Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #141
blackcam2ss

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #659
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
I like it bt I would be afraid of messing the paint up when I went to take it off. How do you remove it without screwing your paint up? I mean you have to make a slit somewhere right?
Its very simple to remover on the edges you rub on it and it peals off fairly simple
blackcam2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #142
blackcam2ss

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
So how did you do ? How much are you digging your car, I know you had a lot of mod plans out of the box.
Love this car and it’s been nothing but fun since i picked it up, i done all the mods I wanted and this week I’m drooping it off to the a cam and ported blower! We have to meet up!!
blackcam2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #143
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
though i wouldnt do it, i think it looks good. Good work

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #144
whiteknight012

Drives: 2011 CAMARO RS (1LT) CGM/BLK
Honestly, I like it. I probably would have done more black accents (bowtie, ZL1 badge, etc) to offset the matte look, but overall it looks sweet. Batmobile status.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #145
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Looks awesome!
Is there any special prep you did to ensure it adheres to the paint well?
Is it really easy to peel off?
I think someone else asked.. over time will it harm the finish at all??
Thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #146
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_GEN_SS View Post
Looks awesome!
Is there any special prep you did to ensure it adheres to the paint well?
Is it really easy to peel off?
I think someone else asked.. over time will it harm the finish at all??
Thanks!
Just make sure the paint is clean, it sets pretty well on the paint usually.

It is easy to peel off, IF you put it on thick, if it's on thin it tends to break and be a pain to remove.

I have read some about it harming the finish of the paint, but I really think that was people having trouble removing the plastidip and scratching their paint, just be smart if and when you remove it
Old 12-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #147
Ben Herman
Wired SS

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 Camaro, 2012 ZL1
LOOKS LIKE CRAP!
Ben Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #148
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
I bet some people are bashing Plasti-Dip just because it's so darn cheap and has the letters "plasti" in it.

These are the same people who would look at something worth $15 and think it is super cool and classy if it has a $200 price tag and a brand name slapped on it.
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #149
blakechase

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
So what's the point of having a painted car when you don't show it? Most people agree it looks cheap and useless, on a GT-R or ZL1, if you do it to your v6 nobody would care. So feel free.
so disrespectful
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #150
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
Does it stay on at 180???!!!
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #151
blakechase

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
i am a professional plastidip installer and i am disgusted by the disrespect shown in this thread, plastidip, rather rubber dip is a great product and alternative to vinyl wrapping. I do believe they did not do as smooth of a job that i would do, but still don't hate until you know. it does not ruin the car, it does not damage the paint job in anyway, and it is 100% removable. It is not an alternative to a paint job, and here are some uses i feel are great: you are going to the track and a clear bra is too expensive, just spray the desired panels with a clear coat of rubber dip; you want to temporarily change the color of your car for a show; you want to be creative and mess around with your car, without doing anything permanent. For you who are saying its ugly and ruined a great car, thats the great thing about rubber dip, again, YOU CAN PEEL IT OFF IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, well that is if the owner doesnt like it. Who cares what you guys think. here are some pics of my personal 2010 camaro in matte white rubber dip. i just dont like how people are being disrespectful to this owner when they know nothing about the product. If anyone has questions about the product and would like to learn, rather than hate, feel free to give me a call 310 980 1641

Old 12-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #152
Asian Zero

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakechase View Post
i am a professional plastidip installer and i am disgusted by the disrespect shown in this thread, plastidip, rather rubber dip is a great product and alternative to vinyl wrapping. I do believe they did not do as smooth of a job that i would do, but still don't hate until you know. it does not ruin the car, it does not damage the paint job in anyway, and it is 100% removable. It is not an alternative to a paint job, and here are some uses i feel are great: you are going to the track and a clear bra is too expensive, just spray the desired panels with a clear coat of rubber dip; you want to temporarily change the color of your car for a show; you want to be creative and mess around with your car, without doing anything permanent. For you who are saying its ugly and ruined a great car, thats the great thing about rubber dip, again, YOU CAN PEEL IT OFF IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, well that is if the owner doesnt like it. Who cares what you guys think. here are some pics of my personal 2010 camaro in matte white rubber dip. i just dont like how people are being disrespectful to this owner when they know nothing about the product. If anyone has questions about the product and would like to learn, rather than hate, feel free to give me a call 310 980 1641

Looks sick
I didnt know how i felt about white plastidip but now i am tempted to start messing around with it.
Asian Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #153
lopoetve

Drives: 2001 Firebird Formula, 2011 Triumph
blakechase, yours looks FAR cleaner than the first one, which is what I expect many of the complaints were.
lopoetve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #154
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakechase View Post
For you who are saying its ugly and ruined a great car, thats the great thing about rubber dip, again, YOU CAN PEEL IT OFF IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, well that is if the owner doesnt like it. Who cares what you guys think. here are some pics of my personal 2010 camaro in matte white rubber dip. i just dont like how people are being disrespectful to this owner when they know nothing about the product. If anyone has questions about the product and would like to learn, rather than hate...
You did a good job with the white and black chin spoiler. Looks great. I agree folks shouldn't disrespect the op but I didn't see many replies with folks doing that.

Dude, relax.
I don't like it as it looks like black/grey primer and not even a flat black. But not liking it doesn't mean I'm being disrespectful. "Who cares what you guys think?". The OP posted for opinions. So he's got some. Don't know the guy. Maybe he simply wants to know what people think. Not hatin on the guy. Lot of folks know he can take all that rubber off if he didn't like it but sounds like he does.

No biggie.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote