Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #57
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
It's not a mechanical problem... I want to know what's wrong with my software that caused my power steering to fail while I was trying to park in a busy parking lot! This is a software problem, and we all have the same software! It could happen to any of you
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #58
Pgoldston

Drives: 1999 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
You're right. Someone should start a class action lawsuit against GM for producing cars with flaws and DEMAND that every single car with ANY type of flaw either gets replaced IMMEDIATLY with a brand new PERFECT car. If GM fails to do this by next Friday, GM should be forced to dissove itself imediatly and withdraw from the automotive industry totally.

No where did I say that I wanted it fix by friday or any small flaws. This is a severe safety issue that should he highlighted and moved the front to ensure no ones dies.

This type of thinking is eactly what got GM in the red in the first place. If you are willing to accept this type of substandard product and put your life and families life on the line thats your agenda. Just makes be wonder what other substandards you accept.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #59
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
You think someone is going to die because of this?
Of course it needs to be investigated, facts collected and fixed.
I didn't expect it to be ignored, what I am referring to is knee jerk over reactions.

It will only affect these cars at slow speeds, worst case, you are going too fast in a parking lot, don't have time to react (as in STOP) in a parking lot when it fails.

If you are driving on the highway, you will still be able to switch lanes etc with ease.

Fix the problem, but don't raise the big red flag until it is necessary. The ramifications of knee jerk reactions often cause more damage than the problem did.

I am sure that the dealerships that deal with it, have it reported back to a central database. The problem and the fix will be published when they have it.

If it is critical and requires it, there will be a recall, if not they will address it.

YOu have many assumptions in your message and they just aren't fair.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #60
Pgoldston

Drives: 1999 camaro
Looks like GM already had a past history with this issue with pontiac. had over 1100 complaints, 14 accidents with at least 1 injury.

you say that loss of cant cause a death? So what you are saying is doing a legal u-turn and you lose power steering which can force you into a lane you were not planning to be in doesnt sound like it could potentially put you at risk for a serious accident?

I go through several day to day driving habits that loss of power steering puts you a risk of wrecking the vehicle. Like I said before if you are willing drive in a car that has a decent chance of losing power steering with out warning thats fine by me. All Im asking for is what is plan for this. It is a issue that needs to be addressed as its a saftey issue.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #61
snake411

Drives: 2012 ZL1
i had power steering problem at 25 miles,stop at the store,back in the car start her up no power steering, i shut down the car 10 sec,start up again,still no power steering,drive it home (about 5 miles) stop the car for 20 min start again and evrything ok??? number 1589
snake411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #62
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Anytime this happens the car needs to be taken in for service and GM needs to be notified. That way they can't say it's an isolated incidence. It will never get fixed if only one or two owners report the problem and the rest of the them write it off as an isolated incidence because it seems to have resolved itself. If it happens to me I'll report it to the NHTSA. It is serious and nobody can prove it is only a low speed issue.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #63
RoketRdr

Drives: 2010 Duramax; 2012 CTS-V Coupe
Has anyone else checked the connector that XxxReaperxxX discovered to be loose on his car? (Post #32) He hasn't reported back with a problem since making sure the connector was 'clicked' in. Curious to know if anyone else with the power steering issue finds this loose on their car as well.
RoketRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #64
Silverguardrail

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1448
Due to the history I have read in this thread, I would like to know where the Ground post/lug and Battery Buss link are for the Power steering unit and check if they're loose first.

ZL1 - the true definition of joy ride
Silverguardrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #65
qniknam
Account Suspended

Drives: 13 ZL1 | 13 SRT GC | 13 SRT CHARGER
bbb.org --- lemon that sucker like my last Camaro muahahhaha!
qniknam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #66
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake411 View Post
i had power steering problem at 25 miles,stop at the store,back in the car start her up no power steering, i shut down the car 10 sec,start up again,still no power steering,drive it home (about 5 miles) stop the car for 20 min start again and evrything ok??? number 1589
I do apologize for the frustrations you may be experiencing with this concern. The best thing to do is to take it to your local dealership for service to see if they can diagnose the issue. If you have any other questions and are still experiencing the issues after the service appointment, feel free to contact GM of Canada at 800-263-3777.

Regards,

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #67
snake411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I do apologize for the frustrations you may be experiencing with this concern. The best thing to do is to take it to your local dealership for service to see if they can diagnose the issue. If you have any other questions and are still experiencing the issues after the service appointment, feel free to contact GM of Canada at 800-263-3777.

Regards,

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Brandon

I am not frustrated at all,being a mecanic for the past 26 years hi have
seen it all,when i get the time i am going to have a good look at it to
see if i can find anything wrong whit the PS.
snake411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #68
ZEDL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black, 2015 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake411 View Post
Hi Brandon

I am not frustrated at all,being a mecanic for the past 26 years hi have
seen it all,when i get the time i am going to have a good look at it to
see if i can find anything wrong whit the PS.
I'd be very interested in your findings snake411, as doubtless would most of us on the forum. Thanks.
ZEDL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #69
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx View Post
I'd prefer a proper manual rack and pinion over electric steering
I myself also prefer proper racks when I go manual on them... :tweetz:
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #70
mickey123456

I'm sad to say that today my eps failed. I will be at the dealership tomorrow to possibly get it fixed. This is a real issue. I have 3500 miles.
mickey123456 is offline   Reply With Quote