Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #6791

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
LA Auto Show...
Corvette...Name:  corvetteatautoshow.jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  158.1 KB

Cadillac definitely had new Blackwing engines showcased....

Lincoln had a nice exhibit and great looking cars also...

Mustang Mach-e was highly showcased as the future of Mustang...

Good show....a lot of awesome cars from all brands...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:26 PM   #6792
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I am now officially totally baffled wrt to what the hell Cadillac is doing these days.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/new-...o-blackwing-v8
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:48 AM   #6793
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I am now officially totally baffled wrt to what the hell Cadillac is doing these days.

Just shows GM isn’t serious about revitalizing Cadillac and is confused when their cheap efforts fail.

But not sure if I buy the claim of the CT5 and XT6 were supposed to ride on Omega..... And if the CTS-V can fit the LT4, why couldn’t the Blackwing fit in the CT5 performance variant?
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:53 AM   #6794
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Just shows GM isn’t serious about revitalizing Cadillac and is confused when their cheap efforts fail.

But not sure if I buy the claim of the CT5 and XT6 were supposed to ride on Omega..... And if the CTS-V can fit the LT4, why couldn’t the Blackwing fit in the CT5 performance variant?
I can tell you for a fact that there were many spirited discussions on whether XT6 should be Omega or Chi. I consistently fell on the Omega side. The Competitor Intel team that I was on continuously pointed out that the common thread among the most successful luxury utilities was that they shared platforms and/or powertrains with their brand’s flagship sedans. Mercedes S- Class and GLS. Audi S7/S8 and Q7/Q8. BMW 5-Series and X5.

Thing is, in our role we provided information and data to the vehicle teams and powertrain teams. We didn’t have (and should not have had) a vote in the process. XT6 was decided and “re-decided” so many times I wouldn’t be surprised if the heads and tails on the coin had been rubbed smooth.

There was a similar discussion on CT5, but it was decided and moved on as decided.

As for LT4 fits but Blackwing might not, I’m not totally surprised. The Small Block Chevy is a packaging marvel. Yes, the supercharger adds height, but the packaging challenges of V8s is in fitting between the rails (side to side) and front of the firewall to front of car with sufficient crush space. The Small Block does this in ridiculously capable ways. DOHC V engines, especially with Hot V setup, have the heads pushing wide to the sides.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 11-26-2019, 09:55 AM   #6795
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:

It’s amazing how incompetent management can thoroughly destroy a brand. GM has no clue how to run Cadillac.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #6796
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It’s amazing how incompetent management can thoroughly destroy a brand. GM has no clue how to run Cadillac.
Here we go back to 80's and 90's Caddy again - SMH
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #6797

Again, at the car show...lol...I was impressed by how many sedans, four and two door, all the other makes had available. Yet, Chevy or GM believes that segment is dead. Hardly the case it would seem to me. OK, no more Impala, it's all on Cadillac to carry on with the sedans. If they are cutting costs, etc., they are losing out big time. I think there were more passenger sedans available than SUVs from all the other makes.

I think Caddy's window of opportunity to get in the game is going to be closed before they get it together.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:05 PM   #6798
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I guess Omega is dead-man walking then? I mean, I'm not really surprised at this point, but as of a few years ago I was really hoping they could bring the costs of Omega down via spreading it across multiple vehicles. Omega kept the weight down on the CT6 so well...the base CT6 was like what...,3,450 lbs right? That seems incredible to me on a full size car. I had hopes we might see a next generation ATS/CTS with base weights coming in at a nice reduction under the current models, which were already doing well in the weight category on the Alpha platform.

yeah...poor Cadillac. I still want to like Cadillac. Well...I still do, but damn, it sure seems like Lincoln has been impressing me much more lately.

The new Escalade had better bring the freaking A game.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:51 PM   #6799
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Lincoln cars leave a lot to be desired, but they have really upped their game with their SUV and crossovers
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #6800
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I guess Omega is dead-man walking then? I mean, I'm not really surprised at this point, but as of a few years ago I was really hoping they could bring the costs of Omega down via spreading it across multiple vehicles. Omega kept the weight down on the CT6 so well...the base CT6 was like what...,3,450 lbs right? That seems incredible to me on a full size car. I had hopes we might see a next generation ATS/CTS with base weights coming in at a nice reduction under the current models, which were already doing well in the weight category on the Alpha platform.

yeah...poor Cadillac. I still want to like Cadillac. Well...I still do, but damn, it sure seems like Lincoln has been impressing me much more lately.

The new Escalade had better bring the freaking A game.
The way I read this is IFFFF CT6 gets a home, then it will soldier on with Blackwing as part of its engine lineup. Before I read the “no Blackwing for Escalade / CT5” article I was thinking that both would get Blackwing at low volume to keep the engine viable until CT6 gets placed and/or another vehicle(s) get launched on Omega. Think CT7, XT7. Now I’m inclined to wipe my Quija board clean and start a new forecast. Where’s my damn dartboard?

Old 11-26-2019, 07:57 PM   #6801
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:

I hate saying this, but it appears that the entire company is confused as to what their product lines should be.

I completely understand GM aggressively chasing the crossover market, as this genre seems to be the contemporary car expression of present. It seems that GM is also crippling the images of certain brands by only offering new crossover vehicles (many with marginal and bland styling cues) and not developing the other vehicle types that define certain marques. Buick, Cadillac were exclusively known for offering high content and highly styled sedans; Chevrolet was well known for their stylish and sporty sedans, and good value. It now seems that all of the divisions are selling one flavor of automobile, the crossovers, and the flavorings are pretty much on the bland side (including Blazer).

It will be a sad day if GM decides to totally abandon their hallmark automobiles and invest in current trend automobiles that are anonymous in nature. There are several well known brands that sell crossover type vehicles, with some of these vehicles looking at least as attractive (and some better looking) as the GM offerings. GM has to re-establish the style and car brands that made the company distinctive; Otherwise GM may end up fading and becoming a marginal brand in a car market that they once dominated.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:12 AM   #6802
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
I can tell you for a fact that there were many spirited discussions on whether XT6 should be Omega or Chi. I consistently fell on the Omega side. The Competitor Intel team that I was on continuously pointed out that the common thread among the most successful luxury utilities was that they shared platforms and/or powertrains with their brand’s flagship sedans. Mercedes S- Class and GLS. Audi S7/S8 and Q7/Q8. BMW 5-Series and X5.

Thing is, in our role we provided information and data to the vehicle teams and powertrain teams. We didn’t have (and should not have had) a vote in the process. XT6 was decided and “re-decided” so many times I wouldn’t be surprised if the heads and tails on the coin had been rubbed smooth.

There was a similar discussion on CT5, but it was decided and moved on as decided.

As for LT4 fits but Blackwing might not, I’m not totally surprised. The Small Block Chevy is a packaging marvel. Yes, the supercharger adds height, but the packaging challenges of V8s is in fitting between the rails (side to side) and front of the firewall to front of car with sufficient crush space. The Small Block does this in ridiculously capable ways. DOHC V engines, especially with Hot V setup, have the heads pushing wide to the sides.
GM is so into putting as many vehicles on one platform in order to spread costs, but when they have the chance to spread the costs of their pricier platforms, they balk? Sigh....

Ah... I remembered GM was bragging how the Blackwing upon debut was smaller than the LT4. It must have been height wise.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:35 AM   #6803
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/...05-lgchem.html

GM Lordstown 2.0.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:59 AM   #6804

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
That's good news....At least it's South Korean and not a Chinese partnership.

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions