Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #29
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
With it set at 77 I get 31 all day long
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #30
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
That's AWESOME on the mileage! Was she driving in your trucks draft? I'm wondering if the reduced wind resistance was a factor or if it just straight up got that good of mileage?
I dont think the draft was the main reason, because she stayed out of the draft a lot, if I could see her in the rear view mirrors of the rental truck then she wasn't up close to the truck.
she would ususlly just set the cruise to somewhere around 60 MPH and when I would go down the hills in the large yellow pig of a rental truck I would get it up to 65~70 (any faster and it would get squirrely) and would pull away from her, but on the next uphill area, she would catch right back up to me.
That rental truck was a gutless pig, I hated driving it for that far, almost lost control of it coming down a grade but I handled it just fine.
Now that I am in Vegas I am getting the crappy city mileage just like everyone else lol, but I am still loving it because I dont have to drive far at all to do anything here.......so it makes up for it.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #31
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
OH! and another thing....I WILL be at Cars and Coffee tomorrow, ZI cleaned Lil'Blue up as best as I can but she is not perfect. For those who are there I hope you all can understand, she is my daily driver and she does have many signs of serious useage, but for a car that has 47000 miles on the odo, she actually looks pretty good! I'm happy and that is all that matters. you all will see that this car is NO garage queen.....she gets drivin

PS: I will be easy to spot....my car has "Hang Loose" decals on the rear quarter windows and Air Force Vet decal across the back window, and it probably one of the very few IBMs there
Old 09-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #32
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Why didn't you take the red clay with you? We wouldn't had stopped you! I live about 200ft down a clay road and I know the feeling about how it's impossible to keep the car clean. Normally 20 minutes after I clean it some 4x4 comes flying down the road at 60 mph and covers everything in dust. Or after it rains they turn it into a tractor pull, leaving one foot deep ruts behind.

Glad to hear you had a safe trip.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote