Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-22-2017, 04:28 AM   #1
justiny

Drives: ...
2016 Camaro convertible trunk space

Hi all, I am new to the forum and will be renting a camaro convertible for a road trip from LA to LV!!! (WOHOO! It is a big thing for us Brits to drive a true muscle car in the Wild West ) just wondering if a suitcase with the dimension 30' x 20' x 12' would fit between the roof divider and the back (front) of the trunk! I've seen quite a few pictures but would be truly grateful if anyone can provide some measurements. Thanks in advance
justiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:55 AM   #2
Grandpawmoses

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by justiny View Post
Hi all, I am new to the forum and will be renting a camaro convertible for a road trip from LA to LV!!! (WOHOO! It is a big thing for us Brits to drive a true muscle car in the Wild West ) just wondering if a suitcase with the dimension 30' x 20' x 12' would fit between the roof divider and the back (front) of the trunk! I've seen quite a few pictures but would be truly grateful if anyone can provide some measurements. Thanks in advance
I hope you mean "(inches) instead of '(feet). Just kidding.
I was going to get a vert until I saw the trunk space. It is tiny. About half the size of my Corvette vert trunk. I can't answer your question for sure because I decided on the coupe after seeing the vert trunk but I think it will fit. I tried to find the dimensions but GM only tells us the cubic feet which is totally useless. Some one else with a vert will be along soon with the dimensions.

Last edited by Grandpawmoses; 01-22-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Grandpawmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:27 AM   #3
justiny

i meant inches indeed haha!
Indeed that's what I found so far, in terms of volume I know i'll be fine, it's just a matter of whether the absolute dimensions of my suitcase will fit -> otherwise I'll have to use 2 smaller ones instead.....but thanks for your input anyway the last thing I want is to have a hardshell suitcase sitting in the backseat with my girlfriend for the whole week lol
Old 01-22-2017, 07:47 AM   #4
Bigdog9586

Drives: 2016 Z06 coupe
Have you thought about using the back seat? That's kind of what I will do. Strap them in with the seat belt and have fun. Just put the top up and lock it.
Bigdog9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:52 AM   #5
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
I'm sure it fits. I have fit a decent size duffle bag in the back part before. You can always lower the divider as needed and put it up if you move the top I know that's a PITA but it would be worth it if that's your only option.
Black hash marks
Curb alert
Vitesse controller

Jl audio HD 900/5 amp
c5 650 components
c2 650x coaxials rear fill
2 x 8" W3v3 subwoofers custom ported box
Fix 82 module

BF TPNS
BF Wet Diamond
BF Crystal Seal
Hydr02
303 Aerospace top protectant
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:59 AM   #6
justiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog9586 View Post
Have you thought about using the back seat? That's kind of what I will do. Strap them in with the seat belt and have fun. Just put the top up and lock it.
I did consider that, the only issue associated with that would be whether it's going to be stable enough given the size of the suitcase and the size of the actual seat. Also, I would prefer to keep the suitcase in the back when I park up just for security reasons (not sure what's the case across the pond but no one really leave their roof down when they are in the shop)...
Old 01-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #7
justiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Moy View Post
I'm sure it fits. I have fit a decent size duffle bag in the back part before. You can always lower the divider as needed and put it up if you move the top I know that's a PITA but it would be worth it if that's your only option.
my suit case is a hard case so I doubt it can morph as well as a duffle bag...and my question is based around the assumption that the roof will be down (sorry, us brits need the sunlight ). So basically I was wondering if the space between the divider and the back of the trunk is sufficient for me to slide the suitcase in like a piece of bread in a toaster....with an effective height of 20"
Old 01-22-2017, 08:06 AM   #8
Bob54

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Convertible
Here is a picture of an 18" x 28" x 12". It "fits" but you can't close the trunk. I typically use the backseat.
Attached Images

Bob54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:09 AM   #9
justiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob54 View Post
Here is a picture of an 18" x 28" x 12". It "fits" but you can't close the trunk. I typically use the backseat.
thank you so much, definitely the most useful answer i've found anywhere on the internet so far! ok now I'll have to find an alternative suit case i guess...
Old 01-22-2017, 08:22 AM   #10
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
ahh ok I gotcha.. NO 20 inch thick wont slide under the top when its down even with the divider out.. You have about 10 inches to work with max on thickness.
Black hash marks
Curb alert
Vitesse controller

Jl audio HD 900/5 amp
c5 650 components
c2 650x coaxials rear fill
2 x 8" W3v3 subwoofers custom ported box
Fix 82 module

BF TPNS
BF Wet Diamond
BF Crystal Seal
Hydr02
303 Aerospace top protectant
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #11
justiny

haha thanks man, wishful thinking over now... on a side note, how much would my girlfriend (5"8') hate me by the end of 4 hours in the back seat....
Old 01-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #12
Bigdog9586

This hard side suitcase is 27" tall with wheels, 19" wide, and 11" thick. It easily fits in and can be turned length wise leaving lots of room for some soft side cases.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #13
Bigdog9586

Quote:
Originally Posted by justiny View Post
Won't fit. I tried it with bigger suitcase than one I show. Those tabs on each side where the divider hooks are in the way. Maybe you can get a smaller bag. The one in picture got me 13 days worth of clothes in it on a cruise. On land you will have access to laundromats so you could go that way, or use the backseat.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #14
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
It's cool (not cold) out there in LV & in the SW desert this time of year. May not have much opportunity for "top down" weather if you are heading there any time soon. I was just there for business.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote