Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #15
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
So I have a question... my salesman just seems lazy. I've never gotten a single update from him without calling him (which can be a chore in itself) and asking him. And when I do get ahold of him, I get vague answers. But it sounds like other people who have ordered from the same dealer have had much more communication with their salesman. What would you do? Tattle to the GM on him? Ask to be switched to a different salesman?
Find out who the inventory manager is and talk to him directly. He's who the salesman is going to go to to get your answer anyways. I assume your dealership has one- most do.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #16
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Find out who the inventory manager is and talk to him directly. He's who the salesman is going to go to to get your answer anyways. I assume your dealership has one- most do.
I know he has access to the global connect so I'm not sure if they do that. He put my order in himself right in front of me. Which is weird because when I wanted to change my order it seemed like he had to have someone else do it. I asked to have the workbench sheet emailed to me and he said it would take a week or so which I don't understand when he was able to print it out while I was sitting there when I placed the order. And the last time I asked to change my order he never put it through (which I found out by talking to the GM who then went in and actually changed it).
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
After going to my dealer armed with the Pass One information, I learned that I am no.1 priority and sitting in the "Pass" state right now scheduled for 3/23 week of production.

My dealer actually re-prioritized me to no.1 after our phone call yesterday and last week. I gotta hand it to him, the guy did the right thing, and he even said he is taking a lot of flack for it. My faith in this guy is fully restored.

Can't wait to get my SS in April!
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #18
UCF w00t
Geek

Similar results here (although I'm not #1 and I was already in the correct spot). But that info helped greatly and I was able to see exactly where I am in line and even showed him how to get around the site a little lol. He didn't think he could get to it so I said "click on that" and BAM. Success!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #19
gto_in_nc

Drives: 1997 Jeep Wrangler -for now...
Quote:
So I have a question... my salesman just seems lazy. I've never gotten a single update from him without calling him (which can be a chore in itself) and asking him. And when I do get ahold of him, I get vague answers. But it sounds like other people who have ordered from the same dealer have had much more communication with their salesman. What would you do? Tattle to the GM on him? Ask to be switched to a different salesman?
I have a similar situation in that my salesman has ignored my inquiries since taking my money. I discovered the inventor manager, however (thanks, BTW, trm0002 -- I'd been referring to him as "the order guy" for lack of a definitive term!), and have been very pleased since.

My intention is to wait to see if I get more involvement from the saleman as the order/build/delivery process moves along. If so, all is good. If not, I plan to speak with the dealership's general manager about my disappointment in the salesman at the time I go to sign the paperwork. From a business management perspective, it is to the dealership's benefit (and ultimately GM's as well) for this feedback to be conveyed.
gto_in_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
...What are you supposed to do with your wallet? Throw it at them? It won't be good for much else.
I'm sorry, but when I read this all I can think about is the dude that threw his shoes at Bush.

Anyways, some people are luckier than others. My salesdude was fully aware of these forums and the information on them and advised me to look at them (even though I already knew about them).
Old 02-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #21
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Is there really a reason for the salesperson to keep you up to date if your Camaro isn't getting preferenced within the next few weeks? If you are number 9 of 12, I don't know what you think you need to know. If you are the first two orders, that's different. The only time you salesperson should be informing you is if he knows your order is going to be placed the following week and he should ask if you want to make any changes before the next Tuesday.

Salespeople are selling other Chevrolets that are not named Camaro. They need to handle that stuff now. Factory orders can wait until it's time for them to be preferenced.

Of course they should return phone calls or emails but you really don't need to be a pest and call your salesperson everytime something new comes up here.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #22
UCF w00t
Geek

I only called to change my order.

For example, when GM moved production back a month, even though I knew from here, it would've been nice to get a phone call or email.

Or when they got their allocation in, just an fyi of hey we got 1 for the month or something would've been nice.

Surely an hour out of your day to call all your customers that have preorders can't be too much of a burden when there's events like these.

I guess I'm just a pain in the ass heh.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #23
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Is there really a reason for the salesperson to keep you up to date if your Camaro isn't getting preferenced within the next few weeks? Salespeople are selling other Chevrolets that are not named Camaro. They need to handle that stuff now. Factory orders can wait until it's time for them to be preferenced. Of course they should return phone calls or emails but you really don't need to be a pest and call your salesperson everytime something new comes up here.
At last - the voice of reason makes itself heard.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #24
gto_in_nc

Drives: 1997 Jeep Wrangler -for now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Is there really a reason for the salesperson to keep you up to date if your Camaro isn't getting preferenced within the next few weeks? If you are number 9 of 12, I don't know what you think you need to know. If you are the first two orders, that's different. The only time you salesperson should be informing you is if he knows your order is going to be placed the following week and he should ask if you want to make any changes before the next Tuesday.

Salespeople are selling other Chevrolets that are not named Camaro. They need to handle that stuff now. Factory orders can wait until it's time for them to be preferenced.

Of course they should return phone calls or emails but you really don't need to be a pest and call your salesperson everytime something new comes up here.
In my case, it was a few e-mails to the salesman over the one-week period immediately following me walking into the dealership w/ CC in-hand, asking questions like:

"When the order is actually entered into WorkBench, would you please e-mail me my order number?"

"When will my order be entered into WorkBench rather than just hand-written on a sheet of paper?"

"Should I be concerned about the fact that my order hasn't been entered AND that you are ignoring my e-mails???"

You get the idea. As a salesperson, would you have bothered to respond to me at least once? He didn't...

EDIT: I am in TOTAL agreement with your post, BTW!

Last edited by gto_in_nc; 02-27-2009 at 04:51 PM.
gto_in_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #25
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Tahoe Z71, 2009 Silverado
I think many of you think your salesperson is just sitting around waiting for your Camaro to come in, Any email should be responded to within hours of receiving it but I am not calling all of my Camaro customers about any order event status that does not afffect their specific order. Allocated 7 consensed 1 in the first run, I let #1 know he had to drop the Hurst shifter and that everything was good to go he said no problem. Phones and e-mail #s 2-7 and let them know I was waiting for the next consensus and would be in touch if constraints affected their orders. I do not call them everyday with every supposed rumour etc that is posted in here and other media sources. I will contact them if and only if something comes up that would change anything I had already told them when they ordered their Camaro's.

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

teamlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #26
sac-au-lait

Drives: 06Colorado07Silverado08Cobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlynn1 View Post
I think many of you think your salesperson is just sitting around waiting for your Camaro to come in, Any email should be responded to within hours of receiving it but I am not calling all of my Camaro customers about any order event status that does not afffect their specific order. Allocated 7 consensed 1 in the first run, I let #1 know he had to drop the Hurst shifter and that everything was good to go he said no problem. Phones and e-mail #s 2-7 and let them know I was waiting for the next consensus and would be in touch if constraints affected their orders. I do not call them everyday with every supposed rumour etc that is posted in here and other media sources. I will contact them if and only if something comes up that would change anything I had already told them when they ordered their Camaro's.
Amen
sac-au-lait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #27
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
I know he has access to the global connect so I'm not sure if they do that. He put my order in himself right in front of me. Which is weird because when I wanted to change my order it seemed like he had to have someone else do it. I asked to have the workbench sheet emailed to me and he said it would take a week or so which I don't understand when he was able to print it out while I was sitting there when I placed the order. And the last time I asked to change my order he never put it through (which I found out by talking to the GM who then went in and actually changed it).
Salesman can "build" an order....typically dealerships will leave the RELEASE to the GM. Maybe that's what happened....and the GM does the actual release say on a Thursday.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #28
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlynn1 View Post
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote