Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 11-30-2009, 11:28 PM   #43
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Alright guys, this is what I plan on sending the Parking and transpo people here at ISU to hopefully let us have the event on property... Let me know what you think and if I should change anything...

Quote:
Parking and Transportation Office,
This email is in regards to an event I would like to host in one of the parking lots, specifically the G37 lot this coming spring. With the release of the new 2010 Camaro, many people have become very interested in the vehicle as well as those who currently own them, having done many modifications to them. With the schools location being a central location not only for the state of IL, but also for the Midwest region, I feel this would be a great location to host an event to bring more awareness to the Camaro, as well as to bring them out and let people see them in person, rather than just driving by them or seeing them at a dealership. There will be a few ISU Alumni in attendance with their 2010 Camaro’s as well as a few current students. We would ask that only 2010 Camaro’s participate in the event, provided you do allow us to do this. However, anyone is welcome to attend the event to view the vehicles. We are currently shooting for a weekend in mid-April through the beginning of May, but have yet to set a date in hopes of receiving word on if we would be allowed to use the G37 lot. We were also wondering if we would be allowed to have alcohol present during the event or not. There are currently 13 people who said they would bring their vehicles to the event, and this is with it only being an idea at this point, with no set date. With a confirmation of location, a date, and as more people in the area start receiving their Camaro’s this may turn out to be a good sized event.
Thank You,
David D. Olson
Camaro5.com members
Chicago 5th Gen Car Club (2010 Camaro Car Club)

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 PM   #44
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Dave, If hey they say no, look at Famous Daves accross from the Chevy Dealer. I will call the dealer and see if they can help Sponsor the meet! We should and or may be able to get them to let us have some space as it will bring a lot of traffic to the Lot. Need to check how much room they have.... FD and tailgating..hummm sounds good to me.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:00 AM   #45
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
Dave, If hey they say no, look at Famous Daves accross from the Chevy Dealer. I will call the dealer and see if they can help Sponsor the meet! We should and or may be able to get them to let us have some space as it will bring a lot of traffic to the Lot. Need to check how much room they have.... FD and tailgating..hummm sounds good to me.
Yea, that's my 2nd choice, I will try to remember to get pictures of the lots tomorrow and post them.

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Old 12-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #46
BOETIE

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 Speed Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
Yea, that's my 2nd choice, I will try to remember to get pictures of the lots tomorrow and post them.
Dave, woe Dude....I think if you mention alcohol it will put the kabosh on it right quick,because of liability issues....its just a thought.
I think to pull this off it definitely needs to be on private property...such as a restuarant,pub,auto parts place,maybe even a Chevy dealer....but they might put the screws to beer too.....
Goin forward,beer needs to be on the sneak I think,in discrete containers and maintain our good since and not get wasted and start doing burnouts and set ourselves up for trouble.....
This would be good if we can pull this off and be able to due it again...
but with dignity and a hell of alot of class !!....after all this is 5 s reputation here......
Old 12-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #47
Baumer

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS, 00 Pontiac Grand Am
I'm in for sure.
2000: 8/3/09
3000: 8/5/09 TPW 8/31
3300: 8/25/09
3400: 8/27/09
3800: 9/3/09 VIN 2G1FT1EW9A9142965
4000: 9/4/09
4200: 9/4/09
5000: 9/8/09
6000: 9/11/09 OH YEAH!!!!!!!
Baumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #48
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOETIE View Post
Dave, woe Dude....I think if you mention alcohol it will put the kabosh on it right quick,because of liability issues....its just a thought.
I think to pull this off it definitely needs to be on private property...such as a restuarant,pub,auto parts place,maybe even a Chevy dealer....but they might put the screws to beer too.....
Goin forward,beer needs to be on the sneak I think,in discrete containers and maintain our good since and not get wasted and start doing burnouts and set ourselves up for trouble.....
This would be good if we can pull this off and be able to due it again...
but with dignity and a hell of alot of class !!....after all this is 5 s reputation here......
Well, my thoughts are that they use this lot for tailgating for the football games, so that shouldn't be a problem, and it is private property... But I am just using it as a question so that we know if we can or not. But if more people feel it should not be mentioned, I will take it out. Again, its only in there as a question, they can say yes or no, so I don't really see how it would be a problem...

Old 12-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #49
BOETIE

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 Speed Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
Well, my thoughts are that they use this lot for tailgating for the football games, so that shouldn't be a problem, and it is private property... But I am just using it as a question so that we know if we can or not. But if more people feel it should not be mentioned, I will take it out. Again, its only in there as a question, they can say yes or no, so I don't really see how it would be a problem...
Me thinks its better to leave it out and for us to just be cool about it....alcohol gives them a reason to poo poo it.

Dave , is there a park aroung that maybe has pavilions with an adjacient parking lot ?and the Pavilions usually can be booked in advance ?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #50
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
I'd be in for a drive. Be cool to see some of you northern folk!!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #51
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
I will post this on the Indy thread to get some interest up in Hoosier land. There are people wanting to meet as well when it gets warm again.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53232
wer2foxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #52
Hanzo

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS LS3
I'd be up for it in the spring!
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:10 AM   #53
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
add me to the list. I'm interested for a great weekend get together.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #54
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Alright guys, I took some pics of the possible locations today... I forgot my camera, so I took them with my phone so not the best Quality... Uploading them to photobucket now and will post when done...

Here they go.. (Click the names for albums... I didn't want to fill the page with pictures...)

This is the ISU Parking Lot we are hoping for!

This is the 2nd Lot (Famous Dave's across from Leman's Chevy City)

And Here is the 3rd lot (there are 2 areas, the first is closer to Veterans Parkway)

Last edited by Dave_O; 12-02-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #55
Hanzo

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS LS3
I'll vote for the old Kay's Merchandise parking lot. Huge and empty parking lot. Ruby Tuesday and Outback there for a couple drinks. I don't know who you have to contact for an okay but dealers use it in the summer. Plus, if anyone needs some parts, Advance Auto and AutoZone are right across the street.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #56
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
I'll vote for the old Kay's Merchandise parking lot. Huge and empty parking lot. Ruby Tuesday and Outback there for a couple drinks. I don't know who you have to contact for an okay but dealers use it in the summer. Plus, if anyone needs some parts, Advance Auto and AutoZone are right across the street.
That's the thing, there are signs up saying Private Lot all over the place for that one, which is the ONLY reason I have it as the last choice. The ISU lot will get more people walking around and stopping to look and get interested in the Camaro, especially if we can do it while school is still in session!

The Famous Dave's lot is also big, with Leman's Chevy right across the street. Depending on what the school says, I already emailed them, so, will decide and talk to the other two places once I get word from the school...

Tags
bloomington-normal il, camaro, meet