#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-02-2017, 09:29 PM   #15
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
The ATS-V comes as a 2 door and a 4 door. The 4 door might be easier with city parking. Trunk size is the same between the cars but the trunk opening is much bigger on the Caddy. Both cars come as a manual or automatic, 8 speed with the Caddy and 10 speed on the ZL1. Both use premium gas but the Caddy's V6 should be a little bit better with just city driving. Both have Recaro seats but they are an option with the Caddy and the Caddy's Recaros Are not cooled seats. The ZL1's Recaros are standard and are heated and cooled. There is a 200 HP difference between the two cars. There is a difference in the My Link system used in the Chevy and the Cue system in the Caddy. Most people have found the Cue system a little more complicated to use. I would spend some time in each car to see which one might fit your needs best.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:29 PM   #16
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogsoc52 View Post
OK "Old Fart," that was good...Not that "type" of ministry...I go to the homeless, prostitutes, drug addicts, vets, etc...I DO NOT preach....My ministry is simply to help them get to a better place, so that THEY can decide what path they want to take...I build bridges (figuratively), not sermons....My apologies to anyone for not expaining that earlier...DO NOT get me started on 90 percent of "preachers" out there.
Im thinking that using either car while visiting that type of clientele is going to get you very acquainted with the local Po-Po.......just saying

Maybe shop for a 1969 Ford F-250 and just turn the top of the air cleaner upside down for affect.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #17
mogsoc52

Drives: None, for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Coming from a 13 ZL1, the 17 ZL1 is not as low in the front.
-bobby
That is VERY good to know...Driving in Las Vegas is one thing. Driving in San Francisco or New York, VERY different.
mogsoc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:45 PM   #18
mogsoc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
The ATS-V comes as a 2 door and a 4 door. The 4 door might be easier with city parking. Trunk size is the same between the cars but the trunk opening is much bigger on the Caddy. Both cars come as a manual or automatic, 8 speed with the Caddy and 10 speed on the ZL1. Both use premium gas but the Caddy's V6 should be a little bit better with just city driving. Both have Recaro seats but they are an option with the Caddy and the Caddy's Recaros Are not cooled seats. The ZL1's Recaros are standard and are heated and cooled. There is a 200 HP difference between the two cars. There is a difference in the My Link system used in the Chevy and the Cue system in the Caddy. Most people have found the Cue system a little more complicated to use. I would spend some time in each car to see which one might fit your needs best.
Interesting...Still leaning towards ZL1, but got to give both an equal shot...Thanks.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:48 PM   #19
mogsoc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
Im thinking that using either car while visiting that type of clientele is going to get you very acquainted with the local Po-Po.......just saying

Maybe shop for a 1969 Ford F-250 and just turn the top of the air cleaner upside down for affect.
I am former, how did you say, Po Po...You never should start doing inner city work without getting to know local LEOs. However, better to rent room close to my "clientele" and walk amongst daily. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:45 AM   #20
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I would recommend getting the ZL1 for yourself and then getting a beater car/SUV for your work. When I think "city" I see potholes, tight parking, random people walking around, etc. I wouldn't want my brand new $70K ZL1 in that type of environment. Once in a while is ok. But not all day every day. Trust me, you're gonna come out to see dings, finger prints, smudges, etc all over your car. And every time you park and see someone pulling up next to your car you're gonna have anxiety. If your choice is between the Caddy and the ZL1, then I would go with the Caddy. Or something like an Altima that attract less attention. But if you do have the option, then get the ZL1 and then throw another $2K towards a used Blazer or Explorer. I have my ZL1 and a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee...and there are some places I will not drive my ZL1 to.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:59 AM   #21
mogsoc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I would recommend getting the ZL1 for yourself and then getting a beater car/SUV for your work. When I think "city" I see potholes, tight parking, random people walking around, etc. I wouldn't want my brand new $70K ZL1 in that type of environment. Once in a while is ok. But not all day every day. Trust me, you're gonna come out to see dings, finger prints, smudges, etc all over your car. And every time you park and see someone pulling up next to your car you're gonna have anxiety. If your choice is between the Caddy and the ZL1, then I would go with the Caddy. Or something like an Altima that attract less attention. But if you do have the option, then get the ZL1 and then throw another $2K towards a used Blazer or Explorer. I have my ZL1 and a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee...and there are some places I will not drive my ZL1 to.
As I stated earlier (I think?), I don't have a home so one vehicle is ALL I can take with me...Having lived in the city most all my life, I know your points are quite valid...The car would be parked while doing ministry, and I would walk a good bit...Isn't is something that we have come to the point where a Camaro would draw as much, or more, ire than a Cadillac....my my y.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:13 AM   #22
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
OK "Old Fart," that was good...Not that "type" of ministry...I go to the homeless, prostitutes, drug addicts, vets, etc...I DO NOT preach....My ministry is simply to help them get to a better place, so that THEY can decide what path they want to take...I build bridges (figuratively), not sermons....My apologies to anyone for not expaining that earlier...DO NOT get me started on 90 percent of "preachers" out there.
Do what makes you happy, which I believe is the ZL-1. Life is short, make the best of it while you have the chance. Also, thanks for your commitment to help others
Old 06-03-2017, 07:21 AM   #23
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
As I stated earlier (I think?), I don't have a home so one vehicle is ALL I can take with me...Having lived in the city most all my life, I know your points are quite valid...The car would be parked while doing ministry, and I would walk a good bit...Isn't is something that we have come to the point where a Camaro would draw as much, or more, ire than a Cadillac....my my y.
Seems like you were pretty much set on the ZL1 from the start. My advice was only out of concern because I know how careless others are when it comes to vehicles that aren't their's. Trust me, a ZL1, ANY Camaro (even a base model), attracts way more attention than a Cadillac will. If you really do want the ZL1 then I say go for it. You will enjoy it that is for sure. These LT4 engines are thirsty so take fuel consumption into consideration. Good luck man. BTW, I know how it feels to work hard your entire life and finally get to where you can buy yourself something awesome. So just for that, I say treat yourself to exactly what you want and don't settle for less.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #24
pwells18

Drives: 2017 zl1 conv 6 sp- '18 trackhawk
sorry- i cant get past "ministry work" and "can't decide ZL1 or ats-v" in the same sentence....
pwells18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:06 AM   #25
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwells18 View Post
sorry- i cant get past "ministry work" and "can't decide ZL1 or ats-v" in the same sentence....
There was only one perfect man.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:22 AM   #26
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Need help guys...I do ministry work (on road full time)...95% of my driving is in the city (large cities) 95% of the time. So, ZL1 or ATS-V...I only ask because so many have warned against ripping off front spiltter in the city...thoughts, please.
I would ask the Lord for a ZL1 and a Camry for inner city trips

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:54 PM   #27
crunch527

Drives: Big Brown
Quote:
In that case it doesn't matter what you drive...
crunch527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:31 PM   #28
mogsoc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwells18 View Post
Then no offense man, but what, I should dress, and WALK the country, like it's 33 AD? Your thinking about ministry work like you see on TV/movies, ahd that is NOT my gig. Mine is simply to help those that are in need, not start a church somewhere....Ministry has more than one meaning, and the "obvious" is not what God has me doing.