Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #43
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
I found them for around $6 dollars each..TR6IX with the iridium core

http://www.amazon.com/NGK-Iridium-Sp.../dp/B000HDH1IY

Here is another place where they are 7.95 each...TR6IX
http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...oducts_id=9288

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
They are different plugs. TR6 is the regular plug. TR6IX is the intro level racing plug, the iridium one.

They have spark plugs that cost over $100 EACH and up from there.

- SK
I found them,TR6IX, for under $8 bucks in a bunch of places...you are paying to much my friend
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #44
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
That is like using Nitrogen in your tires instead of ambient air. Waste of money.
I usually put 78% nitrogen in my tires. I get it for free.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #45
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
except the fact that just because this part by itself nets you 10hp, and this other part by itself will net you 15hp, doesnt always mean that both of those parts installed together will net you 25hp.

as far as getting into the 11s... 200shot of nitrous will get you into the 11's.
150 shot should get i done as well
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #46
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post

I found them,TR6IX, for under $8 bucks in a bunch of places...you are paying to much my friend
Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #47
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
That is like using Nitrogen in your tires instead of ambient air. Waste of money.
What you call ambient air is 69% nitrogen anyway + 20.5% O2 and the balance is several inert gasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
They are different plugs. TR6 is the regular plug. TR6IX is the intro level racing plug, the iridium one.

They have spark plugs that cost over $100 EACH and up from there.

- SK
Iridium, I love this one. True iridium is a radioactive element. There may be very, very very trace amount but not enough to make any difference. Iridium is what is used to take industrial radiographs. It produces gamma rays, deadly to people in high exposures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I usually put 78% nitrogen in my tires. I get it for free.
Where do you even get 78% nitrogen? Certainly not from the air we breath and not from any welding supply.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #48
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
The True Believers crack me up. I'm referring to people who insist that these magical performance gain claims from snake-oil salesmen must have validity because the snake-oil salesmen said so. There's no way you're going to gain anything from fancy spark plugs or gasoline tinted in your favourite colour, but if you beLIEve hard enough that these products go beyond their marketing (i.e. a product people like the sound of) and you throw objectivity out the window, nothing is going to stop you from trying the irresistable product and then to prevent yourself from feeling like the fool you are, you go around telling people how much the product did for you, when in fact the only difference is you bought something. We like to have bragging rights, we'd all like to be the one who discovers some fantastic gains from some area seemingly no one has ever thought of before, we even want to be able to brag about our shopping skills and tell people this hail-mary actually worked after they'd all pooh-poohed it. These types of effects are more pronounced when it comes to application to complex mechanical systems, and we're more apt to suspend disbelief when we encounter outlandish claims when we're surrounded by so much other machinery we don't completely understand, because then the snake-oil salesman can, if he does it right, appear to be your inside man, your friend, not just some schmuck trying to get your money. All he has to do is pitch it in a "you're not gonna believe this, but I swear to you it's true" manner, and place things right upfront on his site where 'ordinary people' are doubting him, and generate this mystique of the True Believer, for whom miraculously, despite doubt and advice of expert others, the product actually delivers for him. The problem is that anyone can become a True Believer, and enjoy that feeling without spending a dime. If I talked a good enough talk and popped open your hood and messed around for ten minutes and then told you with a wide grin that I'd just yanked fifty horsepower out of my ass and teased it into your block, and you in turn thought I was a tuning mystic and placed me on a pedestal above all the other hacks out there, I can almost guarantee you that you'd FEEL that fifty asspower the moment you thought you should, and it would last until I told you the secret of my trick, that all I did under your hood was look important and busy and maybe spit a little.

I think these magic sparkplug people are hilarious, and while I think their trade is unethical, I only say that because they can't keep the True Believers they generate from trying to proselytize to other people who know it's BS. Even the dirtiest shade-tree mechanic fixes some problems, and thus earns his keep more or less fairly. It's when you do actual damage to the reputability of testable data and the reliability of people who actually know what they're talking about that I get mad, because then people come to places like this asking questions that simple, honest answers just won't cure.
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #49
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
What you call ambient air is 69% nitrogen anyway + 20.5% O2 and the balance is several inert gasses
Iridium, I love this one. True iridium is a radioactive element. There may be very, very very trace amount but not enough to make any difference. Iridium is what is used to take industrial radiographs. It produces gamma rays, deadly to people in high exposures.

Where do you even get 78% nitrogen? Certainly not from the air we breath and not from any welding supply.
you don't buy 78% you just figure it out yourself when your filling up your tires

just remember there i a certain amount of nitrogen that is the best percentage and that is right around 80 or so % because to much is not good because regular air will seep into the tire and no longer be beneficial and to little is just a waste because there isn't enough to make a difference
Old 07-22-2009, 12:04 AM   #50
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Geez who's talking about an 11 sec car? I just said I'm putting these plugs in and should get my self about 2 mpg more than I get now. 2x18...36 extra miles I'll take that cash and come out ahead in no time. good night>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #51
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
What you call ambient air is 69% nitrogen
[...]
Check your facts.
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary...earthfact.html
Quote:
Terrestrial Atmosphere
[...]
Atmospheric composition (by volume, dry air):
Major : 78.08% Nitrogen (N2), 20.95% Oxygen (O2),
Minor (ppm): Argon (Ar) - 9340; Carbon Dioxide (CO2) - 380
Neon (Ne) - 18.18; Helium (He) - 5.24; CH4 - 1.7
Krypton (Kr) - 1.14; Hydrogen (H2) - 0.55
Numbers do not add up to exactly 100% due to roundoff and uncertainty
Water is highly variable, typically makes up about 1%
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #52
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
The True Believers crack me up. I'm referring to people who insist that these magical performance gain claims from snake-oil salesmen must have validity because the snake-oil salesmen said so. There's no way you're going to gain anything from fancy spark plugs or gasoline tinted in your favourite colour, but if you beLIEve hard enough that these products go beyond their marketing (i.e. a product people like the sound of) and you throw objectivity out the window, nothing is going to stop you from trying the irresistable product and then to prevent yourself from feeling like the fool you are, you go around telling people how much the product did for you, when in fact the only difference is you bought something. We like to have bragging rights, we'd all like to be the one who discovers some fantastic gains from some area seemingly no one has ever thought of before, we even want to be able to brag about our shopping skills and tell people this hail-mary actually worked after they'd all pooh-poohed it. These types of effects are more pronounced when it comes to application to complex mechanical systems, and we're more apt to suspend disbelief when we encounter outlandish claims when we're surrounded by so much other machinery we don't completely understand, because then the snake-oil salesman can, if he does it right, appear to be your inside man, your friend, not just some schmuck trying to get your money. All he has to do is pitch it in a "you're not gonna believe this, but I swear to you it's true" manner, and place things right upfront on his site where 'ordinary people' are doubting him, and generate this mystique of the True Believer, for whom miraculously, despite doubt and advice of expert others, the product actually delivers for him. The problem is that anyone can become a True Believer, and enjoy that feeling without spending a dime. If I talked a good enough talk and popped open your hood and messed around for ten minutes and then told you with a wide grin that I'd just yanked fifty horsepower out of my ass and teased it into your block, and you in turn thought I was a tuning mystic and placed me on a pedestal above all the other hacks out there, I can almost guarantee you that you'd FEEL that fifty asspower the moment you thought you should, and it would last until I told you the secret of my trick, that all I did under your hood was look important and busy and maybe spit a little.

I think these magic sparkplug people are hilarious, and while I think their trade is unethical, I only say that because they can't keep the True Believers they generate from trying to proselytize to other people who know it's BS. Even the dirtiest shade-tree mechanic fixes some problems, and thus earns his keep more or less fairly. It's when you do actual damage to the reputability of testable data and the reliability of people who actually know what they're talking about that I get mad, because then people come to places like this asking questions that simple, honest answers just won't cure.

Thanks for the refreshing insight into the root causes behind all the hilarity and hype in this most comical and entertaining thread. This thread has inspired me to create a bogus Camaro performance product and sell it to the "True Believers" that Restroom has pegged so well.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #53
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post

My internet search skills are not strong. Thanks for the links.

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #54
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
The True Believers crack me up.

Did you even read what I posted?

How about this bet? I will buy both the ngk plugs and the pulstar plugs. Set the car up on the dyno, do a run, leave it strapped in there, put in the ngk plugs, do a run, leave it strapped in there and put in the pulstar plugs and do a run. 15 minutes between each run so that heat is not affecting the runs.

If the dyno records lower you get to laugh at me. If it records higher, you pay me for the cost of the plugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post

Thanks for the refreshing insight into the root causes behind all the hilarity and hype in this most comical and entertaining thread. This thread has inspired me to create a bogus Camaro performance product and sell it to the "True Believers" that Restroom has pegged so well.
RCFTW

Quote:

Gosh I did not know that. I was going to plate all my cutlery with it but I better not now. I better not put to many of them together or there might be a great big glowing gopher hole under my car! And watch out for that glowing watch on your arm, it might make you radioactive!

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #55
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
all i have ever heard the stock copper tops are the best for cars.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #56
Forrest

Drives: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post

Hey....I'm majoring in Quantam Physics, and I'm ALL about people believing and the fact it interferes with physics

The quantization of certain physical quantities, the uncertainty principle, and quantum entanglement is what I AM ALL ABOUT!
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote