Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-28-2023, 01:57 PM   #15
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Before the wave of theories starts here, has anyone contacted Steve personally?
On behalf of the entire Camaro5, so that a bunch of people don't write to him?

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 07:14 PM   #16
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
He re did my tune a bunch so it was worth doing, I am happy with his tunes so far. I have not reached out to him yet but I probably will in a few days or so.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 10:17 PM   #17
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
I spoke with Steve directly a week or so ago. Apparently, there was a misunderstanding with his forum sponsorship so he opted to part ways with Camaro5. He did mention that he is very active on Facebook.

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 03:58 AM   #18
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Has anyone gotten a tune for him with a cammed car with a lift more than .600? He told me he could not remote tune with a lift .600 or more because it changed the intake psi which would require a dyno tune.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 04:44 AM   #19
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Has anyone gotten a tune for him with a cammed car with a lift more than .600? He told me he could not remote tune with a lift .600 or more because it changed the intake psi which would require a dyno tune.
I'd be interested to know exactly what was said there - because that response makes no sense. Maybe it's missing context, but the lift of the cam is fairly irrelevant to the tuning process. The valve events themselves matter a great deal, but the gross lift doesn't create any issues. Example - our ~.640" high lift truck cams tune just as easily as their ~.550" low lift versions.

Regardless - if you need some help with a very experienced and seasoned remote tuning option for a naturally aspirated 5th gen, we've got you covered here at GPI. Feel free to shoot me a message, or e-mail to andrew@gwatneyperformance.com if we can help.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 04:55 AM   #20
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I'd be interested to know exactly what was said there - because that response makes no sense. Maybe it's missing context, but the lift of the cam is fairly irrelevant to the tuning process. The valve events themselves matter a great deal, but the gross lift doesn't create any issues. Example - our ~.640" high lift truck cams tune just as easily as their ~.550" low lift versions.

Regardless - if you need some help with a very experienced and seasoned remote tuning option for a naturally aspirated 5th gen, we've got you covered here at GPI. Feel free to shoot me a message, or e-mail to andrew@gwatneyperformance.com if we can help.

I have a question for you Andrew.
I'll send you a private message.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:50 AM   #21
camguynj

Quote:

Here is the email correspondence with from Dynosteve and him discussing no remote tune for lift more than.600

———————————————————-
On Apr 24, 2021, at 7:43 PM, Steven Leerentveld <dynosteve@rdpmotorsport.com> wrote:
Lower manifold vacuum and needs to be tuned on the dyno

Thanks
Steven Leerentveld
RDP Store

Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:33 PM
To: Steven Leerentveld <dynosteve@rdpmotorsport.com>
Subject: Re: New/2nd SCT X4 Custom Tune

Interesting, what is the reason for the .600 lift remote tune limit? My cam lift is .603intake / .595exhaust Thanks, Mike

On Apr 24, 2021, at 11:01 AM, Steven Leerentveld <dynosteve@rdpmotorsport.com> wrote: What are the cam specs because we only remote tune upto 600thou lift

Thanks Steven Leerentveld
RDP Store
www.rdpstore.com

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 12:13 PM

Hi Steve, I'll be installing a cam soon to replace the stock cam. What will you need from me to prepare a new tune? Thanks, Mike
Old 09-29-2023, 06:10 AM   #22
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Here is the email correspondence with from Dynosteve and him discussing no remote tune for lift more than.600

———————————————————-
On Apr 24, 2021, at 7:43 PM, Steven Leerentveld <dynosteve@rdpmotorsport.com> wrote:
Lower manifold vacuum and needs to be tuned on the dyno

Thanks
Steven Leerentveld
RDP Store

Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:33 PM

Interesting, what is the reason for the .600 lift remote tune limit? My cam lift is .603intake / .595exhaust Thanks, Mike

On Apr 24, 2021, at 11:01 AM, Steven Leerentveld <dynosteve@rdpmotorsport.com> wrote: What are the cam specs because we only remote tune upto 600thou lift

Thanks Steven Leerentveld
RDP Store
www.rdpstore.com

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 12:13 PM

Hi Steve, I'll be installing a cam soon to replace the stock cam. What will you need from me to prepare a new tune? Thanks, Mike
Well, to each his own. I contend that the lift has essentially nothing to do with manifold vacuum, and rather the valve events which are based on the duration of the cam and the lobe separation angle and the advanced ground into the cam are responsible for the manifold vacuum and overall behavior of the camshaft.

I suspect it's a generalized catch-all that he uses to limit the amount of bigger cams that he has to tune. I can appreciate not everyone is comfortable tuning bigger camshafts remotely, there are some challenges with that, so if you're not confident in the results then probably better not to. It's nothing that would deter us.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 09:01 AM   #23
camguynj

Quote:
Well, to each his own. I contend that the lift has essentially nothing to do with manifold vacuum, and rather the valve events which are based on the duration of the cam and the lobe separation angle and the advanced ground into the cam are responsible for the manifold vacuum and overall behavior of the camshaft.

I suspect it's a generalized catch-all that he uses to limit the amount of bigger cams that he has to tune. I can appreciate not everyone is comfortable tuning bigger camshafts remotely, there are some challenges with that, so if you're not confident in the results then probably better not to. It's nothing that would deter us.
I sent you a pm about getting an updated remote tune for ported rod mod intake I plan on getting
Old 09-29-2023, 09:21 AM   #24
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

Thanks for sending a link to this thread. Sounds like the same old DynoSteve to me. He's a lot better at making excuses than he is at tuning.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 04:39 PM   #25
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
"Thanks for sending a link to this thread. Sounds like the same old DynoSteve to me. He's a lot better at making excuses than he is at tuning."

Find a better Pro Tuner like Jannety. Think you got a great tune from him? Have it analyzed by a Pro Tuner like Ted. He just threw 2 crap tunes at me and gave up trying to fix my start issues. Tune for life? - yep it may take that long.
I chased a endless slew of his recommended issues to check, all of them a dead end. Go elsewhere.
hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 12:20 PM   #26
kaba

Drives: 2013 SS LS3, NPP, Blk
Same problem here
Old 01-04-2024, 02:33 PM   #27
George-CZ

I don't really want to believe it, but there must be something wrong.
I wrote to him that I needed a new tune for my Camaro (ported intake).
He always responded almost immediately, but I waited several days for a response.

Nothing so far

Old 01-04-2024, 03:06 PM   #28
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I paid for tunes for life twice, Once with RDP and once with DSP . Hopefully I don't get screwed.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote