Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 04-16-2014, 01:01 AM   #1
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Everything you need to know about the Car Show!!!

Camaro5Fest V Car Show Details

What it is: This is a 100% free entry car show. It gives Camaro owners a chance to show off their ride and earn some very elegant awards thanks to Adams Polishes.

Where to Park: There is a section in the middle of the Vendor “U” and the Camaro Cross where the car show parking is designated. The map below depicts this. Depending on if you’re racing, we will have a special section of the car show parking area for you to go. These cars will be judged first to make sure you can make your events.

Where to register: ON SATURDAY, there will be a table at the Adams Booth (Right next to the GM/Moderator tent) where you will check in. This booth will be clearly marked with sign indicating it is for the car show. If you have any questions, feel free to ask any staff member and they will direct you to the exact location. PLEASE BRING YOUR REG CARD WITH YOU WHEN YOU CHECK IN!

What about registration cards?: The car show registration form is attached below. You are more than welcome to create and print out your own registration form, so long as it has the same fields as the one in the link. Please be sure to print out your registration card and bring it with you to the fest. Registration cards should be displayed on the dashboard of your vehicle during judging. PLEASE BRING YOUR REG CARD WITH YOU WHEN YOU CHECK IN!

When the judging will take place: Cars will be parked in the appropriate area at 11am on Saturday, May 3rd. Judging will continue until the last car is judged. If you need to leave early for a racing events, please be sure to let us know WHEN YOU REGISTER. We will check your name against the Camaro cross and drag lists and make sure to get your car judged by the appropriate time. After judging, a small colored sticker will be placed on your car (not on the paint) to show that it has been judged. You are welcome to take your car out of the car show area after judging has taken place (to go drag, camaro cross, or park with your club), but do not have to.

Quote:
Criteria for judging (based on judges opinion)

Cleanliness:
Is the area being judged wiped down?
Free of stains/discoloration/chips in paint/dents?
Are the nooks/crannies and hard to reach places clean, or is the cleanliness only superficial?
Are there gaps in the body panels?
Do the modification installations look professionally installed or look like the installer cut corners/zip-tied/duct taped them on?

Theme:
Is there a theme to the customization?
Do the mods fit the theme? (Do the flames on the engine cover fit the “sub zero/ice” paint scheme?)
Does it look like the owner thought through their process when building the car, or did they buy anything shiny and just slap it together?

Areas of inspection:

Engine bay
Exterior
Interior
Wheels (inside barrels, lug nut openings, rivets)
Trunk
Paint

Score Cards for best generation awards and best of show award:
Points will be listed for the areas above. Even if you have no modifications (i.e., audio/video system in the trunk), you should be popping the hood/trunk. Cars not openly accessible will receive ZERO POINTS for that area. Judges will be looking for the whole package.

There are no score cards for the following categories:
Best Paint - Looking at quality of the paint. The winner of this category should have the least amount of Swirls and RIDS, no chips/dents, and should be as close to a perfectly smooth glass finish as possible. This is not the best mural contest, although the winner may have a mural.

Best Exterior - Looking at the overall exterior appearance. The winner of this category should have a modified exterior, any possible body panel mods should have OEM fit/finish, paint should match on different body panels, molded ducting/vents should receive higher points than tape-stuck ones leaving ridges.

Best Interior - Looking at the overall interior appearance. The winner should have a modified interior and should be a super clean cohesive look.

Best Engine Bay - Is it tricked out? Is it minimalist with wires/relocated to give the engine bay a cleaner look? Both should be weighed equally based on the number of options.

Judging will be made by a panel of judges, one employee of Adams Polishes, 1-2 Camaro5 moderator(s) and 2-3 member(s) of the H-town Camaro Club.
What classes will be judged:
Best 1st Generation Camaro
Best 2nd Generation Camaro
Best 3rd Generation Camaro
Best 4th Generation Camaro
Best 5th Generation Camaro
Runner up 5th Generation Camaro
Runner up 5th Generation Camaro
Best Paint
Best Exterior
Best Interior
Best Engine Bay
Best of Show
Where awards will be handed out: There is an air conditioned room, where awards will be handed out at the awards ceremony, held in the Tower Club at 5:00pm. We will announce over the PA when the awards ceremony will start.

Name:  2014_Map-Revised copy.jpg
Views: 2352
Size:  417.5 KB
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Car Show Reg.pdf (112.2 KB, 637 views)
Old 04-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Updated details are posted. Post if you have any questions.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:46 AM   #3
mrharleyduck

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary SS
Looking forward to it...
Old 04-21-2014, 04:49 AM   #4
timtoolman24

Drives: 2012 LS3 2SS/RS
Ready!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I have a question(s) in regards to spacing and set up between Camaros.

Is there a particular method in parking inside the Car Show area? What I mean is, are cars parked in a certain direction (North/South or in a diagonal) and is there a required spacing between cars (5ft or 10ft intervals)? If so, is there a diagram or will there be someone on location to help park, space and line up cars participating in the show?

Just little questions.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:05 AM   #6
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Updated details are posted. Post if you have any questions.
Great info . . . . Thanks!!
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
I have a question(s) in regards to spacing and set up between Camaros.

Is there a particular method in parking inside the Car Show area? What I mean is, are cars parked in a certain direction (North/South or in a diagonal) and is there a required spacing between cars (5ft or 10ft intervals)? If so, is there a diagram or will there be someone on location to help park, space and line up cars participating in the show?

Just little questions.
We will have people directing you on how/where to park. Cars will be parked most likely in rows, with enough room to walk around the cars so that all angles will be displayed. Does this answer your question?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:33 AM   #8
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Looks good to me...
Old 04-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #9
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
We will have people directing you on how/where to park. Cars will be parked most likely in rows, with enough room to walk around the cars so that all angles will be displayed. Does this answer your question?
Yes-sir-re-bob!!!
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Just a reminder. Please bring your registration card with you to the check in table on Saturday so we can give your car a number or easy record keeping. I've updated the original post to reflect this notification.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the masterpieces you guys and gals have created.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #11
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Clean ! Clean! Clean ! Wax on Wax off, Good luck to all ! From last years winner !
But most of all Enjoy the fact that you are there and participating in a GREAT EVENT !
Participating the last two years was a blast ! Wish I could be with you and competing .

Last edited by lawdog; 05-02-2014 at 11:55 PM.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote