Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #29
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
Wow, I must say I am a little disappointed to hear all this. I absolutely love the RS halos, they are the reason that when it comes time for me to order I'll be getting an RS, but I am very saddened to hear that the "fog lights" are not fog lights and won't be on at night. When I'm driving a car with fog lights I keep them on not for the extra lighting they provide but because of the aggressive look they add to the car. I just love seeing a car barreling towards me through the darkness with that extra set of lights slung low towards the road, and knowing that I won't have that look in mine is kinda sad, even though it's not something I will ever see (I'll be in the car after all). May sound stupid to others but it's a big deal for me.

Oh well, when it comes down to it the HIDs and halos win out, and I'm sure that the day I pick up my car this minor hitch won't even matter.
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #30
MONEY
Black 2ss/rs Mid-August

Drives: 1999 Silverado, 1978 Corvette
[QUOTE=binlow84;601423]Wow, I must say I am a little disappointed to hear all this. I absolutely love the RS halos, they are the reason that when it comes time for me to order I'll be getting an RS, but I am very saddened to hear that the "fog lights" are not fog lights and won't be on at night. When I'm driving a car with fog lights I keep them on not for the extra lighting they provide but because of the aggressive look they add to the car. I just love seeing a car barreling towards me through the darkness with that extra set of lights slung low towards the road, and knowing that I won't have that look in mine is kinda sad, even though it's not something I will ever see (I'll be in the car after all). May sound stupid to others but it's a big deal for me.
QUOTE]

I'm an electrician, so mine'll be working at night!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #31
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I like the analogy #3. Ha, guys, so should we make a smiley that says "RSs do not have fog lights!"? I see this as having the potential to be as common as "are those the real headlights?"
"Not the real foglights" ?

:notheadlights:
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #32
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Thanks, zebra!!!!
any time

Quote:
Originally Posted by binlow84 View Post
Wow, I must say I am a little disappointed to hear all this. I absolutely love the RS halos, they are the reason that when it comes time for me to order I'll be getting an RS, but I am very saddened to hear that the "fog lights" are not fog lights and won't be on at night. When I'm driving a car with fog lights I keep them on not for the extra lighting they provide but because of the aggressive look they add to the car. I just love seeing a car barreling towards me through the darkness with that extra set of lights slung low towards the road, and knowing that I won't have that look in mine is kinda sad, even though it's not something I will ever see (I'll be in the car after all). May sound stupid to others but it's a big deal for me.

Oh well, when it comes down to it the HIDs and halos win out, and I'm sure that the day I pick up my car this minor hitch won't even matter.
nothing a little re-wiring can't fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirelaugh View Post
"Not the real foglights" ?

:notheadlights:
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote