Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: What exaust?
MRT V2- Magnaflow x pipe 13 65.00%
Corsa Catback 4 20.00%
Mach XL- XXL 2 10.00%
American Thunder mufflers 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Insaniak

Drives: 2010 LT
Help deciding which exaust

So out of these what ones do you guys like the best? I want to go MRT, but hearing alot of people have drone issues with them.
Insaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
AllBlckChvy

Drives: Black 2LS
mrt FTW, some drone but it's tolerable
MRT V2.0 | VMax CNC Ported TB | BMR 1.25" drop springs | Staggered 22x9/10.5 Limited Edition Black Giovanna Dalar 5 Wheels | MGP Calipers | Halo Projector Headlights | Blinglights Dual Color Foglights | Gun Smoke tail, side markers, reverse light tint | 5% Tint all around
AllBlckChvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
MRT V2 no xpipe. Loved it, barely any drone you'll be fine with it.

I'm running MRT v2 with BBK LT headers and still no xpipe and I'm good with the drone (barely any)

And if you don't like the sound of the MRT by itself you can always add the xpipe later. Better to want to add it than get it on and not be able to hear a difference compared to stock since an xpipe will tone it down some
Old 03-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
Insaniak

Drives: 2010 LT
Alright and with the MRTs they are bolt ons right? So easily can be changed if the drone is unbearable?
Insaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #5
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
MRT 2.0 is the most popular axle back made for our V6. Many of us added the Magna-flow Resonated X pipe after adding LT headers, to take care of the RASP. The side benefit is it also took care of the drone. I did not have the X pipe without the headers. Yes, there was some drone at 1900 - 2100 rpm's on the highway between 70 - 74 MPH. It never bothered me. From all the reading, studying and posting about this subject, I think it was safe to say the drone only bothered maybe 10% of the folks who had the MRT 2.0's The sweet sound of this set-up over road any issue with drone.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaniak View Post
Alright and with the MRTs they are bolt ons right? So easily can be changed if the drone is unbearable?
Yep can clamp them on or weld them. And like Catman said all depends on your version of unbearable. If you need Mercedes quite on the inside then you'll probably want it but just gotta try it out and see what you like, since we all like different sounds, etc.

But yeah it's not to hard to and an xpipe later if you think you need it.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #7
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
The Magnaflow resonated x-pipe takes care of all RASP. I have LT headers, the resonated x, stock resonator delete, and straight pipes out the back (had the Flowmaster American Thunder on for quite a long time) and to me it sounds so good!! If I had to recommend any of these you put up, it'd be the Corsa catback and then you get a set of LT headers when the time is right.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
The axle back selection is not that important as long as you have the Mag res-x pipe to go with it.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:29 AM   #9
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
The axle back selection is not that important as long as you have the Mag res-x pipe to go with it.

Not True.............. Most people do not need a resonated X pipe unless they are running the long tube headers, which case the res. X - pipe helps with the rasp.

And yes, the selection of your axle back is important as each has a differant sound, MRT's happen to be the most poplular becasue they offer one of the best sounds.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #10
CORSAPERFORMANCE

Drives: 2008 C6 Corvette
A little bias

Adding resonators to the X-pipe ? We use ours to give better air flow, not sure why you'd take it away other than to muffle drone.
CORSAPERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #11
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CORSAPERFORMANCE View Post
Adding resonators to the X-pipe ? We use ours to give better air flow, not sure why you'd take it away other than to muffle drone.
We are referring to the Magnaflow "resonated x-pipe"... basically a muffler with an internal x-pipe:

Most use it to lessen the rasp that is inherent in V6s... and to some extent help control drone... for drone I recommend the j-pipe (helmholtz)...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #12
'13Inferno

Drives: '13 Camaro LS
I just installed my exhaust on Friday. Magnaflow res x pipe, muffler delete. Sounds so good. I would recommend that route. Nice, smooth loud sound. No drone at all. I posted a thread for it on the lfx section, with a video
Old 03-18-2014, 11:19 AM   #13
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I just did some extensive research and spent some money the last 2 weeks to have 3 different exhaust set ups mounted to my car. I will do a write up with video's in my build thread on all 3. The Magnaflow works awesome on the LLT.