Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 11-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #29
firefighter 2SS

Drives: 2010 ABM camaro
count me in
firefighter 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #30
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
Dudes, I vote for a place where we can have a few beers.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #31
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie1978 View Post
Dudes, I vote for a place where we can have a few beers.
If we could get an ISU lot, and in particular the one mentioned, we should be able to drink, because that is the parking lot for the football field where all the tailgaiting goes on, so if the school will help out, and let us use that lot, I don't see that being a problem...

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #32
al ball

Drives: blk ls3
I will make it. black SS 6m, one hour south of Bloomington,
al ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #33
Augie1978

I am an ISU alumn so could help make some calls. Also I know the guy that owns Winners Lounge on South Main. Another idea would be to have this one or a seperate complete Central Illinois get together in Lincoln at the fair grounds which would be a central location for Bloomington, Peoria, Springield, Decatur.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #34
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by al ball View Post
I will make it. black SS 6m, one hour south of Bloomington,
NICE!

Alright, I may need someone to help remind me, but when I head back down to ISU next week, I plan on going to parking and transpo to talk with them about doing this in the G73 lot (next to Turner Hall, Hancock Stadium, on Main Street). I am also going to send them an e-mail regarding the plan. I plan on doing this sometime this week, looking to do it by Wednesday.

What I plan on mentioning in the message is:
-that we would like to host a Camaro meet,
-wondering if we could use the G73 lot to host the event.
-Mention that current ISU and ISU alumn will be in attendance.
-Shooting for a Saturday in April-May.
-Open to anyone who wants to attend
-We ask that only 5th Gen Camaro's participate in event, but any welcome to come and admire these beautiful vehicles
- Will alcohol be allowed at the event?
-
-
-
-
-

And any other things you feel I should mention, or take out, please let me know. I will write up a draft possibly tomorrow, definitely by Wednesday morning, and will post it in here to see what everyone thinks before I go sending it to them Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Old 11-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #35
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
I am an ISU alumn so could help make some calls. Also I know the guy that owns Winners Lounge on South Main. Another idea would be to have this one or a seperate complete Central Illinois get together in Lincoln at the fair grounds which would be a central location for Bloomington, Peoria, Springield, Decatur.
That sounds like a plan as well. An idea I have, stemming from that is that we have this one at ISU in spring, provided they approve and let us and another in the Fall in Lincoln at the fair grounds.... Just a thought...

Old 11-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #36
Augie1978

Make sure to ask if they will allow brewskies on ISU property.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #37
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Make sure to ask if they will allow brewskies on ISU property.
added! How did I forget about the alchy!?

Old 11-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #38
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
That would be awesome, a Camaro tailgate BBQ.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #39
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
That would be awesome, a Camaro tailgate BBQ.
YES IT WOULD!!! And if I let the school know, more than just parking and transpo, they will likely pitch in for something like that as well... Especially since there will be quite a few alumns there....

Old 11-29-2009, 11:07 PM   #40
BOETIE

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 Speed Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by marley. View Post
March is a little too early man. There could potentially still be snow falling. I would say shoot for April or May. A lot of guys wont even have summer wheels back on by March. As far as places to have it you should try and work with a business that is down with letting us use some of their lot. When I used to have my Charger we once held a huge meet at the Interstate Center but that involved an entry fee. Honestly I think we could make this thing really huge because it would be a great centerpoint for a Midwest meet. I want to go to Georgia but 14 hours sounds like too far to drive. If there are others thinking the same thing then we could make this the Midwest meet.
I agree with ya man,March around here can be a real crapshoot....April or May really would be better...and ya want it to be warm enough to hang out.I will definately try to pull it off !
Old 11-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #41
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOETIE View Post
I agree with ya man,March around here can be a real crapshoot....April or May really would be better...and ya want it to be warm enough to hang out.I will definately try to pull it off !
Yea, I agree. I will go ahead and draft that e-mail to the Parking and Transportation office here tomorrow, post it hopefully before about 6pm, see what everyone has to say and then send the e-mail and go talk to them in their offices Tuesday. Shooting for, I would say mid-April - beginning of May... Once I get a hold of the Parking and Transportation people, I will look at setting a date, try and see whats best for them, the school, and everyone here...

Old 11-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #42
nhra stocker

Drives: 69,10 camaro 71 chevelle
Count me in !
nhra stocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bloomington-normal il, camaro, meet