Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
-Trigger-
USER

Drives: 1SS, 1968 Camaro V8 396
Had Camaro Less then a week Pulled over.

Well I just bought a SS silver with black strips my DREAM COME TRUE, well of course being 24 I love to go fast now I have never had a car that can go fast so I have never had a speeding ticket on my record. BUT driving on a long strech of road I got the itch to just gently speed her up, well now im doing 85 in a 55 and in a bunch of trees on a cross road a cop spots me and lights them up. My Fault so I pull my car over and wait for the nice large donation im about to give. Well im in my work shirt for a Wireless Company and the logo is on the sleeve as he walks up he give me the usual talk. Then he sees my shirt and then he said if I could look at his phone beacuse it was acting up. So I said sure im not going anywhere right now bring it over. So I look at his cell phone fix the problem and he tells me to slow and down and be careful in that beast.I was soooooooo happy he let me off I kept ir 3 under the rest of the way.
-Trigger- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
lol lucky you. And being 24 doesn't mean we like to go fast lol. I'm 24 and I have always followed the speed limit lol. Still breaking in my Engine though. =D Nice story, and awesome cop lol.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Why don't I ever get a cop that needs computer fixing? Well I did, but thats when I was doing a ride along with him. They are fun you should do it once in your life, though if you expect "Cops" action you will be sorely disappointed.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
guess you break a V6 in different than a v8... I've been gettin on it every now and then... Haven't gotten pulled over yet... went by one at 85 in a 65 and nothing... LOL must have been doing paperwork...or eating.. haha

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Why don't I ever get a cop that needs computer fixing? Well I did, but thats when I was doing a ride along with him. They are fun you should do it once in your life, though if you expect "Cops" action you will be sorely disappointed.
+1 COPS is like the "highlights" of the weeks work... you get tired of working with people and their BS family problems...

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Weirdly.. I cringe everytime I see a cop. Not because I'm speeding, like I mentioned, I never speed... maybe only 5 kilometers over the limit... but thats like 2MPH for you guys lol. But I cringe because, as you can see in my sig, I have no front plate. Cops see me head on, but i noticed they don't notice the plate because they are busy looking at the car and seeing whos driving it. Obviously, I don't want to jinx my chances... sooner or later, I will be caught lol
Old 06-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
-Trigger-
USER

Drives: 1SS, 1968 Camaro V8 396
Lucky for my here in NM, no need for front plates
-Trigger- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
+1 COPS is like the "highlights" of the weeks work... you get tired of working with people and their BS family problems...
When I did a ride along we had some lady who had scratches on her car (seriously was a beater too), 3 warrants to serve (only got one of them and they were basically released when he saw the magistrate), a kid that was previously drunk and wouldn't give the hospital a number to call so someone could pick him up, and a chick that ran away from home when in fact she just went to her boyfriends house because her and her mother got into some fight. There was a suicide attempt going on but we weren't allowed to go to that one because to many cops were there so we just drove around and he showed me all the prostitute (this was at like 10am in the morning didn't know they were awake that early) and the drug houses.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #9
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
I know me too no front plate and illegal tint plus Im usually speeding(just a little ) that makes me sound bad lol but Im always respectful and use my blinkers!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Trigger- View Post
Lucky for my here in NM, no need for front plates

Ya, I see it every time I'm in the school lot(I go to NMSU). Its cool that ya'll dont have to.
Gigachip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Two words: Valentine One.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #12
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Two words: Valentine One.
+1
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #13
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Noice.........quid pro quo

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #14
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Trigger- View Post
Well I just bought a SS silver with black strips my DREAM COME TRUE, well of course being 24 I love to go fast now I have never had a car that can go fast so I have never had a speeding ticket on my record. BUT driving on a long strech of road I got the itch to just gently speed her up, well now im doing 85 in a 55 and in a bunch of trees on a cross road a cop spots me and lights them up. My Fault so I pull my car over and wait for the nice large donation im about to give. Well im in my work shirt for a Wireless Company and the logo is on the sleeve as he walks up he give me the usual talk. Then he sees my shirt and then he said if I could look at his phone beacuse it was acting up. So I said sure im not going anywhere right now bring it over. So I look at his cell phone fix the problem and he tells me to slow and down and be careful in that beast.I was soooooooo happy he let me off I kept ir 3 under the rest of the way.
Nice Story

Did you buy a lottery ticket yet because you got some luck there
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote