Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Mine did it months ago. Honestly I have completely forgotten because it has separated almost the entire width of the center AC vents and now it looks uniform so you can't tell, LOL. I'm not going to bother with it unless a bigger problem comes up, then I will kill two birds with one stone. My car will turn just over 13,000 miles by the time its a year old. Minor dash issue has been my only 'problem'.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #16
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
So......what you are telling me is they will charge to fix this issue instead of it being covered under waranty?
From what I have seen most everyone here has had it fixed under warranty if their warranty is still good.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #17
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Is your heater fan blower noise a chirping sound like mine??

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #18
JRsRS12

Drives: 2012 White 1LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
The dash coming apart after a year and a half hardly says high quality craftsmanship.
The dealer replaced mine in about ten minutes. I don't think a piece of dash trim that takes a couple minutes to pop out and replace is enough to write off the entire dash as defective. I bet most people on this forum could handle replacing it no problem.
JRsRS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #19
Magilla gorilla

Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
Quote:
So......what you are telling me is they will charge to fix this issue instead of it being covered under waranty?

What I read about this issue they were fixing them under warranty...
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #20
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Mine did this, took it in, they replaced that leather piece, was fine for about a month, now guess what, it's bubbling again. Took it back and was informed they do not have a way to repair it besides replacement which is silly because it will just do it again.

I don't know why they just can't take it off and put some HD glue or epoxy on that bad boy.....
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #21
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS View Post
Mine had a clicking noise from the fan blade (the 2011 2LT/RS), take it back to Pohanka, they will cut the fan out and screw in a new one.

Jim

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #22
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
The dash coming apart after a year and a half hardly says high quality craftsmanship.
If this is the biggest problem I have (and have heard of with any 5th gen camaro), then I would consider that good news.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:11 AM   #23
bdrobLS3

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SSRS Manual Coupe
Send a message via AIM to bdrobLS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS View Post
Mine chirps under setting 6 I think at 7 the fan just gets louder than the chirp. Does anyone know how to fix it?
bdrobLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 AM   #24
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Thanks every one, I will at least have them fix it and if it does it again then I will probably just take it into an upholstery place and have it repaired, or maybe not, it really dont look that bad and like someone in here said-once it all comes up in that spot, it looks uniform and becomes hardly noticeable.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I was getting into my car at the end of the day and was letting her warm up and something on the dash caught my eye! Yep my dash board is bubbling up! the area underneath my center vents and above the radio is bubbling up, it looks like the outer Pleather skin is coming unglued. I immediately took note of my odometer that is showing 35250 miles!!!!! luckily I work right next door to a chevy dealership that has the best service record in the area, so I popped over there and they were still open, I pointed out the mileage first and the service guy took not of it and made a service ticket out for it to be worked on on Thursday, Im gonna have him check out my heater fan blower noise while he is at it.
after 16 months of owning this car all I have is some bubbling up on the dash! NOT BAD! I am so impressed with the build quality of this car, so far it is one of the best built cars I have ever had! Im just glad I got it in to be fixed before the warranty ran out lol.
Hello Lil'BlueCoupe

Although we are sorry about your recent dash issue, we are thrilled with your overall sentiments towards your Camaro. We really do take a great deal of pride in our products. We are also happy you are able to get this issue fixed within warranty at a great dealership near you. Be sure to let us know how your dealership experience goes. Let us know if there is any other assistance we can give. Here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #26
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Service Information

2013 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro VIN F Service Manual 3106 | Document ID: 3285069
#PIC5718B: Instrument Panel (IP) Center Soft Insert Above Radio Center Stack Appears Deformed or Wrinkled - (Feb 8, 2013)
Subject: Instrument Panel (IP) Center Soft Insert Above Radio Center Stack Appears Deformed or Wrinkled

Models: 2012 - 2013 Chevrolet CamaroThis PI was superseded to update parts availability. Please discard PIC5718A.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern
Some customers may comment that the dash pad area surrounding the radio center stack appears to be deformed or wrinkled. This area may be slightly to the left or right of the center stack, or even directly above it, as shown in the picture below. Some customers may comment that this trim piece was not like this when the car was new. Dealers may comment that the service replacement trim piece is similar in appearance when it had been removed from the packaging. They may also notice that after this trim piece has been replaced and exposed to direct sunlight for some time, the concern has reoccurred.

Recommendation/Instructions
This parts issue has been resolved and new stock is currently available at GM CCA for this concern. Order a new dash pad as needed to resolve this issue on customer vehicles.
Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty use:
Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time
C2500
Instrument Panel Trim Pad Replacement
Use Published Labor Operation Time
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2013 General Motors. All rights reserved.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #27
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
Mine's done it too...I'm not in a huge hurry to get it fixed, it will probably happen again. I'm used to it by now.

It's poor design of the trim piece, not quality...you can't wrap a piece of pleather over a concavity and expect it to stick.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #28
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
A 2012 with 36k miles on it? That's some serious driving!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote