Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
What are the chances of this working on the Camaro

I hope someone from GM can chime in but I doubt it. I am a long time Sirius subscriber and have pre-paid Sirius for a while. I mainly listen to Howard Stern (I know you can get him on XM now), however I also prefer Sirius's music channels over XM. I HOPE this would work:

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-conn...gm1-p-228.html

Anyone? (I know the car isn't listed yet, cause it isn't out yet!)
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
drummerstevey

Drives: 2006 VW GTI
well i'm sure that you know that the companies merged and they are in the process of merging their stations too. also, car products are very specific i am willing to bet that this will not work on the new camaro, as of right now

Good things are worth waiting for...
drummerstevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Been wondering the same thing too. Can't get an answer from anyone as far as the timetable on the actually station merger.

I have had Sirius for years, and am hoping that by the time the car is here we can at least transfer subscriptions or something along those lines.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
For us current subscribers of XM, they are offering us a best of Sirius package for a few dollars more a month. The package includes Howard Stern, NASCAR, NFL and a couple more that I can't remember. As for the new radios, I have no clue how they are going to work.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #5
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerstevey View Post
well i'm sure that you know that the companies merged and they are in the process of merging their stations too. also, car products are very specific i am willing to bet that this will not work on the new camaro, as of right now
From what I've read (I'm a shareholder.... unfortunately) its going to take a really long time before they merge all the stations and programming. I've listened to both and prefer the programming of Sirius to that of XM and I have a couple years paid ahead on it as well. So I would then need to pay XM and then additional to get the "best of Sirius" package.

I might just take a gamble and buy it to see it it would work. Chances are they did not develop a new XM receiver box for the Camaro and used an off the shelf part (since there has been no new development on XM or Sirius for a couple years, look at how many different models this works with), if thats the case this unit should plug right in. I will be the guniea pig lol!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote