Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #239
Georgianne
 
Georgianne's Avatar
 
Drives: chevys
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gaithersburg
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Well, it would be REALLY cool to have 5.1, but I think that would be going away from what GM's main goal is...less weight. I'd love 5.1...LOVE IT....since I'm a huge home theater buff, etc.
Perhaps as option?
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #240
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,627
^Would be nice! I don't mind a little extra weight at all for the goodies!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #241
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,852
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You know...the more and more I look at that thing on top of the dash the more and more it looks (to me) like a speaker, as was mentioned......It sort of slopes down into the dash, "disappearing" if you will.

hmm.......That would be a first for me!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #242
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast
 
acscamarochick06's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Here's a question for 'ya, buddy....

No details, now (unless you want to). But - does the Camaro have to worry about competitors with Integrated Nav units? I trust you get my drift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Better yet^^^...camero, what kind of sound systems do you like? What brand?? If you catch my drift...

Here's one: What kind of engine do you really prefer in your muscle car? And what are your top, oh, say 10 color choices on a muscle car? If ya get MY drift!
__________________
acscamarochick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #243
SSmoked

 
SSmoked's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: O' Canada
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You know...the more and more I look at that thing on top of the dash the more and more it looks (to me) like a speaker, as was mentioned......It sort of slopes down into the dash, "disappearing" if you will.

hmm.......That would be a first for me!
imo it looks like a window de-froster.
__________________
SSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #244
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
+1. If they can keep the top-dog near that range, that would be sweet. I always told myself I wanted to go all out on this car because I've never bought a new car, but I'm a little conflicted about the options that I want since I'm a speed demon
I'm the same way. I want to get the best performance out of whatever model I get, but I'm also tempted to load it up with goodies as it will be my daily driver.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #245
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,852
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
imo it looks like a window de-froster.
That's what I though, at first - and this might just be me - but it seems too far away from the windshielf to be a defroster, and if you look closely - can you see something behind the feature-in-question? Doesn't that look more like a defroster??
I think I'm just nuts...can you see what I'm talking about, or is it me?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #246
Pencil.Fight
 
Pencil.Fight's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 Mustang
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 689
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
If Camero says it's a speaker, I'd be willing to bet that's exactly what it is. He's gone through his period of skepticism, and everything he's said has been right on the money.

Now, I will believe everything he says until such time as I have reason not to.

That being said... there is absolutely no reason to have 5.1 surround sound in a car that doesn't have a kick-ass stereo! I really can't wait to see what we get in that area.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
"Some legends just live in your dreams, others never let you sleep!"
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #247
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,852
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
That being said... there is absolutely no reason to have 5.1 surround sound in a car that doesn't have a kick-ass stereo! I really can't wait to see what we get in that area.
You sparked one of my brain cells, Pencil. And that is VERY hard to do!

Wasn't it 'rumored' that this beauty will get a never-before-seen-in-a-GM-car stereo system? Supposed to be Kick-a$$!?!?

hmmmmm.....makes you wonder.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #248
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 24,975
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
If Camero says it's a speaker, I'd be willing to bet that's exactly what it is. He's gone through his period of skepticism, and everything he's said has been right on the money.

Now, I will believe everything he says until such time as I have reason not to.

That being said... there is absolutely no reason to have 5.1 surround sound in a car that doesn't have a kick-ass stereo! I really can't wait to see what we get in that area.
Yeah, but designers can do strange things. Such as? The Aztec. Now I'm sure that thay guy got fired from GM (I think he was hired by Dodge, look at the Caliber). I just brought this up to illustrate what can happen when designers loose touch with reality.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #249
Pencil.Fight
 
Pencil.Fight's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 Mustang
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 689
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yeah, but designers can do strange things. Such as? The Aztec. Now I'm sure that thay guy got fired from GM (I think he was hired by Dodge, look at the Caliber). I just brought this up to illustrate what can happen when designers loose touch with reality.
I understand what you're getting at, but there's no way you can compare this car to the Aztec. This car is being designed, tested, built, and managed by Camaro enthusiasts. They're not going to do anything to hurt it.

I can see a lot of the little extras that we've been hinted to about going away due to the latest rumors of price issues. GM realizes that the pricing of this car is going to be far more important than including an over-the-top stereo or integrated Nav system. Granted, many of us would gladly pay extra for those features, but there just aren't enough of "us" to keep this car alive for the next 30+ years.

I know it's been said a thousand times before , but there a bunch of things I would love to see this car come with, but none of them mean a thing if I can't afford the car when it hits the showroom floor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
"Some legends just live in your dreams, others never let you sleep!"
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #250
SSmoked

 
SSmoked's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: O' Canada
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
That's what I though, at first - and this might just be me - but it seems too far away from the windshielf to be a defroster, and if you look closely - can you see something behind the feature-in-question? Doesn't that look more like a defroster??
I think I'm just nuts...can you see what I'm talking about, or is it me?
actully ur right it looks to be a speaker, and behide it i can see a longer more skinner hole which is probly a window de-froster. looks like this car is going to have a kick a$$ stereo system
__________________
SSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #251
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me
 
GothamCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NW Gotham, IL
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
actully ur right it looks to be a speaker, and behide it i can see a longer more skinner hole which is probly a window de-froster. looks like this car is going to have a kick a$$ stereo system

Guys... I'm starting to see it too... wow that would be a great surprise to get a hot stereo system! Great.. just another part of the Camaro that I can't wait for....
__________________
Own- "Does it come in Black?" Exterior/ Grey Interior 2LT/RS Automatic
_____________________________________
The Batman would only drive a 2010 Camaro and buy from Camaro Scotty. 'Nuff said.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #252
Dark Eric
 
Dark Eric's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Newark, NJ
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Yes, we all want steering wheel controls (I think that's what those triangular things are on the two side spokes. (room for controls)

Anyways....but don't we also all want an airbag to protect us from those ~400 horses should something go wrong?
Well maybe they should make the wheel look more like the CTS-V or the 350Zs then; but with Camaro written up there:

http://cars.about.com/od/nissan/ig/2...Z-interior.htm





This makes the prototype car's wheel, though unfinished, look like crap. The wheel is the one thing they CAN make exactly like the Concept; but with steering wheel controls and even with the airbag, it could look nice and neat like the 350-Zs wheel.
__________________

Last edited by Dark Eric; 02-07-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Dark Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.