Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-04-2015, 12:32 AM   #1
Teghogh

Drives: Vette
2015 sales numbers are out and they look disappointing!!

The camaro was outsold by both challenger and mustang.
Well no shit!!!
Ive been looking seriously to grab one for the past month but have no incentive to do so with this year being the last model year and the laughable 250 bucks of rebate that btw has been extended for another month. What kind of a genius in marketing came out with that idea?
Uuuummmm yes ... We are going to discount the 2014s by 20 percent and then coming january we are going to offer 250 dollars in rebate since it will be the last year of production and will be special enough to sell. People will be flocking to dealers to grab the 47k camaroz with our hefty 250 dollar discout offering.....
Seriously!!!!!!! Wtf!!!!!!
I have just picked up my f30 3 series dinan with 8k off the msrp from the dealer since bmw wants your business and want to compete against benz in the sale numbers. This is apparently not the case for gm

There is not a day that goes by without me checking every gm dealer inventory within the 100 miles of my location and guess what? Every single 1le that was for sale in dec is still sitting there. Surprise surprise.

To make matters worst private sales dont look so promising either as every single one of them are asking well above the kbb while owing more than 35k on their cars while the blue book suggest 31. No wonder all asking prices are hovering in the 35k range for cars with almost no tire life left and stone chips everywhere. Little they know that less than a year from now the market will be saturated with 1les and asking price will go down in high 20s

Sorry for the rant..... Im just so frusterated since ive been seriously iconsidering buying one but neither the dealers or private party budge and im not a sucker to make a decision now that i know ill be regreting 6 months from now. I guess ill buy myself another c6 z06 or mustang boss and keep calm until things make more sense
Teghogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:02 AM   #2
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Your whole statement rests on the fact that GM has built a "better" Camaro for 2016, if the 1LE is not continued (I don't think it will be) prices are not going down.....Look at what older 1le's bring. BMW's are great cars but the F30 was 13 SECONDS slower around VIR, so there is no comparison. Also the Dinan tune is suspect, so watch your AFM!
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:21 AM   #3
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Its too early in the year to be getting anything other than enough for a car cover and a tank of gas. Wait till the fall for chevy helping dealers unload old stock.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:37 AM   #4
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
It doesn't make sense to me to flood the dealers with gobs of incentive when the new Mustang has just been released, especially in winter months (for a sports car). I'm sure there will be more incentives down the road, especially as we get close to the releaese of 6th gen Camaro; it's just inevitable.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:45 AM   #5
Teghogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
It doesn't make sense to me to flood the dealers with gobs of incentive when the new Mustang has just been released, especially in winter months (for a sports car). I'm sure there will be more incentives down the road, especially as we get close to the releaese of 6th gen Camaro; it's just inevitable.

isn't that what the incentives are for?? to compete with a new version of your competitors product by providing potential savings for the customer.

the other point i don't get either. shouldn't there be more incentive during the colder parts of the year since the sales are way down?

as an example BMW offers their best deals on convertibles from nov-december as half the country will not have any use for them in the coming months. BMW z4 residual went up 10 % to 72% for 36 months 12 k a year to provide extra incentives for people that might have otherwise looked the other way. i leased my gf a z4 (msrp 54) for 320 a month out the door!
Old 02-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #6
Teghogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Your whole statement rests on the fact that GM has built a "better" Camaro for 2016, if the 1LE is not continued (I don't think it will be) prices are not going down.....Look at what older 1le's bring. BMW's are great cars but the F30 was 13 SECONDS slower around VIR, so there is no comparison. Also the Dinan tune is suspect, so watch your AFM!

there is no argument with the fact that the 1LE is a much much better handling car than the 3 series. that's why as soon as i test drove one i fell in love and constantly looking to buy one even thought i have never considered buying a camaro in the past. However the 1les acceleration is not that impressing to me. i personally do not feel any extra seat in the pants power when compared with my car (quarter mile times are 13 sec vs 12.9 ) but i dont care! i LOVE the recaros and i LOve the handling and I love the mean look of it ( after installing the z28 spoiler and diffuser of course) a
Old 02-04-2015, 10:12 AM   #7
SWAG1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE
I too love my 1LE. I am excited to see the GT350 in person though (that thing is sexy). Hopefully the 2016 LT4 equiped Camaro will be earth shattering for me to "upgrade"
Old 02-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
The Camaro outsold the Challenger last month by 399 Cars, also Camaro Sales were up 5.5% over January of last year in spite of the totally new Mustang and the Challenger refresh.
If you compare Camaro sales to Camaro sales, its not all that bleak, sales remain about normal for it.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #9
Kiteboarder85

Drives: 2018 SS - 2015 SS 1LE - 2013 SS
It would be higher if they made the 1LE/ZL1 during the winter! I had my order in for a 1LE for 5 weeks and just now found out that it won't be done til June/July.

I'm backing out of it and my dealer is looking for dealer trades now.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #10
Knt2000

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
I just bought mine last Sunday, brand new 2015 SS2 1LE. I got $1,250 rebate. plus I got another rebate for being a credit union member...$400
Knt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #11
YLWJKT

Drives: 2017 ZL1
You've got a new 435 HP Mustang, a very revamped Challenger with up to 485 NA, and Chevy is still offering the same old tired 426 HP SS it's been offering since 2010.
Add to that an allegedly "new and improved" Camaro on the horizon for next year, and most people won't be snapping up the base SS like hot cakes.
Now the "enhanced" models like the LE and ZL1 will be limited in production numbers this year, and will probably move well as the year moves on.
Everyone needs to remember we're still early in the year, and half of the country is still covered with snow. Let Spring peek out and the market for the LE's and ZL1's will be good, and there won't be a lot of reason to discount them. If you're looking for a really good deal on an LE I don't think Chevy is going to discount them any time soon.
YLWJKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:19 PM   #12
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
They have made around 2000 +- 1LE's a year from 2013-2015. The market is never going to be saturated with them, keep dreaming.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:33 PM   #13
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
And that coupled with my personal expectation of a 1le hiatus with the new gen6 release, I expect nothing but maybe a one off end of year clearance, if there are any 1le's to put on clearance. Chevy knows they can sell around 2500 of them a year with a few left over at end of year. They arent going to make 10000+ of them as the basic ss or rs are the money makers In quantity.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:24 PM   #14
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
They pulled all their 1Q sales into 2014 4Q with that 20% off stunt. Somebody made their numbers last quarter for the sake of this one.
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote