Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2016, 11:53 AM   #1
Sgtrod
 
Drives: Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 103
1LE Wheel touch up paint FOUND!

I searched high and low and tried a few different option to fix scratches on my 1LE/ZL1 wheels. As many of you know, GM does not offer touch up paint for these wheels.

Still working on whats the best technique but the color matches as close as I have been able to find. Here is the link to the paint.

https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-H.../dp/B002MB8TQ2


You guys know that the 1le/zl1 being wider makes it more likely to contact a curb...so if anyone tries it, please report back.

I will try to post up before and after pics but it will take a while as I didnt take pictures on the "test" rim. Will have to wait till I can do the next one.

If anyone tries it, please post feedback.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sgtrod; 12-03-2016 at 05:28 PM.
Sgtrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
CreeperRS

 
CreeperRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE NPP RECARO's
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,249
Nice. I was under the impression that it was a GM Black, with a matte clear coat! I'm curious if this will look better than stock?
__________________
Z/28 CAI, BW PTB, ARH S, JBA HFC, EE CC, XPEL, 3M Ceramic tint 55%F, 5%R, BlackVue DC, Escort Passport.

CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #3
Sgtrod
 
Drives: Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Nice. I was under the impression that it was a GM Black, with a matte clear coat! I'm curious if this will look better than stock?
If you have a z/28, your probably correct. Z/28 wheel is glossy, if im not mistaken.
Sgtrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:19 PM   #4
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL
 
CamaroDreams76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South West FL
Posts: 2,235
GBK with no clear matches very well if you have any chips
__________________
CamaroDreams76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 10:01 PM   #5
CreeperRS

 
CreeperRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE NPP RECARO's
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtrod View Post
If you have a z/28, your probably correct. Z/28 wheel is glossy, if im not mistaken.
Right,but, a gloss black with a flat matte clear coat will dull the gloss down. My wheels do look slight gloss under that clear coat.
__________________
Z/28 CAI, BW PTB, ARH S, JBA HFC, EE CC, XPEL, 3M Ceramic tint 55%F, 5%R, BlackVue DC, Escort Passport.

CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:47 PM   #6
Camaro Dude
and SLEDGE
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtrod View Post
I searched high and low and tried a few different option to fix scratches on my 1LE/ZL1 wheels. As many of you know, GM does not offer touch up paint for these wheels.

Still working on whats the best technique but the color matches as close as I have been able to find. Here is the link to the paint.

https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-H.../dp/B002MB8TQ2


You guys know that the 1le/zl1 being wider makes it more likely to contact a curb...so if anyone tries it, please report back.

I will try to post up before and after pics but it will take a while as I didnt take pictures on the "test" rim. Will have to wait till I can do the next one.

If anyone tries it, please post feedback.

Thanks!
subscribed
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:45 PM   #7
kayer32
 
Drives: White 2014 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Posts: 66
Yeah I will go look for this today actually. I have an extra set of 1LE wheels for the rear and just scratched one yesterday on one of those speed bumps and my kid's school. They have the ones that split in the middle and I road through it with the rear and scratched it. If I find some around here I'll be sure to let you know how it works.
kayer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.