the 1LE or not? I've searched everywhere and there is a page on this website explaining the difference between all the packages and the labels for each but never explained why on GM's website why it only has rear strut mounts for the FE6 package. If anyone has any insight on this it would be greatly appreciated! I believe I need a new mount as if I jack the front of the car up to get the tires off the ground and rotate the front tires I can watch the mount drop as well as hear a very loud clunk.

Btw I have a 2013 Camaro 2ss 1LE.
1LE Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:38 PM   #2
Rons1le

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE AGM
From what I have read on the registry the rear is ZL1 parts and the front is SS and it is normal for them to raise and lower. I've heard others having the clunk sound also.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
2015 2SS RS 1LE NPP/w Kooks headers, Procharged, ID1050X injectors, Katech belt tensioner, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, BMR subframe connectors, Matco driveshaft loop, AEM Wideband/Boost/Fuel gauges , Z/28 Splitter and Spoiler/w Wicker bill, Power Stop rotors and brake pads, MRR Z/28 Rep Wheels 20" w/p zeros 285 fronts and 305 rears, ZL1 addons Rock guards and Tow hook, Rear window louvers, Flags on the quarter windows and the moonroof, Billet aluminum door handles.
Rons1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #3
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
They eventually collapse. It's a huge annoyance on G8 which has an earlier version of this suspension I think FE2. To replace them the struts come out. So depending on mileage you just might want to do struts at the same time. Also camber plates are an option. So are coil overs... you see where this is going... lol

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

Tags
1le, 1le 2ss, clunk, strut mount, suspension