Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
nitrosteve

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition V-8 auto
Smile Wax for my car

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and it looks like it has a wealth of information. I bought a new Hot Wheels Camaro a couple months ago. I haven't had a chance to drive it much, I have been traveling a lot. I am now home for a while and have a question. I want to wax the car but with the stripes I am concerned about getting wax on them. Does anyone know if there is a wax on the market that you can use on your entire car including the decals and stripes (the flat as well as the shiny stripes) that will not harm or affect them. Someone once told me there was such a wax but it was several years ago and the Corvette I had at the time didn't have stripes so I didn't retain that information, wish I had. Thanks for any help you can give, will be checking the site regularly now. Anyone know of a Camaro Club in the Southern California area, we would love to join and get involved. Thanks to all

Steve & Kathy
nitrosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I use surf city garage it's the best I've ever used I would never use anything else I put on the stickers never had a problem and because it's a liquid not a paste you don't need to worry about the white left overs that you couldn't get.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
Trob.. Thry the Surf City Garage Hot Rod Detailer.. The pink stuff.. The best I have ever used ever....
2SS 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
Pure carnauba was is the only thing I will use (no abrasives).
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
As an option, call the Zaino people and ask them how they feel about their products going on the stripes. I'm guessing they'll say it's okay. Zaino is easy as all get out to use, but a little expensive, and they want you to put on 4 coats of wax(that they call polish), so that's the down side. But their leather products are awesome and smell incredible, tire products good. They have a full line. Borderless blonde towels from them are the sh#t. Order those from them even if you get your other products from somewhere else. Stay away from Meguiars microfiber towels, they'll scratch the you know what out of your paint.

I know you are looking for member recommendations and reviews, that's mine. But you can call any company and ask them these questions too. So if you are looking on line and seeing that one member said this and one member said that and then you check prices on autogeek(which doesn't sell Zaino) or whatever and you still don't know what to do. Call the companies in question. They all have people that would love to talk to you. It's their job, but they are usually extremely friendly and informative.

For a completely non car related project, just for example, I called Dap(as in silicon and caulk) and told the lady what I was doing and she transferred me to a guy and he and I had a conversation about products, picked one out, and he told me where to find it.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Don't wax the stripes.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
Kiteboarder85

Drives: 2018 SS - 2015 SS 1LE - 2013 SS
Adams' Polishes make the best IMO
Old 10-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #8
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
If the stripes are gloss, you can wax them, if they're matte, then don't.