Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-03-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
desieng

Drives: '11 SW 2SS/RS LS3 Vert
Good Starter Polishing Kit (Gift)

So the Wife has asked me to make a wishlist for my upcoming birthday. I'm looking to get a PC-7424XP kit. Which kit do you guys recommend to get the most bang for the buck? (Note: I'm open to buying just the 7424XP machine and getting the pads, etc separate if it's more "economically friendly")

I've narrowed it down to the few below but am open to other options if you guys have better suggestions:

1) Autogeek Complete Starter Kit ~$225 (two backing plates + most pads but they seem less aggressive pads).
2 a) Chemical Guys - Complete Detailing Kit ~200 (fewer pads but wider range of pads)
2 b) Which also looks to be available here on Amazon for slightly cheaper (~$170)
3) Any options you experts have?

- I'm leaning towards the option 2B (Amazon) and then buying other pads as required separately but is there any advantages to buying from ChemGuys/Autogeek (in terms of warranty for the PC) over Amazon?

[Background: I'm a total beginner to the polishing game but I've been browsing sites (especially this section on C5) for the past ~6 months and am looking to start (properly) machine polishing my own vehicles when the weather warms up - which is why I've chosen to go with the beginner friendly PC-7424XP ]
desieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
For beginning, either will give you a definite improvement. The one thing I have against the ChemGuys bundle is they only give you one pad of each. You typically want two pads for each cutting/polishing step.