Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-12-2015, 06:52 AM   #29
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Dude your car was SICK!!!! LOVED Vader!!! Took a bunch of pix when I finally got to see it in person. I'd heard about it, but dang...VERY nice!

Dude...you weren't the only one with trailer problems...lol

At least mine was when we were loading up. I brought it up the back end of the trailer thinking shoot....I'd done this several times before with no issues, I'll just do the same. Well, two metal plates were sticking up and my car was LOW seeing as how the trailer was parked. Caught both metal lips dead on with my lower facia. I now have two damn holes in my facia and I just don't think it can be fixed. Oh well...time for a new lower facia insert.

I learned my lesson on loading i use 2x6 extended ramps and i always have someone watch. i took out my front splitter that way on the last car
Old 08-12-2015, 11:04 PM   #30
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I too feel like its the best place for the Fest. Thats why LSFest is there. Awesome location.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:40 PM   #31
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
I learned my lesson on loading i use 2x6 extended ramps and i always have someone watch. i took out my front splitter that way on the last car
Love my race ramps just for this. BaylorCamaro messed up his front fascia pretty good before borrowing my ramps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
I too feel like its the best place for the Fest. Thats why LSFest is there. Awesome location.
I wish we cold just keep it there every year. The visitor bureau rolled out the red carpet for us in case anyone hadn't noticed. The hotel was spot on and actually said we were the quietest car group they ever had. The police are there for security and safety. The track owners and our lead sponsor Holley were blown away by the Camaros. Yeah, it's a good spot.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:49 PM   #32
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Love my race ramps just for this. BaylorCamaro messed up his front fascia pretty good before borrowing my ramps.

I wish we cold just keep it there every year. The visitor bureau rolled out the red carpet for us in case anyone hadn't noticed. The hotel was spot on and actually said we were the quietest car group they ever had. The police are there for security and safety. The track owners and our lead sponsor Holley were blown away by the Camaros. Yeah, it's a good spot.
I may just have to move there... haha I enjoyed the town, nice people everywhere. Cant beat them white castle sliders either! By far my favorite track ive ever been to also!

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:28 AM   #33
Glasstop2010RS

Drives: Corvette C6 500 HP
Fest 7

Quote:
Coming from someone who's been to all of them, this was #1. However, each fest has it's own special part that appeals to different folks. Some will say Indy #1 for the large number of cars and others will say Arizona for the CamaroVan there and large vendor attendance and then there was the sheer magic of Fest I and the cruise that can never be duplicated.

This one offered some special things like the tours so attendees had choices of other activities. It was also a nice compact area without long distances between events and a hotel parking lot that was awesome. It also offers some additional things like cruises if we ever go back. I was just told about 25 different routes that other car groups have taken and I know this would be something our Camaros are interested in doing again.
This was such a Great Event I think you should do it again......Great Job to all the People that made it happen. It was worth the 14 hr drive ! Bob.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:45 AM   #34
RJT2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I too have to thank everybody for a great time. To me the vendor turn out was great. I loved the track day at the NCM track. Thanks again to mlee and TAG UR IT for the extra mile they made to enable me to participate at NCM. The RODGERS group also deserve thanks for the event. Every person I met was friendly. This was my first fest but won't be my last. But if held in Bowling Green again I hope OHIO is finally done with the road work on I 75:-)
2010 2SS/RS L99 CAI intake Stainless Works headers and Hi-flow cats CORSA cat back exhaust livernois motorsports dyno tune VMAX throttle body ELITE catch can GM clean side catch can 2014 lca BMR rear toe links PEDDERS Supercar suspension PEDDERS poly subframe bushings JPSS BLACK MAGIC rear sway bar DSS 1000 hp axles 1LE wheels Michelin 285/35 tires CTS-V front brake upgrade fuel rail flip heater hose relocation
RJT2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:51 AM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasstop2010RS View Post
This was such a Great Event I think you should do it again......Great Job to all the People that made it happen. It was worth the 14 hr drive ! Bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT2SSRS View Post
I too have to thank everybody for a great time. To me the vendor turn out was great. I loved the track day at the NCM track. Thanks again to mlee and TAG UR IT for the extra mile they made to enable me to participate at NCM. The RODGERS group also deserve thanks for the event. Every person I met was friendly. This was my first fest but won't be my last. But if held in Bowling Green again I hope OHIO is finally done with the road work on I 75:-)
it means a lot to hear comments like this.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:02 AM   #36
goatslapper
12.527@112.33 MPH

Drives: 2010 black ss/rs cgm stripes
Speaking truth. Hope it is there next year. Have to do the ride into 2 days. People are so great and quite refreshing.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:44 PM   #37
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Do you have a high resolution image of the track pic? looks like me in the first run.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #38
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
This was also my first FEST! I had an awesome time. The only complaint I have was there was so much to do and not enough time to do it. I would take the 11 hour trip back to Bowling Green in a heartbeat. I think if it wasn't for the Amusement park next door I would have been in trouble with the wife and 3-1/2 year old. My wife is not a "CAR" person. So after I tried my hand at autox the wife comes up to me and says " We are bored" I said well go to the Amusement park then. That was Friday afternoon. They went there Friday afternoon and also all day Saturday I think I will wait until my son is a little bit older next time. With that being said I will go to the next Fest by myself. I also would like to thank Mlee, Tag and everyone else responsible for investing all of their free time to set these fests up. Even though I had to divide my time into thirds ( Son , Wife , Me) I really enjoyed my time there. Next time I will get there on a Tuesday or Wednesday so I can do alot more that the fest offers. I also will stay at the Host Hotel too. See everyone next year. I hope to meet Mlee , Tag and the Camaro Crewnext time. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful in everyway. I had a little issue with a mask i put on the front of my car and Adams already was a winner for me with their products. Anyway Dylan from Adams addressed the issue and did a great job to rectify the problem. I had a few concerns about some of the things that was going on with my car. I spoke to a couple of people at GM and those issues were also addressed. The Fest was a WIN,WIN,WIN all around. Thanks again to all responsible.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:13 PM   #39
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
This was also my first FEST! I had an awesome time. The only complaint I have was there was so much to do and not enough time to do it. I would take the 11 hour trip back to Bowling Green in a heartbeat. I think if it wasn't for the Amusement park next door I would have been in trouble with the wife and 3-1/2 year old. My wife is not a "CAR" person. So after I tried my hand at autox the wife comes up to me and says " We are bored" I said well go to the Amusement park then. That was Friday afternoon. They went there Friday afternoon and also all day Saturday I think I will wait until my son is a little bit older next time. With that being said I will go to the next Fest by myself. I also would like to thank Mlee, Tag and everyone else responsible for investing all of their free time to set these fests up. Even though I had to divide my time into thirds ( Son , Wife , Me) I really enjoyed my time there. Next time I will get there on a Tuesday or Wednesday so I can do alot more that the fest offers. I also will stay at the Host Hotel too. See everyone next year. I hope to meet Mlee Tag and the Camaro Crew
and I wish we would have formally met, but there's always next time. I stayed two extra days to do some of the things I missed like the factory tour. Next time we go there will be a cruise. This is probably one of the best areas for this and they have 25 different routes to choose from. Thanks again for the kind words and glad you enjoyed it.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:23 PM   #40
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
and I wish we would have formally met, but there's always next time. I stayed two extra days to do some of the things I missed like the factory tour. Next time we go there will be a cruise. This is probably one of the best areas for this and they have 25 different routes to choose from. Thanks again for the kind words and glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks Mlee. I really wanted to meet you ,but as I said there was so much to do I ran out of time. To me there is so much to do there it just seems to fit in perfectly for us. Just my two cents. Also a cruise in the area with , 800 Camaros would be awesome Just saying:big grin: Yeah because that was my first time to Bowling Green I did not know if I would return there again So I did the Corvette Assembly Plant and Museum while we were there. Of course if you have the fest there again I won't have to go to those two places again
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:27 PM   #41
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Drove down from the Great White North (Toronto) and it was worth ever mile.
What a great place to hold an event like this. Everyone we met was having a great time (despite the overcast skys and rain on Thursday) and all were extremely friendly.
The host hotel was a very nice place and the parking lot was perfect, so much fun at night.

I want to thank everyone involved that put this event together. This was my first Fest but certainly won't be my last !

My vote is to go back to Bowling Green again, I don't think you can beat it.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #42
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
It was....
Awesome!!!

...just goes by....

Too Fast!

Mlee =

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote