Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: If the "HP edition" Camaro was called Z28:
Yes, I would still be interested in purchasing the car. 537 78.17%
No, I wouldn't buy it because that's not what I think it should be called. 150 21.83%
Voters: 687. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #29
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
Hate to tell you but the homepage isn't from GM. .. Hell they could put the moon is falling on the homepage. . doesn't mean it's true. . .

As Fbodfather said, no GM offical said it was a Z-28. It is all the fans that SPECULATE the car shown was a Z-28.

Like others siad, the HP will be an add on option to your SS car. . .Vert or coupe.
Seriously? Of course I know the homepage is not GM. I was stating that the "mods" should change the title as it is not correct.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #30
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I can see why Chevy might not want to use it. Some people feel the SS should be top dog and not the Z28, and the Z28 was originally a track package with a high revving motor. So I can understand them not wanting to just use it because they have it. I can see them using another name for now and then when the 6th gen Camaro comes around they can reset the order. LS->LT->Z28->SS->???

What ever they call it I'll still lust for it.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #31
Z28 Autobot

Drives: 94 Camaro
Come on now you just have to put a few things together to form what should be what the right thing is..its going to be called

IROC...why do I say this?

GM did this back in the 80's too..
Quote:
Don’t forget, though, IROC has been dead before, from 1981-1983. General Motors revived the series as a showcase for its newly redesigned Chevy Camaro.
Could that be it? Could GM be bringing back a showcase for this new car? Since IROC is now defunct and not anything but a memory. GM has the name now it has the car..it can resurrect the series to showcase this new car..

or could it be that knowing Red Pla....I mean FBodyfather..online for so long he has in the past posted the truth right in front of us and has proven it time and again that we were staring at it all along...I will leave it at that.
Z28 Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #32
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot View Post
Come on now you just have to put a few things together to form what should be what the right thing is..its going to be called

IROC...why do I say this?

GM did this back in the 80's too..

Could that be it? Could GM be bringing back a showcase for this new car? Since IROC is now defunct and not anything but a memory. GM has the name now it has the car..it can resurrect the series to showcase this new car..

or could it be that knowing Red Pla....I mean FBodyfather..online for so long he has in the past posted the truth right in front of us and has proven it time and again that we were staring at it all along...I will leave it at that.
Although I doubt it, it would be cool to see IROC and the IROC Camaro back. It would really be cool to just see a racing series of Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, but using the cars as close to stock as possible.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #33
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
This car is going to be named a different name than Z/28 regardless because the Z/28 should be the BOSS 302 killer. This new Camaro will take on the Shelby GT500 & needs a new nameplate to add to the Camaro history legacy. It's either their going to have to add a new nameplate or this could just be a new performance option for the SS but something tells me it will be a completely new car & nameplate. Either way I cant wait to see what they make of this GT500 destorying car. The SS should get more horsepower for the 2012 model though I believe.
Blue Maro Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #34
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
It would be awesome to have the IROC Camaro series back again to watch on TV either major channels or SPEED TV I would love it. I never got to see much of the old 80's IROC Camaro series other than the commercials but I would love to see IROC Camaro brought back as a yearly race and then for them to have a similar IROC Camaro brought back into the showrooms that people could purchase as well as a high power Camaro. I know it probably will never happen again but I can always dream!
Blue Maro Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #35
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
I think it should either be a Z28 or just an option on the SS. I'm having a tough time justifying why Z28 would not be used unless GM does not feel the car lives up to the name or is not different enough. If the car is little more than a few suspension tweaks and a SC, then just make it a package option and save Z28 to debut the alpha.

"SS Supercharged"?
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #36
Z28 Autobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Although I doubt it, it would be cool to see IROC and the IROC Camaro back. It would really be cool to just see a racing series of Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, but using the cars as close to stock as possible.
Well they were supposed to have that somewhere but it has not come to pass yet..

and I was kidding about the IROC..I dont think its going to happen..but if it does you heard it here first lol.

but maybe the other hiding in plain sight is what were thinking..
Old 01-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #37
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I think it should either be a Z28 or just an option on the SS. I'm having a tough time justifying why Z28 would not be used unless GM does not feel the car lives up to the name or is not different enough. If the car is little more than a few suspension tweaks and a SC, then just make it a package option and save Z28 to debut the alpha.

"SS Supercharged"?
This car will be too special to be named SS Supercharged or SS HP. This will be the all time top dog of Camaros and needs it's own brand if Z/28 isn't used.

This will truly be a special car in the long history of the Camaro brand, they will not shortchange it by just slapping on a supercharged badge IMO. I'm in agreement with Blue Maro Demon that it will have it's own new nameplate.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #38
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Z/28 = NOUN ; HPE = Adjective CASE CLOSED.

Z/28=NOUN

HPE, Supercharged XX, Whatever = ADJECTIVE.

Don't you agree CASE CLOSED?

Now, if they come up with a new NOUN to take the place of Z/28 like ZR1 took the title away from Z06, well then, I would not mind. Just don't give it some name that is an ADJECTIVE.

I'd buy it regardless. Just don't make it "Special Edition" HPE or otherwise.

htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #39
Z28 Autobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Z/28=NOUN

HPE, Supercharged XX, Whatever = ADJECTIVE.

Don't you agree CASE CLOSED?

Now, if they come up with a new NOUN to take the place of Z/28 like ZR1 took the title away from Z06, well then, I would not mind. Just don't give it some name that is an ADJECTIVE.

I'd buy it regardless. Just don't make it "Special Edition" HPE or otherwise.

Actually Camaro is the NOUN..Z28 is the adjective
"an adjective is a word whose main syntactic role is to modify a noun or pronoun"
Z28 is a modified Camaro.. Z28 is not a Z28 it is a Camaro.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #40
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Actually Z28 is a RPO code.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #41
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Actually Z28 is a RPO code.
Thats what I was going to say. I always thought it started out as an RPO. I know they have used SS to death but dont foget, they have used Z28, Z66 Z71 etc...
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #42
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i will want it no matter what it is called.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote