Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-03-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
Noob10

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Leasing a 2017-18 Camaro ZL1

Has anyone leased one recently? I'm looking into getting into my very first Camaro and I'm thinking about the ZL1. Have always driven foreign, but the latest Camaro has got me looking twice when I see one on the road. Any info would be appreciated. Are they lease worthy? I'm thinking about leasing one because I'm still not sure if I want to own one in the long term. I've seen some deals on the ZL1 in my area. I've even seen brand new 2017's going for as low as 56k.
Noob10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:55 PM   #2
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
Prob. get better/more answers over at Camaro 6
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
05Goat

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Just buy it. Besides, then you will have to watch the mileage, make its in perfect condition or you might get taken to the cleaners by the dealer.
05Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:05 PM   #4
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
leasing cars is the biggest waste of money, your throwing money out of the window because have nothing on it buy it for 200-300 more a month and then you will have something to trade or sell
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:00 PM   #5
13coupe

Drives: Crystal Red 1SS Coupe 6spd manual
Check it out.
See what they want out of pocket.
Keep your lease in the warranty mileage and time frame. No worries about repairs just normal maintenance.
Then you don't have to worry about what it's worth when it's time to trade. Hmmm
13coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:45 AM   #6
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
leasing cars is the biggest waste of money, your throwing money out of the window because have nothing on it buy it for 200-300 more a month and then you will have something to trade or sell
I'm kind of torn on this. I guess it depends on the person's situation and use of the vehicle.

You lease something then just turn it in and get something else once the lease is up. No hassle with trade value or trying to sell a $56k car 3 years later for $20k. That's a $36k "loss" Leasing is perfect for people who want the latest and greatest since they can "trade" up with minimal hassle .

On the other hand, you buy a car outright and have something to show for it. This is perfect for people who don't plan on trading up IMO.

Again, this is all just my own opinion. I've never leased a vehicle but considering it for my daily since I usually get tired of cars pretty quickly.

Last edited by tstodii; 04-11-2018 at 09:46 AM. Reason: premature clickation
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #7
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
leasing is great if you want a new vehicle every couple years. If you are some one that constantly wants a new car, you will lose a lot more buying and selling every couple years.
ZL1 10 spokes,Dart 388,ECS Supercharger 2200x, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, Dart 388 , B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 4000 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Texas Speed Sheet Metal Intake, ECS Big Blower Cam,ID 1700s, Fore Triple Pumps, E85,ATI Super Dampner, KW V3 Coilovers, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 Rear Diff, RPM 6l90e level 10 Tranny, SW Long Tubes no cats,Nick Williams Boosted 102mm TB, Dr Phil Tune,Borla Atak
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #8
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
leasing cars is the biggest waste of money,
The same could be said for purchasing brand new cars anyway.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:40 PM   #9
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
I would recommend renting a car if you want to check it out. If you are a lease kinda person and don't drive much, go for the lease if you like it. I already put 12,000 miles on my car since November, I couldn't realistically lease anything even if I liked the idea. I like the concept of having a new car consistently, and just making payments... That being said I bought my base model SS gently used.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #10
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
The value of a new car drops every day. It's not an investment in any way, shape or form. Thus you should put as little money into it as possible. Leasing can be great, if the lease is a good deal. Add up all the monthly payments and the downpayment and see how much you're actually spending total. People who are flat out against leasing no matter what, don't understand leasing.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:17 PM   #11
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
The value of a new car drops every day. It's not an investment in any way, shape or form. Thus you should put as little money into it as possible. Leasing can be great, if the lease is a good deal. Add up all the monthly payments and the downpayment and see how much you're actually spending total. People who are flat out against leasing no matter what, don't understand leasing.
yup. I'd never leased before getting our '17 Cruze. Comparing it to the '09 malibu we bought new and sold 8.5 years and 157k (and 2 transmissions) later: The depreciation on bought vs sold price and taken by month... the malibu was almost 2x this cruze. If I figure by miles driven rather than month, the bu was almost 50% more than the cruze. If I add in the cost of repairs that I did on the bu, it makes buying look dumb. For daily drivers, if you can find a good deal on a lease, it can make a lot of sense. I have not touched the Cruze, and will only be on the hook for one oil change. Then turn it in and get something else.

Would I lease a Camaro for non-DD use? probably not...
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #12
hntrgthrs

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
The same could be said for purchasing brand new cars anyway.

I tend to think that buying a CPO is the happy medium.

I don't plan on buying new again and the cars I tend to buy don't normally have great lease deals. So the CPO route, for me, seems to be the best way to go.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #13
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
yup,ive been happy with mine.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #14
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
If you do not want to ‘own one long term’ leasing would absolutely be the best option. Especially a ZL1 with a high msrp. That’s why most people lease a Tahoe or Suburban, high msrp / residual value (same for luxury cars). Being in Florida you can drive it year round, you will have to be careful with the mileage. Most GM leases come with 12K miles per year (low monthly payments you see in ads are priced with 10,5K). I would recommend 12 or even price a 15K per year mileage lease. Better to get it up front vs pay .50 cents per mile when you turn it in.

Go out and price a ZL1 lease with just start-up fees (no money down my guess about $600 per month). Every $1K you put down usually lowers the monthly payment approx $20. G/L