Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #15
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
I like the Hurst shifter. Mine will have an 8-ball or a custom colored 6. The chrome intake though looks a little hokie. I think I would prefer color matched or red or just black.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:12 AM   #16
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I am gonna get them to put the original shifter in a box for me, and will see about swapping out the knob maybe, cause I think that white shifter ball looks like ass.
You might better check with your dealer on that expectation of getting your original parts back. I'm getting the Hurst STS, CAI, Catback, and Shroties prior to taking ownership of the car. When I asked if I was going to get all the factory parts that they would be removing from the car when they install all these options, I was quickly told that all original factory parts were going to be boxed up and sent back to the factory. I did specifically make a point to let my dealer know that I did want the original leather wrapped shifter nob to put on the Hurst STS assuming it has the same thread pattern and have not received confirmation on that yet. I was not all that pleased with this information but figured it is GM's car until I sign the papers and all this work would be done or at least agreed to prior to any formal deal/paper signing/fund transfer. I only asked these questions out of curiosity because what was I going to do with all the factory parts but store them somewhere and that is just not really that important to me. I was just hoping that maybe the $ would drop a little to compensate but I guess that was wishful thinking...

Last edited by Edrock; 01-28-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #17
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I am gonna get them to put the original shifter in a box for me, and will see about swapping out the knob maybe, cause I think that white shifter ball looks like ass.
What is all this strange talk about "swapping knobs" and "shifting white balls?"LMAO

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #18
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
LOL that's my new sig....thanks!
Use it well my friend. I heard that from an old trucker buddy of mine and it's stuck with me ever since.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #19
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
You might better check with your dealer on that expectation of getting your original parts back. I'm getting the Hurst STS, CAI, Catback, and Shroties prior to taking ownership of the car. When I asked if I was going to get all the factory parts that they would be removing from the car when they install all these options, I was quickly told that all original factory parts were going to be boxed up and sent back to the factory. I did specifically make a point to let my dealer know that I did want the original leather wrapped shifter nob to put on the Hurst STS assuming it has the same thread pattern and have not received confirmation on that yet. I was not all that pleased with this information but figured it is GM's car until I sign the papers and all this work would be done or at least agreed to prior to any formal deal/paper signing/fund transfer. I only asked these questions out of curiosity because what was I going to do with all the factory parts but store them somewhere and that is just not really that important to me. I was just hoping that maybe the $ would drop a little to compensate but I guess that was wishful thinking...
That's very interesting, and it does make sense since the removed parts are basically new. So, what does GM do with those parts, reinstall them on the next car coming down the line? It would make more sense to me to install those performance parts at the factory, saving shipping charges and the labor charge paid to the dealer for installing the LPO STS. I suppose they feel there's not enough demand for the performance parts to keep the inventory and stock the line with them.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #20
spd98

Drives: had a goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post
I'm going to get the GM CAI just because it looks so damn cool!! The Cat Back... not so much. It's nice to see that length of straight pipe though, that let's me know there's a good spot to put chambered resonators/mufflers if GMMG doesn't make a Chambered Cat Back for the 5th Gen.

BTW, TAG... have you heard anything about a GMMG setup? I remember reading something about you having something pending with them and Tom Henry. I emailed them a few weeks back and asked if they had plans for pipes for the 5th gen but never got a response.
Makes me wonder since most of thier people left and own/work another shop now. They may still be pulling double duty at both places though.
spd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #21
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
What is all this strange talk about "swapping knobs" and "shifting white balls?"LMAO
That should go right along with all the "Senior Member"s I think...

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #22
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
I like the white hurst shifter knob, however I would like the option to put the leather wrapped original shifter knob on if I so desire. I will have to ask my dealer if I will be getting the original shifter, or at least the knob when I pick up my car.
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote