Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #29
Inferno Man

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS 2010
Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

2000 4/21/2010
3000 4/28/2010 TPW 5/10/2010
3300 5/5/2010
3400 5/10/2010
3800 5/11/2010
HOME 5/28/2010!!!!!
Inferno Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:19 AM   #30
Kurushio

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT RS (M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Dude that freakin SUCKS.....

Maybe the Moderators will ban his Username. I guess that doesnt' stop him from getting a new one though.

I've been kinda looking for some wheels for drag radials and posted a WTB in the For Sale section. This same guy contacted me telling me he had what i was looking for. He tried the bait and switch (offering a low price at first and then came back for a high price)....but when I asked to buy just the rears instead of all 4 he immediately came back and said he found someone to buy the other 2 and it would be no problem. I mean it was like 20 min later. He also said they had 10 miles on them....so I guess he lives just around the corner from the dealer???? He kept pushing me left and right that he had someone to buy the fronts but didn't want to sell them unless I bought the rears. He also sent me some pics of Midnight Silver wheels and even though I called him on it he swore they were polished. That just thew all sorts of red flags and I told him to send me the wheels first and then I would send money. Of course that was the end of that.

I can tell you that I'm not buy anything that I can't see in front of me unless it's from one of the paying sponsors.

Thanks for posting your situation. Hopefully you'll some how get your money back but even if not you have probably saved a few people from falling victim to this guy or maybe someone else.
If they do ban atleast his name and user account then he would have to make a new one and like others said buying something from a person without a lot of history will make people alot more nervous. Ive been lucky and that the stuff ive bought from ebay has never been a ripoff and once i used paypal but the seller never sent the item to me after like 10 days so i got my money back and got the same item cheaper from someone else lol.

Paypal can be awesome but you still need to be careful. I hope you do get your money back and can stop that guy from doing it to other people.
Kurushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:40 AM   #31
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
So I tried to do a little digging...

Photobucket name is ChrisGeeTeeO..
Used to own a red GTO, username on LS1gto.com is GtoGotToGo...
License plate on said GTO is "324ZED", I think the GTO was sold..
Tried to find a plate number on the G8, however I couldnt..
Old 06-26-2010, 05:53 AM   #32
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by svrds10 View Post
Sucks that happened to you buddy. I buy and sell a lot of stuff online including through forums. I have always had some rules i follow when purchasing things on forums.

1) Check the users join date. If they have not been around for more than 6 months dont even consider it. In this case he joined on 06/17/10. Thats a HUGE red flag.

2) Post count. Make sure his post count is over 300-400 posts. That shows that he has contributed to the forum and allows you to see what type of person they are. "Do they start arguements alot, contribute valuable information, post any pictures of there ride, met any other forum members in real life".

3) Only send money to verified paypal accounts.

4) If not using paypal use a credit card as its alot easier to file claims and get your money back.

5) Get a phone # and request to talk to him before purchasing. This gives you a phone # that can be tied to an address unless its a boost mobile.

6) Get a picture of the item and have them write there forum name on a piece of paper and stick it in front of the item your purchasing.

I know those are all pretty common sense things but you need to make sure to stick to them.

Hope you get it resolved. Might want to try and goto your bank right away and file a claim. See what happens. It cant hurt to try at least.

Best advice on this whole thread.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #33
bozbot
Boom goes the dynamite

Drives: '02 civic
Send a message via AIM to bozbot
just curious but how do you know he is def the same guy from the other forum? just because the screen name are the same and pictures are the same doesnt mean anything. whoever it is could just be using that info to copy him. especially if on the other site the seller was legit. just a thought before you go trying to track them down

bozbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #34
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
yes go to your bank and do a chargeback quick before its too late .

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #35
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
So I tried to do a little digging...

Photobucket name is ChrisGeeTeeO..
Used to own a red GTO, username on LS1gto.com is GtoGotToGo...
License plate on said GTO is "324ZED", I think the GTO was sold..
Tried to find a plate number on the G8, however I couldnt..
could you see what state the plate was from? can go from there.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #36
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
could you see what state the plate was from? can go from there.
I believe it was Arizona, plate frame was blocking it.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #37
racrx451

Drives: 2010 white SS
pretty sure he lives in Goodyear, AZ. that's what I found when I did some research on it.
racrx451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #38
SweetSandMan

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS
It's common and unfortunate on every car forum and craigslist. That's the reason I either meet in person and pay cash, or if it needs to be shipped, I don't send money until they send me a verifiable tracking number.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #39
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Dude that freakin SUCKS.....

Maybe the Moderators will ban his Username. I guess that doesnt' stop him from getting a new one though.

I've been kinda looking for some wheels for drag radials and posted a WTB in the For Sale section. This same guy contacted me telling me he had what i was looking for. He tried the bait and switch (offering a low price at first and then came back for a high price)....but when I asked to buy just the rears instead of all 4 he immediately came back and said he found someone to buy the other 2 and it would be no problem. I mean it was like 20 min later. He also said they had 10 miles on them....so I guess he lives just around the corner from the dealer???? He kept pushing me left and right that he had someone to buy the fronts but didn't want to sell them unless I bought the rears. He also sent me some pics of Midnight Silver wheels and even though I called him on it he swore they were polished. That just thew all sorts of red flags and I told him to send me the wheels first and then I would send money. Of course that was the end of that.

I can tell you that I'm not buy anything that I can't see in front of me unless it's from one of the paying sponsors.

Thanks for posting your situation. Hopefully you'll some how get your money back but even if not you have probably saved a few people from falling victim to this guy or maybe someone else.

Don't let one bad apple stop you from buying stuff from the Classifieds. I have bought lots of stuff from other members here, and not only did I get every item just as promised, it was at a great price too. 99% of the people on here are great people and are here for the same thing....their love for the Camaro.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #40
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
I believe it was Arizona, plate frame was blocking it.
private investigator could get the registration history and match that plate with a name. just need a time frame that picture was taken. example:picture was in 2005. match registered owner for 2005.

or you could get his IP address and check with the internet company.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #41
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
He has been suspended.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #42
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
i guess that's why I go through Ebay. At least there is a way to get the money back.