Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #29
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
I was getting into my car at the end of the day and was letting her warm up and something on the dash caught my eye! Yep my dash board is bubbling up! the area underneath my center vents and above the radio is bubbling up, it looks like the outer Pleather skin is coming unglued. I immediately took note of my odometer that is showing 35250 miles!!!!! luckily I work right next door to a chevy dealership that has the best service record in the area, so I popped over there and they were still open, I pointed out the mileage first and the service guy took not of it and made a service ticket out for it to be worked on on Thursday, Im gonna have him check out my heater fan blower noise while he is at it.
after 16 months of owning this car all I have is some bubbling up on the dash! NOT BAD! I am so impressed with the build quality of this car, so far it is one of the best built cars I have ever had! Im just glad I got it in to be fixed before the warranty ran out lol.
Lil'BlueCoupe,

Sorry to hear about your dashboard but I applaud you for getting the vehicle to the dealer. I'd love to follow the progress of the repair if you wouldn't mind. Could you private message me your VIN number and the name/location of the dealer you're working with?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #30
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
A 2012 with 36k miles on it? That's some serious driving!
Ya I drive the snot out of that car......but that's what I bought it for.
I am currently getting ready to move to Las Vegas and so my miles will drastically drop when I move. Really looking forward to it
Old 04-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #31
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Mine is starting to bubble slightly at 16k on the ODO
Old 04-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #32
Ralphdss

Drives: SIM 1SS/RS
No bubbling dash here yet 13k DD.
Ralphdss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #33
vermillion12ss

Drives: 2012 summit white ss
wow that sucks...mine has 1500 miles on it and im not looking forward to it if they all do it. . I guess gm has always been bad about dashboards bubbling and coming unglued. non of my mustangs ever did that . I hope I don't end up regretting getting rid of my 2013 mustang
vermillion12ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #34
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Quote:
after 16 months of owning this car all I have is some bubbling up on the dash! NOT BAD.
Never seen or heard of another car bubbling after 16 months. The build is poor. My 1998 GST Eclipse had 119k miles on it when I traded it. It was also ten years old. Dash had no cracks, seats had no creases, and the only thing I ever replaced was the fuel pump at 90k miles.

Within two months, my halo headlights decided to go disco and color change on their own. Then, steering whir. Then paint is peeling under spoiler (yours is too, just look). That PISSES me off since I happen to LOVE the high rise spoiler, yet, can't get it without a repaint.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #35
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking

Well I now have an update, the dealership got the part in last week and yesterday i dropped her off in the morning(just a small walk back to my place of work) around lunch time they called me and let me know it was ready, I showed up and the key was in the car, and all is well, the dash looks awesome and I am happy(hope it lasts)
I gotta give thanks to Tri County Chevy service department in Royston GA, they took good care of me once again......now wonder they are rated best service department in the area. What really impresses me is the fact that this is a tiny dealership in a small rural town, when I bought my Camaro I had them try and do me a good deal, bu they came in way to high on the price so I was forced to go to Atlanta and get it from Rick Hendrick Chevy for a nice deal, Tri County Chevy had no animosity towards me, and in fact they congratulated me when I brought it by their service dept to have the interior light fixed the first week I had it, they treated me like a king there, and that says a lot for a dealership. The salesman said he didn't blame me for going elsewhere, they have no wiggle room on the price of there cars in a small town, and still congratulated me.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #36
NYYFan325

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Ya I drive the snot out of that car......but that's what I bought it for.
I am currently getting ready to move to Las Vegas and so my miles will drastically drop when I move. Really looking forward to it
Just had to get off topic and say I'm glad to see another C5 member coming out to Vegas! Hopefully see ya around
Old 04-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #37
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Well I now have an update, the dealership got the part in last week and yesterday i dropped her off in the morning(just a small walk back to my place of work) around lunch time they called me and let me know it was ready, I showed up and the key was in the car, and all is well, the dash looks awesome and I am happy(hope it lasts)
I gotta give thanks to Tri County Chevy service department in Royston GA, they took good care of me once again......now wonder they are rated best service department in the area. What really impresses me is the fact that this is a tiny dealership in a small rural town, when I bought my Camaro I had them try and do me a good deal, bu they came in way to high on the price so I was forced to go to Atlanta and get it from Rick Hendrick Chevy for a nice deal, Tri County Chevy had no animosity towards me, and in fact they congratulated me when I brought it by their service dept to have the interior light fixed the first week I had it, they treated me like a king there, and that says a lot for a dealership. The salesman said he didn't blame me for going elsewhere, they have no wiggle room on the price of there cars in a small town, and still congratulated me.

Lil'BlueCoupe,

So happy you had such a great experience getting your vehicle serviced with Tri County Chevy. It's great to hear stories such as this. We hope you continue to have amazing service experiences.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #38
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I have a 2012 and am a firm believer in sun shades. I never exit the car without putting them up, even on a cloudy day. So no bubbling or cracking here. The dash still looks new. Like the service bulletin said, exposure to sun. It must cause the glue to release.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #39
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nick_ View Post
A camaro has a problem involving the dashboard?

It was designed that way, as a throwback to every other generation. They're gonna stick to their heritage dammit.
Now That's funny
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #40
mirabella
silver snow

Drives: 2017 Red 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I have a 2012 and am a firm believer in sun shades. I never exit the car without putting them up, even on a cloudy day. So no bubbling or cracking here. The dash still looks new. Like the service bulletin said, exposure to sun. It must cause the glue to release.
I am so glad I just bought a set today they should be here on Friday.
mirabella is offline   Reply With Quote