Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 02-09-2018, 08:26 AM   #15
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
so far 2k miles and almost a year old of owning the car (car was built in 16)
Old 02-09-2018, 08:59 AM   #16
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Wonder if there is any correlation with this failure between certain geological climate zones and being garaged verses not garaged?
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:30 AM   #17
driven2exceSS

Well I just looked... I have a small <2" spot "brewing" on the passenger side vertical edge. No need to add a Pic, looks the same, besides the reflection was horrible! Here is another thread on this, also with Pics: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500473. I will probably wait to address this once it gets worse.
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 02-13-2018, 01:40 PM   #18
Godfatha

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black Convertible
Had a glass guy look at it while I was getting X-pel put on, and he said the entire convertible top had to be replaced. Was hoping for a $200 fix but it's going to end up being $2,000. I may try to address the issue myself with some glue. Worst that can happen is having to replace the top anyway.
Godfatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #19
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfatha View Post
Had a glass guy look at it while I was getting X-pel put on, and he said the entire convertible top had to be replaced. Was hoping for a $200 fix but it's going to end up being $2,000. I may try to address the issue myself with some glue. Worst that can happen is having to replace the top anyway.
So you were unable to have this covered under GM warranty?!?? Are you not the original owner?
Old 02-13-2018, 03:55 PM   #20
Godfatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
So you were unable to have this covered under GM warranty?!?? Are you not the original owner?
I am the original owner, but am past the 36k miles unfortunately.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:44 PM   #21
driven2exceSS

Old 02-13-2018, 08:27 PM   #22
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfatha View Post
I am the original owner, but am past the 36k miles unfortunately.
How far past? I would contact GM and ask them to look at it. They know they have a problem with them. Maybe they will goodwill it for you as a valued Camaro owner.

I had a Chrysler Lebaron once that had the door hinge mounts collapse inside the door because they didnt make the metal thick enough. Was a known issue. That car was showroom clean but a couple years out of warranty. I was in Florida and dropped by the Chrysler offices - asked for someone in upper management. Dont remember who it was, but I believe it was one of their VPs that came out to talk to me. Walked him out and showed him the car - he even commented on how good it looked - then I opened the driver door and it almost hit the ground. Had a call from my dealer in TN before the end of that day telling me to bring it in to have the door replaced when I got back from Florida.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #23
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I think I would talk to a dealer anyway. If it's a common problem, maybe there is a service bulletin on it. Worth a try.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:39 PM   #24
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
There is a service bulletin on it, but like my dealer I had to tell them! The they told me oh we have 1 or 2 that look this on our lot for sale!! WOW.

If others are still way under warranty wait until the end and get a new top for free.
Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:50 PM   #25
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Warranty for these new tops is 1 year or until the end of the 36,000 mile warranty period; whichever comes first.
So, don't wait any longer than 35,000 miles.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:40 AM   #26
JoeGSr

Drives: 2017 LS Convertible
Hi All

Looking to purchase a new 2017 LS convertible and this is what the rear window looks like. The car is under cover so hopefully no water damage but I can't believe the dealer is letting it sit on the lot like this (let alone how freakin' dirty it is).

Anyway, I've been looking for the TSB which covers replacing the top but can't find it. From what I've been reading replacing the top is the only solution. Right?

Thanks in advance

Joe
Attached Images

JoeGSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:36 PM   #27
Godfatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGSr View Post
Hi All

Looking to purchase a new 2017 LS convertible and this is what the rear window looks like. The car is under cover so hopefully no water damage but I can't believe the dealer is letting it sit on the lot like this (let alone how freakin' dirty it is).

Anyway, I've been looking for the TSB which covers replacing the top but can't find it. From what I've been reading replacing the top is the only solution. Right?

Thanks in advance

Joe
That's what I've been told. I was hoping to get a glass guy to fix it for a couple hundred bucks but was told by everyone I took it to (dealer, glass guy, etc.) that it required replacing the top, which set me back $2k.

I would not buy it if the dealer has not replaced the top.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #28
guitarscientist

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
for anyone that has had their top replaced, did they have to take apart the interior at all? and if so, how well was it put back together?