Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-31-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
Jonesee20

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2011 Camaro SS rescued!!!

A friend of mine had a 2011 Camaro SS L99, bought it brand new. Fast forward to 2017, he had parked it in a field at the time it was mowed and maintained for a party he was having at his place. The next day the battery had died and he left it there for over 2 years. Well, I hunt his property and didn't realize that the Camaro was just pretty much rotting away until I seen it one day. Only 45,XXX miles on it. I offered $7000 if it would fire up once I put a new battery in it. Well, it fired up, pretty much all dash board lights came on.

Now it's my project car, had it scanned by a friend. I've replace some wiring harnesses in the engine bay(chewed from mice), detailed the interior and exterior, got a new hood, tires, rims, rotors and brakes. Bought a cold air inductions, stainless power LT headers, new plugs, fresh oil change and just ordered a SCT tuner. He already had a SLP loud mouth axle back exhaust on it. Still needs a front bumper and driver side front fender due to minor damage from a deer. In the next year or so I'll be taking it to Livernois Motorsport to get some more HP with their packages.

The only issues I'm having right now is the sunroof doesn't open and I have no sound from the speakers. Radio turns on and displays everything but no sound. I've checked fuses, for both radio and amp, check sunroof fuse and even replaced the switch. When my buddy scanned it and the codes came up both radio and sunroof. I'll post a picture, my buddy is going to take a look at it but he has been busy lately, might get to it next week.

I'll post progress of the restore from start to finish. Any input on those issues would be helpful.
Also, if you have any good upgrades outside of engine modifications that would be good.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jonesee20; 12-31-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Jonesee20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
What kind of a monster let’s a camaro rot in a field because of a dead battery??? Kind of not really just kidding! Congrats on the the new project, looks like you made out really well on that one!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
TF kind of Monster leaves an L99 V8 Camaro in a field for 2yrs because the battery died?? Something else has to be amiss but just speculating...

If all good and legit tho, congrats on the acquisition... she's a beauty.

Last edited by Spec; 12-31-2019 at 11:50 AM. Reason: eta; looks like Aqua Blue RS/SS thinking along the same lines...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:55 AM   #4
Jonesee20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
TF kind of Monster leaves an L99 V8 Camaro in a field for 2yrs because the battery died?? Something else has to be amiss but just speculating...

If all good and legit tho, congrats on the acquisition... she's a beauty.

I have had it 3 months now and no issues besides sunroof and no sound for radio. I have put around 2000 miles on it since buying and runs awesome. I have no idea why he would let it sit there, I am just glad I could take it off his hands. Since winter is already here in Michigan in now will sit in my garage, until i take it to Florida in about 3 weeks.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
Jonesee20

Here is the sunroof code. All codes have been cleared and these are the only 2 that came back radio and sunroof
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2019, 12:25 PM   #6
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
have you pulled the connectors off the amp and taken a look? I know some moisture can get in there and cause corrosion. May be the same for the BCM
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:00 PM   #7
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Nice save on the paint. This buddy of yours sounds like a rich guy with too much money.
You better not let him see the car now. He might want it back. lol!
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:08 PM   #8
Baseball
Baseball...and Chevrolet

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
You mentioned potentially taking it Livernois Motorsports. They did CAI, LT headers, and a tune for me. Very pleased with the results. Their garage is a muscle car fantasy camp.
Ecclesiastes 12:13
Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:29 PM   #9
Jonesee20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
Nice save on the paint. This buddy of yours sounds like a rich guy with too much money.
You better not let him see the car now. He might want it back. lol!
Let's just say at 18 he got a big inheritance and paid cash for the car brand new. I showed him the car after the wheels and tires got installed and after I took off all the green. He seemed happy that it was in good hands.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:31 PM   #10
Jonesee20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
have you pulled the connectors off the amp and taken a look? I know some moisture can get in there and cause corrosion. May be the same for the BCM
I did the above and still got nothing. I'm assuming maybe another chewed wire I can't find. I'm hoping when my friend takes it next week he can find the issue.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:32 PM   #11
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
What happened to the seats? Did he leave the windows down too? Some people just don’t appreciate what they have...
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:42 PM   #12
Jonesee20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball View Post
You mentioned potentially taking it Livernois Motorsports. They did CAI, LT headers, and a tune for me. Very pleased with the results. Their garage is a muscle car fantasy camp.
That's the plan, probably about a year out or so. I was looking at getting their 560 performance package, minus their CAI since I've got one.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:44 PM   #13
Jonesee20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
What happened to the seats? Did he leave the windows down too? Some people just don’t appreciate what they have...
Moisture got in there, took me a good week to clean and get the smell out. I think I used all the household remedies for the interior.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:58 PM   #14
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
You got a clean title for this too? If so, you not only got an amazing deal, but you did a great thing.

That car never deserved that. Very happy to see it in great hands.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote